Fitzy @ Fullback

@prattenpark said:
Not his greatest fan, but to say he was shocking is just not true. give credit where it is due.
He took some difficult kicks under pressure - something we haven't seem to be able to do in the last 2 weeks (all season in fact) - do you not recall Marshall's attempt last week, or the 74th minute at Campbelltown when Ryan dropped a bomb that lost us the game?
Yes, he missed rogers - so did three others.
Yes, he dropped the ball a few times. so did plenty of others - did you not notice that it was bucketing down most of the night.
I'm sure Sheens only put him there as he did not want Daniella and Fitzy trying to defend the right hand side. but he did OK at fullback. Made metres out of dummy half, even tried to chime into the attack off Marshall (admittedly, dropped a pass off Marshall when in a hole).
He's not our solution, but i'm not gonna bag him for his game tonight.

here, here,,,,totally agree mate.
Sure there is a heap of better full backs that could do the job but fitsy pulled it off tonight so goood on him. :sign:

some of you guys remind me of a classic homer simpson moment

"wow, ned, im really impressed, i dont get impressed easy,…..wow look a blue car!"

come on guys he did what an average full back should do defensively and offensively he was utter garbage, if thats as good as it gets for fitzy then he really doesnt deserve a spot in this team

@prattenpark said:
Not his greatest fan, but to say he was shocking is just not true. give credit where it is due.
He took some difficult kicks under pressure - something we haven't seem to be able to do in the last 2 weeks (all season in fact) - do you not recall Marshall's attempt last week, or the 74th minute at Campbelltown when Ryan dropped a bomb that lost us the game?
Yes, he missed rogers - so did three others.
Yes, he dropped the ball a few times. so did plenty of others - did you not notice that it was bucketing down most of the night.
I'm sure Sheens only put him there as he did not want Daniella and Fitzy trying to defend the right hand side. but he did OK at fullback. Made metres out of dummy half, even tried to chime into the attack off Marshall (admittedly, dropped a pass off Marshall when in a hole).
He's not our solution, but i'm not gonna bag him for his game tonight.

Sums it up perfect for mine….Well said....

Shocking maybe a bit harsh. But he was still very ordinary in my opinion. The bad thing about this is Sheens will now think it was a masterstroke and keep him there all season. Serously, its a farce. We are going absolutely no where in this competition with a guy like fithenry playing a key position.

best game he had for us this year. Definately not a long term solution.
Can't fault him on his game too much (not that he offered too much either)

but a good 3 star effort from fitzhenry

Under the conditions he did ok. There were some poor errors in the first half but he took a couple of good bombs and don't underestimate his dummyhalf running tonight, both he and Ryan were very good in this regard and took a lot of pressure of the Tigers forwards. He's certainly not an ideal fullback or winger, and I agree that there are better options, but Fitzy did his job tonight.

@ron burgandy said:
some of you guys remind me of a classic homer simpson moment

"wow, ned, im really impressed, i dont get impressed easy,…..wow look a blue car!"

come on guys he did what an average full back should do defensively and offensively he was utter garbage, if thats as good as it gets for fitzy then he really doesnt deserve a spot in this team

Ron, the reason we are all giving Fitzhenry his due credit is because how badly others rubbish him on here. Over-rubbish him. As an overall view of his games you are largely correct but not tonight.

And wake up a full back is a defensive position.

Anyone that insists that Fitzy had a bad game tonight is a dead-set idiot and should be treated as such.

Fair suck of the sav, some of you are missing the point. 99% of sane people agree he shouldn't be in FG but are just acknowledging the fact he had a decent game compared to what he usually dishes up.

Anyone who believes that Fitzhenry had a poor game tonight does not have the ability to put their biases aside when posting comments.

@Annibelle said:
Fair suck of the sav, some of you are missing the point. 99% of sane people agree he shouldn't be in FG but are just acknowledging the fact he had a decent game compared to what he usually dishes up.

:laughing: your on Fire,,,,

Exactly..

Well done Fitzy…..

@Annibelle said:

Did he make you smile Annibelle ? :sunglasses:

He was alright in the second half, but to say he was anythig other then diabolical in the first half is ridiculous

@Staks said:
@Annibelle said:

Did he make you smile Annibelle ? :sunglasses:

Don't get carried away Staks, Fitzy makes my heart stop usually & not in a good way. I reserve my smiles for the big forwards. :stuck_out_tongue:

Some of those thighs running around each weekend make an old girl very happy.

Tonights game should silence his knockers!…even his harshest critic would say that undeniably he played well tonight!!!
FITZY is BACK!!!!! :wahoo:

Guys believe it or not but Fitzy played fullback beacuse he is better than Beau under the high ball. With the torrential rain, Sheens knew that the Knights would go to the air lots and Beau has been found wanting in that area (Roosters).

On a dry track you will see the positions reversed.

Question is…id Tuiaki plays, who gets dropped? You probably won't like the answer :unamused:

Another fantastic game from Fitzy. If you subtract the three tries he saves for WT tonight, The Knights win.
Copped plenty of head high tackles from the opposing big forwards all night, yet got straight up, dusted himself off and played the ball.
His experience at the back won WT the match.

Back