OFFICIAL Jarome Luai - #295

And we're paying him 500K next season. The club let him go for next year. Not him. He was under contract til end of next year and club told him to go now. Club can't complain that in his spare time he is training alongside guys he will play with next year and also playing in a world cup soon
For accuracy's sake, we are paying closer to $200k out of next year's salary cap. Not $500k.
 
Maybe, though that some $300k of cap space could have been better spent elsewhere, upgrading Samuela or a myriad of other options. Either way, WT are still paying half a million dollars or so for nothing.
Samuela has agreed to around $700k and Latu around $500k. Most clubs are paying some percentage of wages for players they've moved on. We're in a relatively good spot cap-wise for 2027, front-loading some players to allow us to make a move for 2028 if needed.
 
Hasn't your schtick been that he's technically done everything right by us?

I mean I personally honestly couldn't give a shit if he's already at Parra training, but he's on contract until November 1st, so you should have an issue with that based on form.
He's not only done things technically right but morally right. Only issue I have with him is his bad form and the 'here for life' message that came back to bite him. The social media cartoon stuff is so minor it's not funny. Publicly he has spoken very well whether or not you think it was genuine or him being a politician. The team first message was backing Benji, not a go at someone simply for leaving the team. He's technically contracted to us still to November 1. He is not doing an official training session with Parra. He's training at their ground with Moses, Paulo and others playing in the world cup. Just as I saw on instagram of I think Makasini he was training with Turuva and Sam Fainu
 
Is it just me, or could you not stand Luai, then suddenly did a 180 and became his biggest defender?
I'm on the side of what's right. Occasionally can be wrong as no one can predict the future. I was a big fan of the signing of Luai back in late 2023. Probably 3/4 through 2025 I started to think with Latu coming through and other young halves long term he would not be a benefit to the team on the big money he is on. Not affected by who I like and who I don't when it comes to a game of footy. For example, can't stand Ponga but I can acknowledge he's an elite player
 
He's not only done things technically right but morally right. Only issue I have with him is his bad form and the 'here for life' message that came back to bite him. The social media cartoon stuff is so minor it's not funny. Publicly he has spoken very well whether or not you think it was genuine or him being a politician. The team first message was backing Benji, not a go at someone simply for leaving the team. He's technically contracted to us still to November 1. He is not doing an official training session with Parra. He's training at their ground with Moses, Paulo and others playing in the world cup. Just as I saw on instagram of I think Makasini he was training with Turuva and Sam Fainu

I didn't buy into the Galvin bullying shit either, I've said the kid was always going and that was just a way to paint him in a better light for bunking out the way that he did.

I don't care if he speaks well, I want his actions to match his words which they seldom did. He was here to save the club, be Batman, and then proceeded to play like a busted arsehole for two years. He was here for life and then signs with the new franchise the minute they were able to land him. Team first, but while still under contract to us he's off playing golf with the PNG PM and promoting businesses in PNG while still under contract, and this will increase exponentially next year when he's at Parramatta.

He's lived up to none of his talk. Yes, he didn't do anything wrong contractually with signing with PNG, and I'm glad he did sign with them to be honest and I'm glad he's signed with Parra next year too because it was clear he was going to be a $1.2m anchor for five years. But don't bullshit me and say he is beyond reproach because training with your new teammates, official or not, while under contract at another club is a shit look too, but Luai has only ever looked after Luai so it's no surprise. I'll bet if he got injured he'd be looking for the Tigers to foot the rehab bill because he's "under contract."
 

Latest posts

Back
Top