James Tedesco Signs with Roosters [Official]

@ said:
@ said:
Devastating if true. A very dark day for the Wests Tigers. Us fans should really petition to have the current board sacked.

Who will you petition, the board? What will this petition say? Perhaps it will say that we should have offered Teddy even more than 20% of our cap. If he goes, the club has this right and I'm already worried that if he stays, we are offering him so much of our cap - no player, even Tedesco is worth this kind of money.

20% of our cap. Tedesco is a great fullback, but he isn't a one man team. Hayne can win Grand finals by himself, so can GI. But Tedesco isn't as damaging as them. Good fullback, but breakable and not someone we should bet the house on.

It's dark that this contract BS has gone on for so long and has been so mishandled. It is not dark to see that this is over.

Funny this Fox article has Teddy going to the dogs & the roosters. I might call it a night.

Check this out: First Chooks casualty after Teddy deal
http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/first-casualty-after-james-tedesco-signs-with-roosters-media-watch/news-story/ee13b58e5df6c40d600dcf12320b86c8

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
Devastating if true. A very dark day for the Wests Tigers. Us fans should really petition to have the current board sacked.

Ahhhhh no. I've had enough of the media calling us a basket case. I don't need more of an excuse to brandish that saying

yeah thats the silliest thing…the board and CEO have actually been great for us recently.

if they dont want to sign when we're offering fair money and probably a solid amount from our veteran player allowance then that's not the boards fault who have nothing to do with player retention as far as i know

The CEO and the board should be commended.

Happy Tiger you clearly know the family or have some personal connection with Tedesco. Of course you have a different perspective on it. I don't. All I have is my passion for the club and sure, I feel vindictive. James is paid very, very handsomely for his efforts on the field. That is a product of the passion of the fans. That passion cuts both ways. He has to be a big boy and accept that people are going to be very upset at the decision. It won't go beyond a few nasty words written on the internet.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

Ahhhhh no. I've had enough of the media calling us a basket case. I don't need more of an excuse to brandish that saying

yeah thats the silliest thing…the board and CEO have actually been great for us recently.

if they dont want to sign when we're offering fair money and probably a solid amount from our veteran player allowance then that's not the boards fault who have nothing to do with player retention as far as i know

The CEO and the board should be commended.

Yes we made more than competitive offers for both. I look forward not to the player managers approaching WTs about placing their clients with the club.

https://www.facebook.com/SportTelegraph/videos/1483406378370819/

Guys have a watch of the video, he seems all confident when breaking the Woods and Foran news but not so much the Tedesco.

"I believe", being the key words, I think there is hope.

@ said:
Funny this Fox article has Teddy going to the dogs & the roosters. I might call it a night.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/first-casualty-after-james-tedesco-signs-with-roosters-media-watch/news-story/ee13b58e5df6c40d600dcf12320b86c8

Matthew johns is an idiot

@ said:
LOL at all our fans

Just like Tede$co

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLaScTPAb54

You know the family or have some personal connection to Tedesco. I don't. Clearly we have different perspectives on it for this reason. Your emotional connection is with him. All I have is my passion for the club and sure, I know my words are extremely vindictive. But James is paid very, very handsomely for his efforts on the field. That is a product of the passion of the fans. That passion cuts both ways. He has to be a big boy and accept that people are going to be very upset at the decision. It won't go beyond a few nasty words written on the internet.

@ said:
@ said:

Matthew johns is an idiot

For that and many other reasons, yes.

If Cronk actually does play on though and with a Sydney based club then we would be in the frame. Bulldogs are now sorted with Foran and won't have cap space. Panthers have no cap space . Eels now have Moses/Norman. Dragons have Hunt and Widdop (if he re-signs). Roosters Pearce/Keary and no cap space. Sharks with Maloney and cap pressure following a GF win. Bunnies with Walker/Reynolds.

Unfortunately timing is against us as he's not going to make any announcement about his future until after origin. He'll probably retire anwyay, but if not that may provide some faint hope…

@ said:
@ said:
LOL at all our fans

Just like Tede$co

You know the family or have some personal connection to Tedesco. I don't. Clearly we have different perspectives on it for this reason. Your emotional connection is with him. All I have is my passion for the club and sure, I know my words are extremely vindictive. But James is paid very, very handsomely for his efforts on the field. That is a product of the passion of the fans. That passion cuts both ways. He has to be a big boy and accept that people are going to be very upset at the decision. It won't go beyond a few nasty words written on the internet.

Again Timmy for about the 15th time today I don't care they have left

The issue is why these players are leaving

You blame the players because you don't know the half of it

I blame the club because of all the stuff I have heard

More money on the table , 2nd best player welfare scheme and players are still walking

They are sick of getting dragged into the turmoil week after week , year after year

Do you blame them

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
LOL at all our fans

Just like Tede$co

More money on the table , 2nd best player welfare scheme and players are still walking

They are sick of getting dragged into the turmoil week after week , year after year

Do you blame them

Well it didn't stop Nofo re-signing. Nor ET. Nor MCK. You could argue they're not as high profile as the others but they certainly don't seem to have any issues about the joint. It can't be that bad.

Teddy's backfliped on the dogs to go to the Roosters, that'll do me he's just a big of a flog as Woods and Moses . Seem's all these muppets had absolutely no intention of signing with us and even went to the extent of having long COP presumably to fall back on our offers if anything went sour.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
LOL at all our fans

Just like Tede$co

Do you blame them

Well it didn't stop Nofo re-signing. Nor ET. Nor MCK. You could argue they're not as high profile as the others but they certainly don't seem to have any issues about the joint. It can't be that bad.

Yep and those blokes can win games off their own backs can't they

As I said , do a poll and see how many players would stay at the club if they got the same offers from other clubs

This club is such a wonderful place just can't wait to see where it finishes after Rd 26 2017

@ said:
I reckon I could fill half a page with stuff that Tedesco has had to battle with the club to get back that was fairly his

Compensation with surgeries ,studies , unfulfilled promises of cars They compensation for his 1st knee surgery took months to get back

Just remember these blokes at this stage are on league minimums usually as well

I don't blame our best players wanting to leave , surely this garbage that our club rolls out continuously off and on the paddock can't happen at the better clubs and then you get to make the semis as well and don't have to put up with this constant media barrage

This season we have been on the front and back page of the papers for every week of almost every month in the season and pre season

Don't blame the players for leaving , blame the club , the players have meet their side of the bargain , the club doesn't meet its side

IE Brooks

"James we'd like to offer you a million dollars per year to play football with your mates."

"Yeah but what about the $9K you paid me late in 2011?"

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
LOL at all our fans

Just like Tede$co

Do you blame them

Happy, if you believe that these players are leaving the club because they don't like the club how likely would it be that these players will not give 100% for the rest of this season when playing for Wests Tigers. Only a few days ago you expressed strong doubts about Moses' game against Parramatta.

@ said:
@ said:
I reckon I could fill half a page with stuff that Tedesco has had to battle with the club to get back that was fairly his

Compensation with surgeries ,studies , unfulfilled promises of cars They compensation for his 1st knee surgery took months to get back

I don't blame our best players wanting to leave , surely this garbage that our club rolls out continuously off and on the paddock can't happen at the better clubs and then you get to make the semis as well and don't have to put up with this constant media barrage

This season we have been on the front and back page of the papers for every week of almost every month in the season and pre season

Don't blame the players for leaving , blame the club , the players have meet their side of the bargain , the club doesn't meet its side

IE Brooks

"James we'd like to offer you a million dollars per year to play football with your mates."

Yeah if only it was that simple , mate ever thought that being the face of a club like Woods and Tedesco are (most people would walk straight past Brooks and Moses in the street ) that has had 2 drug takers and a guy beating against their own team takes it's toll

The idea about life is trying to make it as simple as possibly across the board

What in God's name is simple about the WT's ??

By season's end everyone will understand what the other 15 clubs and their players think about us when we sign no one of note

(Don't worry some will think the signings are masterstrokes )

That 30.4% will drop before seasons end and will probably nosedive

But we can keep blaming players and coaches for that because the club is the absolute model for success , makes you wonder why Melbourne ,Brisbane ,Roosters and the like don't mimic our every move

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

IE Brooks

Yeah if only it was that simple , mate ever thought that being the face of a club like Woods and Tedesco are (most people would walk straight past Brooks and Moses in the street ) that has had 2 drug takers and a guy beating against their own team takes it's toll

The idea about life is trying to make it as simple as possibly across the board

What in God's name is simple about the WT's ??

By season's end everyone will understand what the other 15 clubs and their players think about us when we sign no one of note

(Don't worry some will think the signings are masterstrokes )

That 30.4% will drop before seasons end and will probably nosedive

But we can keep blaming players and coaches for that because the club is the absolute model for success , makes you wonder why Melbourne ,Brisbane ,Roosters and the like don't mimic our every move

I've finally figured it out - you're that Joe Wehbe bloke! No wonder you're so mad! Tough break about the job mate.

Latest posts

Back