For the sake of the club, it has to end...

A commentator, it could have been Fittler or Slater, made the observation the Sharks seem a happy side. Do you believe our dressing shed has been and is a happy place to be?

Do you really believe players give a rats about Pascoe when signing? Would you believe they would make enquiries about matters/people that directly impact them?
They give a rats about working for a well run, successful organisation that has a good reputation and high standards. Pascoe has run the club into the ground, it’s a laughing stock. He can’t even spend the money he has supposedly stockpiled because nobody elite wants to play at his club. The media bash us because we’re an embarrassment that is failing in every metric.

A commentator, it could have been Fittler or Slater, made the observation the Sharks seem a happy side. Do you believe our dressing shed has been and is a happy place to be?
In spite of comments by Madge I don't believe it's a happy dressing shed. Including last year we've lost eight on the trot. I can't believe the team would be a happy one.

The other view I can't understand is the one that says we shouldn't pay overs. Of course we should and we must if we want to recruit quality. Quality players will only considera club like WT if it's financially worth their while. Once we are back on track we stop paying overs.
Nah we should definitely keep filling our squad with unproven guys like Madden, Tupou and Rua. All the good sides are doing it 😂😂😂😂😂

The other view I can't understand is the one that says we shouldn't pay overs. Of course we should and we must if we want to recruit quality. Quality players will only considera club like WT if it's financially worth their while. Once we are back on track we stop paying overs.
their too scarred from the mbye reynolds packer years so now they can't tell the difference between overpaying GOOD players vs overpaying 'about to retire folk'.... solution? Lowball everyone! That way we can't get it wrong right? Imagine the thoughts of worthy players and their managers when they find the tigers are tryna lowball them haha..

We were on the way up when Cleary was here just outside the 8 and he shafted us.

Not much the board could do about it.

They appointed the best coach that I thought was available at the time and delegated and since appointed Sheens another good appointment in my view.

It will be on them now.

their too scarred from the mbye reynolds packer years so now they can't tell the difference between overpaying GOOD players vs overpaying 'about to retire folk'.... solution? Lowball everyone! That way we can't get it wrong right? Imagine the thoughts of worthy players and their managers when they find the tigers are tryna lowball them haha..
I think we're happy to pay overs as we offered huge deals to Mitchell and JAC. Most players are smart enough to stay away though.

They are professional sportspeople paid well by the club to play. Whether they are happy or grumpy it is their responsibility to turn up and do their job to the best of their ability at a standard that their salary demands. The coach might be out the door but let's not pretend the players are giving the club good value for their investment. The coach doesn't pay them the club does and they represent the club.

As the Buddha said, don't try to change the Tigers, change your mindset. If you learn to love long-term rubbish, you will find fulfillment in this club. The unattainable desire for some wins and making the 8 is the root of suffering, remove this selfish desire and embrace the true beauty of this club. Ya feel me?

The on-field rep of the club. Yesterday, I can tell you the team looked lethargic in the warm up and it was obvious they weren't up for the game. This was noted by Sharks' supporters I was with at the time who expressed sympathy for our plight. You know what their answer was to address the issue?
If anything changing the voice of the leader will change the enthusiasm of the players. But you cannot tell me with all certainty that this Top 30 squad has the talent to compete with any of the other 15 teams.
The players will play free’er and may enjoy that in the short term but as the losses continue to roll in they will quite quickly dip in enthusiasm and subsequently make no improvement.

What needs to happen and it sounds ridiculous in effect but to privately make a decision not to try to make the finals this year. Declare the season a right off and start preparing for next year.
Giving ourselves half a season more than the rest of the competition to prepare is the only way we will build forwards.
If that means changing the coach now is the start of that then so be it, but in order for this to work the vision needs to be solid and the next coach that supports that vision needs to be appointed immediately, the players need to be perfecting processes not chasing wins and loses.
But don’t be fooled, we don’t have a pot of gold sitting under the surface of the first grade team just busting for a chance.
This isn’t a Cronulla team with ridiculously talented individuals just needed a couple of cogs to click to pull them all in line.

They are professional sportspeople paid well by the club to play. Whether they are happy or grumpy it is their responsibility to turn up and do their job to the best of their ability at a standard that their salary demands. The coach might be out the door but let's not pretend the players are giving the club good value for their investment. The coach doesn't pay them the club does and they represent the club.
I don't disagree on player responsibility.

As the Buddha said, don't try to change the Tigers, change your mindset. If you learn to love long-term rubbish, you will find fulfillment in this club. The unattainable desire for some wins and making the 8 is the root of suffering, remove this selfish desire and embrace the true beauty of this club. Ya feel me?
So many fans are with you. Even today there are so some talking about membership numbers. I mean who gives a flying [This word has been automatically removed].

If anything changing the voice of the leader will change the enthusiasm of the players. But you cannot tell me with all certainty that this Top 30 squad has the talent to compete with any of the other 15 teams.
The players will play free’er and may enjoy that in the short term but as the losses continue to roll in they will quite quickly dip in enthusiasm and subsequently make no improvement.

What needs to happen and it sounds ridiculous in effect but to privately make a decision not to try to make the finals this year. Declare the season a right off and start preparing for next year.
Giving ourselves half a season more than the rest of the competition to prepare is the only way we will build forwards.
If that means changing the coach now is the start of that then so be it, but in order for this to work the vision needs to be solid and the next coach that supports that vision needs to be appointed immediately, the players need to be perfecting processes not chasing wins and loses.
But don’t be fooled, we don’t have a pot of gold sitting under the surface of the first grade team just busting for a chance.
This isn’t a Cronulla team with ridiculously talented individuals just needed a couple of cogs to click to pull them all in line.
Yes good post. I wrote ages ago I'm not expecting to win games but I do expect to see incremental improvement in the team.

Reactions: BZN
Doesn't the club have over $1 million left to buy new players. They can't spend it because no class player wants to play for Wests Tigers. This is a very dangerous situation. How does the club overcome it?
He promised us he would make WT a ‘destination club’. Fail.

🤔 The players & the coach keep saying in interviews that they’re constantly busting their backsides at training but it’s not translating on to the field on game day
Maybe it’s time for an interpreter/translator 💡 🤣
Madge would be smashing them week in week out he is renowned for this and also playing injured players. Over training imo has been a part of our problem

Your cover is blown Pascoe. Go work on a yoga retreat please and take your zen with you.

So many fans are with you. Even today there are so some talking about membership numbers. I mean who gives a flying ****.
I take great solace in knowing there are 8000 other people and 12000 pets also doing it tough (and wasting some money).

Back