Coronavirus Outbreak

Status
Not open for further replies.
@colinbh said in [Coronavirus Outbreak](/post/1516843) said:
@eyeofthetiger-0 said in [Coronavirus Outbreak](/post/1516842) said:
@eyeofthetiger-0 said in [Coronavirus Outbreak](/post/1516839) said:
@formerguest said in [Coronavirus Outbreak](/post/1516809) said:
@eyeofthetiger-0 said in [Coronavirus Outbreak](/post/1516800) said:
Sorry guys but please enlighten me, the Newcastle cluster are they all vaxed people? If they are, wasn’t the vaccine supposed to reduce transmission - it obviously hasn’t done its job well because it has spread like wildfire

There is no doubt whatsoever that the vaccines help stop the spread of the virus. To suggest otherwise is nonsense.

We have been open for a couple of months thanks to each and every person that chose to get dosed and sadly some half the nation spent the previous 3 months plus in lockdown due to federal government failures in procurement and then rollout.

Whilst I think it is stupid to have crowded indoor venues where people spend hours mingling open at this stage, what really pisses me off are people that wear a mask on their bloody chin or sitting below their nose on public transport and the like. Particularly males.

Hang on, it’s obviously not doing a very good job

Might as well not get vaxed, practice good hygiene and wear a mask indoors. The Newcastle incident proves the vaccine is not bulletproof by a long shot. Case numbers in NSW today prove another lockdown is coming. Please mentally prepare

No way. ELECTION COMING UP. tHEY DO NOT WORK ANYWAY.

I also read today that the South African health advice as of a couple of days ago suggests that Omicron is only mild and the advisor critised the UK for locking down hard...
Not sure how hard the lockdowns are in UK..

@truetiger said in [Coronavirus Outbreak](/post/1516825) said:
One thing I have heard on different sites in regard to the VAXXED and UNVAXXED...

Some vaxxed people say the unvaxxed should get Covid get real sick or die....
Some unvaxxed hope that the vaxxed dont get bad side effects and wish them well....
they are not the same people...

Its funny how this pandemic has changed many peoples lives in one way or another...financially,health,family and friends....
I honestly hope that humanity doesnt split into a segregated community of the vaxxed and unvaxxed...
that really isnt how we human beings should act...

Supposed it depends on what you read. Some anti-vaxx people have suggested segregation and locking away of vaccinated people as the jab results in them shedding COVID and infecting the unvaxxed.

No scientific basis, but since when should evidence get in the way of a narrative.

The other driver of division is the "personalisation" of social media and search engines. i.e. when you start to view more of one view/side/media outlet than another, you will be fed information that aligns with what you have shown a greater interest in.

Makes it harder to do your own research and get a balanced view.

@earl said in [Coronavirus Outbreak](/post/1516802) said:
Sorry guys but please enlighten me, the Newcastle cluster are they all vaxed people? If they are, wasn’t the vaccine supposed to reduce transmission - it obviously hasn’t done its job well because it has spread like wildfire

I'd go so far to say it will definitely reduce transmission. That doesn't mean it will stop it.

You have to stop looking at COVID and the vaccine through this lens that the vaccine stops it completely and saves everyone's life. It doesn't do that.

So far it is been hugely beneficial though. We've done really well with Delta and it's basically because of our high vaccination rates. Without that high vaccination rates it would have been an unmitigated disaster.

As well as reducing transmission, vaccination greatly reduces the severity of the virus if it is contracted, and there is a pretty good chance that if it doesn't die out soon that we will all contract it at some stage.

Some of us may get it at some stage and not even know that we had it, which is most likely to occur in people who are fully vaccinated.

Yeah sure, case numbers are up but this is not being reflected in the number of hospital cases and especially in the all important ICU case numbers.

It makes sense that if this latest variant of the virus is extremely contagious and as we continue to open up more that the case numbers will rise.

It is also logical that many of those that contract the virus will be fully vaccinated simply due to sheer numbers involved because the fully vaccinated out number those that are not vaccinated by well over 9 to 1.

@jd-tiger said in [Coronavirus Outbreak](/post/1516829) said:
One thing I have heard on different sites in regard to the VAXXED and UNVAXXED...

Some unvaxxed hope that the vaxxed dont get bad side effects and wish them well....

And some vaxxed people say the unvaxxed should hopefully have no issues whatsoever and wish them well.

And some unvaxxed people proclaim that the vaxxed will get diseases like aids.

I don't see how one could draw conclusions from such a small carefully selected sample.

Yeah.... A lot of people vaxxed or not say a lot of things

Ridiculous point

I know an unvaxxed person who says nasty stuff all the time.

His name is... @Eyeofthetiger-0

@harvey said in [Coronavirus Outbreak](/post/1516847) said:

Its funny how this pandemic has changed many peoples lives in one way or another...financially,health,family and friends....
I honestly hope that humanity doesnt split into a segregated community of the vaxxed and unvaxxed...
that really isnt how we human beings should act...

Supposed it depends on what you read. Some anti-vaxx people have suggested segregation and locking away of vaccinated people as the jab results in them shedding COVID and infecting the unvaxxed.

No scientific basis, but since when should evidence get in the way of a narrative.

The other driver of division is the "personalisation" of social media and search engines. i.e. when you start to view more of one view/side/media outlet than another, you will be fed information that aligns with what you have shown a greater interest in.

Makes it harder to do your own research and get a balanced view.

You mean they track you when you use those alternative
search engines as well??

@demps said in [Coronavirus Outbreak](/post/1516863) said:

Snitching now are we @demps. See you back on discord lol

@eyeofthetiger-0 said in [Coronavirus Outbreak](/post/1516865) said:
@demps said in [Coronavirus Outbreak](/post/1516863) said:

Snitching now are we @demps. See you back on discord lol

?

@truetiger said in [Coronavirus Outbreak](/post/1516816) said:
@earl said in [Coronavirus Outbreak](/post/1516814) said:
@truetiger said in [Coronavirus Outbreak](/post/1516811) said:
Earl,you mentioned to me on here a few days ago that the PCR tests are the gold standard for testing for Covid 19…
According to Americas Frontline Doctors…their official website…the CDC has withdrawn support for PCR tests…
The CDC reports that there are a large number of false positives …
the CDC gives an example in the U,K, where they test 1 million people a day,they are getting 5% false tests which equates to 50,000 in 1 million tests are false…
the CDC consulted with F.D.A. to cease the EUA …and will cease the use on 31st Dec 2021…
source American Frontline Doctors…ref…CDC official website…

Give us the link but I debunked this the other day. It was really simple. It was an update to the test to test for Flu as well as COVID. My daughter was tested for COVID months ago and came back positive for another respiratory disease.

Just go to duckduckgo search engine ...search American Frontline Doctors...its all on the website...

This information was put on their website 13th Dec 2021..

“After December 31, 2021, CDC will withdraw the request to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) of the CDC 2019-Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) Real-Time RT-PCR Diagnostic Panel, the assay first introduced in February 2020 **for detection of SARS-CoV-2 only.**”

CDC encourages laboratories to consider adoption of a multiplexed method that can facilitate detection and **differentiation of SARS-CoV-2 and influenza viruses**

Mate - it doesn't take much to see what this is doing. This piece of misinformation that shouldn't fool anyone was on this thread earlier. The thing that gets me with all these conspiracy theories is that they are so easily de-bunked.

As a side topic my wife went to get her booster shot today and was knocked back because she tried to get it prior to the 5 month limit. I thought it'd be interesting to note that my wife is catholic.

@formerguest said in [Coronavirus Outbreak](/post/1516832) said:
With the huge increase in cases in recent days here in NSW, for mine it is too risky to go ahead with the proposed opening up to the unvaccinated tomorrow.

Sorry if my opinion isn’t to the liking of others, but a delay of 7 days to re-evaluate makes sense to me.

I'd delay it for at least a month. I think it's stupid to relax restrictions now. If anything I'd be pushing boosters and mask wearing much more and not going the other way.

I personally think the current approach is incompetent at this point.

This is nonsense. Florida has 60k deaths with a smaller population and easily as good health care. We've had nothing like that. The vaccine plus restrictions have saved tens of thousands of lives in Australia.

Might as well not get vaxed, practice good hygiene and wear a mask indoors. The Newcastle incident proves the vaccine is not bulletproof by a long shot. Case numbers in NSW today prove another lockdown is coming. Please mentally prepare

The problem is you are coming at this from a nonsensical position. If anyone dies or catches COVID the vaccine doesn't work. Are tens of thousands lives being saved acceptable to you or should those people have died.

The reality is we would have tens of thousands dead without the vaccine.

I agree to mentally prepare but not towards lockdowns. I would get vaccinated and have a booster shot.

I don't know why we can't go into a softly softly approach which to me would just mean masks indoors and getting vaccinated. Don't let unvaccinated out.

We can take much better actions than what we are doing now. It doesn't have to be lockdowns either.

@truetiger said in [Coronavirus Outbreak](/post/1516845) said:
@colinbh said in [Coronavirus Outbreak](/post/1516843) said:
@formerguest said in [Coronavirus Outbreak](/post/1516809) said:

There is no doubt whatsoever that the vaccines help stop the spread of the virus. To suggest otherwise is nonsense.

We have been open for a couple of months thanks to each and every person that chose to get dosed and sadly some half the nation spent the previous 3 months plus in lockdown due to federal government failures in procurement and then rollout.

Whilst I think it is stupid to have crowded indoor venues where people spend hours mingling open at this stage, what really pisses me off are people that wear a mask on their bloody chin or sitting below their nose on public transport and the like. Particularly males.

No way. ELECTION COMING UP. tHEY DO NOT WORK ANYWAY.

I also read today that the South African health advice as of a couple of days ago suggests that Omicron is only mild and the advisor critised the UK for locking down hard...
Not sure how hard the lockdowns are in UK..

The lockdowns in the UK aren't like here. So far Omicron appears mild. You hope that it's the same here.

**that really isnt how we human beings should act...**

Don't know about that Zig, seems pretty on brand for humans to me...

@hank37w said in [Coronavirus Outbreak](/post/1516853) said:

I'd go so far to say it will definitely reduce transmission. That doesn't mean it will stop it.

You have to stop looking at COVID and the vaccine through this lens that the vaccine stops it completely and saves everyone's life. It doesn't do that.

So far it is been hugely beneficial though. We've done really well with Delta and it's basically because of our high vaccination rates. Without that high vaccination rates it would have been an unmitigated disaster.

As well as reducing transmission, vaccination greatly reduces the severity of the virus if it is contracted, and there is a pretty good chance that if it doesn't die out soon that we will all contract it at some stage.

Some of us may get it at some stage and not even know that we had it, which is most likely to occur in people who are fully vaccinated.

Yeah sure, case numbers are up but this is not being reflected in the number of hospital cases and especially in the all important ICU case numbers.

It makes sense that if this latest variant of the virus is extremely contagious and as we continue to open up more that the case numbers will rise.

It is also logical that many of those that contract the virus will be fully vaccinated simply due to sheer numbers involved because the fully vaccinated out number those that are not vaccinated by well over 9 to 1.

My opinion is case numbers are going to go ballistic. The question is will that lead to increased hospitalization and ICU numbers.

In South Africa the virus appears mild with most people in hospital with COVID as incidental cases - i.e. they are in hospital with something else.

@harvey said in [Coronavirus Outbreak](/post/1516847) said:

The narratives coming from the anti-vaxx side are consistently ridiculous. Look at the one about the PCR test being discontinued as if there is something wrong with it. They have so many narratives which we should really call fantasy stories.

Someone else mentioned the algorithms in social media today. It's nothing less than brainwashing those that are prone to it.

@earl said in [Coronavirus Outbreak](/post/1516881) said:

My opinion is case numbers are going to go ballistic. The question is will that lead to increased hospitalization and ICU numbers.

In South Africa the virus appears mild with most people in hospital with COVID as incidental cases - i.e. they are in hospital with something else.

I read today that the number of cases in ICU in NSW at the moment is at its lowest point since July. Vaccination is doing its job in reducing hospitalisation. If this stays the same then we don’t need more lockdowns. The big question is whether or not it will stay the same once omicron takes hold and unvaccinated people are free. It’s too early to tell.

With many people becoming eligible for 3rd dose and increased herd immunity when 5-12s start getting vaccinated from Jan 10 we should be in a good position from around Feb onwards. The concern is what happens between now and then. IMO ATAGI should consider allowing 3rd doses earlier than the current 5 month rule… I’m scheduled for a holiday in early Jan which I’ve already postponed twice. I’ll be annoyed if another lockdown stops the holiday from going ahead.

Basic Mathematics.

@nrlsurvivor said in [Coronavirus Outbreak](/post/1516884) said:
@earl said in [Coronavirus Outbreak](/post/1516881) said:

I read today that the number of cases in ICU in NSW at the moment is at its lowest point since July. Vaccination is doing its job in reducing hospitalisation. If this stays the same then we don’t need more lockdowns. The big question is whether or not it will stay the same once omicron takes hold and unvaccinated people are free. It’s too early to tell.

With many people becoming eligible for 3rd dose and increased herd immunity when 5-12s start getting vaccinated from Jan 10 we should be in a good position from around Feb onwards. The concern is what happens between now and then. IMO ATAGI should consider allowing 3rd doses earlier than the current 5 month rule… I’m scheduled for a holiday in early Jan which I’ve already postponed twice. I’ll be annoyed if another lockdown stops the holiday from going ahead.

Tough times my friend. Your fellow vaxed collegues are spreading it at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back