OFFICIAL Jarome Luai - #295

It was said that WT front loaded a bit of his 27 salary into 26. But then again who knows what is true or not in salary contract land.
It's been said but as you say who knows what's true.
Usually someone makes a comment along the lines of Tigers should... And then the happy clappers take it as gospel that is what has been done. It gets repeated enough that the forum accepts it as fact.
Even if it is accurate that most of his next year's salary has been front loaded into this year, it just means we can't front load any of the salaries of players staying into this year so either way the cap next year will feel the full cost of the 500K even if 300k of it has been paid already.
I'd expect that they are more likely to front load a departing player than one that is remaining so it wouldn't shock me at all if it is true. It just doesn't really leave the cap in any better position if it has been, than if it wasn't.
 
We still don't really know how much we are paying for him to be at the Parra-sites next season.

However much it actually is, it's most likely money well spent.
He should be fined, maybe we could get some of that money back , as he’s under contract till the end on November, I think
 
Samuela has agreed to around $700k and Latu around $500k. Most clubs are paying some percentage of wages for players they've moved on. We're in a relatively good spot cap-wise for 2027, front-loading some players to allow us to make a move for 2028 if needed.

I hope that is true, particularly the brothers Fainu extending.
 
I'm on the side of what's right. Occasionally can be wrong as no one can predict the future. I was a big fan of the signing of Luai back in late 2023. Probably 3/4 through 2025 I started to think with Latu coming through and other young halves long term he would not be a benefit to the team on the big money he is on. Not affected by who I like and who I don't when it comes to a game of footy. For example, can't stand Ponga but I can acknowledge he's an elite player
your a knob jockey calling people out then getting on your high horse and spouting your mouth off on your Luai sook over n over again- hypocrite
 
I didn't buy into the Galvin bullying shit either, I've said the kid was always going and that was just a way to paint him in a better light for bunking out the way that he did.

I don't care if he speaks well, I want his actions to match his words which they seldom did. He was here to save the club, be Batman, and then proceeded to play like a busted arsehole for two years. He was here for life and then signs with the new franchise the minute they were able to land him. Team first, but while still under contract to us he's off playing golf with the PNG PM and promoting businesses in PNG while still under contract, and this will increase exponentially next year when he's at Parramatta.

He's lived up to none of his talk. Yes, he didn't do anything wrong contractually with signing with PNG, and I'm glad he did sign with them to be honest and I'm glad he's signed with Parra next year too because it was clear he was going to be a $1.2m anchor for five years. But don't bullshit me and say he is beyond reproach because training with your new teammates, official or not, while under contract at another club is a shit look too, but Luai has only ever looked after Luai so it's no surprise. I'll bet if he got injured he'd be looking for the Tigers to foot the rehab bill because he's "under contract."
And that is the issue right there. Optics. Bad look but really not that much wrong with it. Comparing things that 'look' bad as opposed to things that are actually bad. His performances are bad. None of the Tigers are training still and he's not competing vs Tigers in the next month. If he got injured Tigers would legally have to take care of him. What he is doing at Parra's training ground is not illegal.
 

Latest posts

Staff online

Back
Top