James Tedesco Signs with Roosters [Official]

Jabbles

Long time reader of the forum love everyone's thoughts and opinions. Just wanted to see if there has been any news around Tedesco's contract.
I'm a little concerned we haven't heard much from the club, I understand he has next year but would love to have him locked up early.

You'll have to wait and see…..
We're all in the same boat, unsure of the future.

Welcome to the forum though,
are you in the U30s club or one foot in the grave club?

The hard reality of losing Farah will be most of the money will go on Teddy. We will end up no hooker, short a second rower and strike centre… But with what we already have

Wests Tigers ready to offer James Tedesco a huge contract to keep him until the end of 2021

by CHRISTIAN NICOLUSSI
Source: The Daily Telegraph

WESTS Tigers officials have already hatched a plan to ward off rivals and lock up superstar fullback James Tedesco until the end of 2021.

Tedesco is poised to become the NRL’s next $1 million-a-season man as he continues to press for a State of Origin debut.

The 23-year-old has been one of the shining lights in a rollercoaster year for the Tigers after almost conjuring the miraculous comeback against the white-hot Storm on the weekend.

Tigers boss Justin Pascoe said his club had already informed Tedesco they would open fresh contract talks at season’s end — and they would love to make the local junior a Tiger for Life.

On contract until the end of 2017, Tedesco will have no shortage of clubs queuing up to lure him away from the joint venture.

The new collective bargaining agreement will come into play from 2018, meaning Tedesco’s earnings will surge past the million-dollar mark as the salary cap balloons from $7.1 million in place next year.

Luke Brooks, Mitchell Moses and skipper Aaron Woods are all off contract at the end of next year, but the latter has an option in his favour for 2018\. But Tedesco is the Tigers’ top signing priority.

“He represents all the values we hold dearly as an organisation, and he represents the future of this organisation,’’ Pascoe told The Daily Telegraph. “I’m happy we’ve got an agreement with Teddy when that (contract negotiation) will start.

“We’ll see out the season first, give him the full chance to concentrate on the final 10 games and hopefully a run into the finals, then sit down with him in the off-season.

“You assume with all the good players there’s a lot of interest from rival clubs, but James is aware of what we’re building here and understands the vision of what we’re trying to create as an organisation, and he’s certainly bought into it.

“He plays with his best mates. We’re certainly planning that Teddy becomes a big part of this future for the long term.’’

Asked if he hoped Tedesco would be a Tiger for Life, Pascoe said: “Very much so.

“We’ll aim to tie him up long term. We’d love to have something locked up as soon as possible. We’ll have a discussion with him and his family and his management. We’d be looking at another three to four years, minimum.’’

Tedesco was almost lost to the Tigers at the end of 2014, signing a three-year $1.8 million deal with Canberra, only to backflip and settle for nearly $500,000 less. Good mate Robbie Farah had a big part in convincing Tedesco to remain with the Tigers.

As for playing game three for NSW, Tedesco has no shortage of supporters, including Pascoe.

Pascoe, who has plenty of respect for Blues’ No. 1 Matt Moylan whom he got to know while working at Penrith, stopped short of saying Tedesco deserved to replace Moylan, but deserved a spot somewhere in coach Laurie Daley’s NSW team.

Tedesco and Moylan will go head to head when the Tigers’ host Penrith at Campbelltown Sports Stadium on Saturday afternoon.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/teams/tigers/wests-tigers-ready-to-offer-james-tedesco-a-huge-contract-to-keep-him-until-the-end-of-2021/news-story/22505f117955527ebde74347cabe1701

I predict this thread hits 200 pages before he signs.

The only player on the roster you can hand a blank check to and tell him to write his own amount. He's worth every cent he earns.

Another contract in a players (Woods) favour. How stupid were the previous management of this club. No longer it took the new board about six weeks to show Mayer the door. Seriously his actions should be looked at by ASIC

Some of us still remember the Tede$co taunts

I bet James doesn't forget them either

@happy tiger said:

I wasn't one of them, I was stoked when he said I talked to Robbie and decided to stay, this young wests junior should be afforded the money they are talking about, and if possible the Weststiger for life that they also mentioned.
Come on Teddy sign on and lead us to another premiership, you will then be lifted above the legend status. :pray:

@851 said:
@happy tiger said:

I wasn't one of them, I was stoked when he said I talked to Robbie and decided to stay, this young wests junior should be afforded the money they are talking about, and if possible the Weststiger for life that they also mentioned.
Come on Teddy sign on and lead us to another premiership, you will then be lifted above the legend status. :pray:

It was like the Zulu movie , felt like 4 against a million :laughing:

I was always confident Teddy would remain a Tiger previously and my opinion hasn't changed now. With Centres of Excellent planned for Campbelltown and Concord, the Tigers have developed an excellent pathway moving forward which will make retaining and attracting players an easier process IMO.

@Cultured Bogan said:
2021? Wow… You'd think we'd have learned about locking up players for that long.

Teddy is a once in an era player… Good move

We did that with another future star in Lawrence and then he copped a near career ending injury. Bloody risky effort these days.

:nerd:

@tigerap said:
@Cultured Bogan said:
2021? Wow… You'd think we'd have learned about locking up players for that long.

Teddy is a once in an era player… Good move

People were saying things like that about Chris Lawrence in 2010.

@Cultured Bogan said:
We did that with another future star in Lawrence and then he copped a near career ending injury. Bloody risky effort these days.

You beat me to it.

I'm all for signing Tedesco, so long as we archive this thread for the whingers that will pop up should his form or fitness slide in a few years.

I thought it was too early to discuss this according to a few??

Bottom line we need to pull out all stops.

Wouldnt say i am 100% confident.

Would help if we make a charge for the finals.

Back