Curtis Rona

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
Well it is easy for you then GNR, take notice of the other posters and ignore SG.

I myself will take all of them in and keep my fingers crossed.

I was on board with him when he came back till he got the Big 4 totally wrong then said he thought Cleary had pulled the offer to McQueen only for the club to announce his signature an hour later. He's got some stuff right, but his track record isn't any better than some others, and hardly warrents people calling for him in threads for info. Each to their own though, i'm just giving my opinion. If others want to believe him, that's their choice.

Thing is Gunners, most of the people asking SG for his scoops are newbies, they see posts that are often close to the money from people like SG, Baze, white, THE POM etc.

There's been a huge increase in forum traffic since JT got dumped, lots of people scratching around for gossip and rumours, and these are the names they know. And because the inside info has been pretty good this time around, those new people identify the users that seem to get the information early.

If you get what I mean, nobody told the newbies that SG was always on the money, they've developed an opinion on him themselves.

My memory says SG and other scoopers have had imperfect runs with predictions in the past, but also there's been far less contract movement in previous years, less to "scoop" on.

So I would say don't get offside with people who post gossip, even if they get a little immodest about it. Some folks on here only come for the gossip, it's one of those things you can just ignore if you don't like, right?

My first scoop was Adam Blair signing 2 months before it was announced or even mentioned. Go back a long way. Anyways I'll keep posting news until the recruitment drive ends then sail off into the sunset again.

I hope the recruitment drive doesn't stop.
So keep on posting.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
Tbh i really don't get the love for SG. There's other posters who have proven themselves to be much more reliable.

Well it is easy for you then GNR, take notice of the other posters and ignore SG.

I was on board with him when he came back till he got the Big 4 totally wrong then said he thought Cleary had pulled the offer to McQueen only for the club to announce his signature an hour later. He's got some stuff right, but his track record isn't any better than some others, and hardly warrents people calling for him in threads for info. Each to their own though, i'm just giving my opinion. If others want to believe him, that's their choice.

So smoking guns last 3 tips
Packer - correct
Mautlino - correct
Lolohea -correct

Its okay mate, just let it go. Did he step on your cat or something lol

This thread has stayed on topic….

@ said:
@ said:
My first scoop was Adam Blair signing 2 months before it was announced or even mentioned. Go back a long way. Anyways I'll keep posting news until the recruitment drive ends then sail off into the sunset again.

You'll get no heat from, post whatever you like, I don't keep score.

Love the info you provide and it gives us something to discuss whether it happens or not. Ignore the haters. As that song goes

Haters gonna hate hate hate

You will never please them so ignore them.

Oh yeah curtus rona we need you. He came down to my sons team for training when he was at the dogs. He is sooo tall, like a basketball player. We need him bad.

if we don't sign Rona we'll have the shortest winger quartet in history with Thompson & Fonua joining Nofo n Kevvie.. bring back Utai

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
Tbh i really don't get the love for SG. There's other posters who have proven themselves to be much more reliable.

Probably not a good time to have a go at him Axel as his strike rate since returning is pretty good and more widespread than others that have also provided some good oil.

Thought he got a fair bit of the turncoats stuff right despite posting incorrect intentions to stay from within WT at one point, whilst others had contacts at the respective signing clubs. He did though mention something about McQueen when the announcement was a while coming.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

Probably not a good time to have a go at him Axel as his strike rate since returning is pretty good and more widespread than others that have also provided some good oil.

Thought he got a fair bit of the turncoats stuff right despite posting incorrect intentions to stay from within WT at one point, whilst others had contacts at the respective signing clubs. He did though mention something about McQueen when the announcement was a while coming.

I remember the McQueen statement, he never said Cleary pulled the offer.

He was questioned about the McQueen signing and he said he didn't know what the hold up was and he said "maybe Cleary pulled the offer".

I love SG's posts, brings excitement to this forum just like Tiger Torch did. Keep it up mate!

Best juice on this forum comes from Baze and White…

White called the Bulldogs board conflict around 10 days prior to Raelene resigning. Very good scoop.

Baze is always close to the mark.

The POM not far behind...

@ said:

White called the Bulldogs board conflict around 10 days prior to Raelene resigning. Very good scoop.

Agree on all 3\. And all are far more modest about the info they share. Not saying SG gets nothing right, because he has, i acknowledge that. But he provides info in a way that makes it about himself and who he knows, as opposed to others who provide info much more subtly.

This might be a little off-topic but, I think Curtis Rona would be a great addition to next years team. If we don't sign him, we are going to have to keep looking. I don't see a Fonua/Noffo wing partnership being effective enough.

@ said:
This might be a little off-topic but, I think Curtis Rona would be a great addition to next years team. If we don't sign him, we are going to have to keep looking. I don't see a Fonua/Noffo wing partnership being effective enough.

:laughing:
wonder what happened to the interest in Ottio from the Raiders…

Stick to the topic please people and leave Smoking Gun be please.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

Hey SG, if you're out there do you have any further info to share?

Remember when you told me Tui was absolutely no chance of coming here because the Warriors would never release him…

You don't appreciate SG postings …. then don't bloody read them.
Time to pull your head in!

Hey smoking gun, don't listen to the doubters on here, there are more peeps on here loving the inside info then nay Sayers. We do appreciate the inside workings of our club.

Ps. Would love it if rona signed.

@ said:
@ said:

Agree on all 3\. And all are far more modest about the info they share. Not saying SG gets nothing right, because he has, i acknowledge that. But he provides info in a way that makes it about himself and who he knows, as opposed to others who provide info much more subtly.

So now its how he posts his information lol. You need to grow up.

Latest posts

Members online

Back