Jarome Luai - Official

A successful snake who, I for one, wish had never left . I had a fully paid up ticket on the bus, wherever it was going !
But guess what guys and girls, this is all history now and has been rehashed a thousand times.
Maybe it’s best if we focus on the now, and hear future.

That's true,

But there was a significant business investment made by the club and there was a legal breach.

The rationale for the contract breach would unlikely stand up in the courts.

Should've been made to sit out the two years.

My partner just asked me a question, and we would like answers.

Here is the question.

If in this comp whilst he is playing for Penrith he gets a very serious injury, that might endanger the rest of his playing career,
What recourse might our club have. ????

Reactions: BZN
I cannot understand the problem with the club photo shopping Luai in a tiger's jersey to announce the signing.
What a crock a Sh#t as it's within the rules and if another club brought a player for 25 from us and did this I wouldn't have any concerns.
It's not like they are putting billboards up and using it in Ads for marketing.

It's time some people lighten up in this world.

Here is the question.

If in this comp whilst he is playing for Penrith he gets a very serious injury, that might endanger the rest of his playing career,
Would be eligible to apply for salary cap relief, if he is medically retired he would come off the books completely.

That's true,

But there was a significant business investment made by the club and there was a legal breach.

The rationale for the contract breach would unlikely stand up in the courts.

Should've been made to sit out the two years.
Times like that I wished we had an influential person involved with the Club who had some legal expertise. 🥴

Times like that I wished we had an influential person involved with the Club who had some legal expertise. 🥴

Marina Go was chair.

Don't think Lee was involved yet.

Remember her saying "we won't let Gus Gould to something or other our club".

But Ivan took the cake.

And we were left with the crumbs.

Oh and yeah the wooden spoons that made the cake lol.

Last edited:

Here is the question.

The Contract would be frustrated, which in effect means its null and void and cant be enforced. Either side of a Contract has to receive consideration...Luai recieves $1.2M pa as consideration and in return Tigers receive him training and performing at NRL standard. If either side cant provide their side of the Consideration under the Contract. it is not a breach of Contract but the Contract is frustrated and both sides are released from the Contract.

TLDR....If Laui receives a career ending injury before 1/11/2024 its no skin off our back other than we are short an elite level halfback. No cost , no hit to the cap.

Go easy ; I live at The Ponds. It isn’t that bad where we live .
I didn't imply anything about people who lived there. They're just rapidly and poorly planned areas that only serve to maximise developer greed that far outstrip the infrastructure that surrounds.

The Contract would be frustrated, which in effect means its null and void and cant be enforced. Either side of a Contract has to receive consideration...Luai recieves $1.2M pa as consideration and in return Tigers receive him training and performing at NRL standard. If either side cant provide their side of the Consideration under the Contract. it is not a breach of Contract but the Contract is frustrated and both sides are released from the Contract.

TLDR....If Laui receives a career ending injury before 1/11/2024 its no skin off our back other than we are short an elite level halfback. No cost , no hit to the cap.
What would stop Penrith enforcing the same thing if Luai tears an ACL Round 5 2024?

They made the offer, him walking was a choice he made all by himself, he's a big boy.
So what you're saying is that it was OK for them to make an offer to a contracted head coach but it was all on him because he took up that offer. I'm not saying Ivan was an innocent bystander. He was a conniving piece of dog shite that took the silver on offer. But Penrith really should have been hauled over the coals by the NRL for inducing him to leave.

Here is the question.

It would have to be null and void I reckon. He has to fulfil his side of the agreement too. I am not a lawyer but being a member of the tigers I get regular emails offering assistance from Brydens, maybe their head honcho could assist? 🤷‍♂️
They take out insurance on all these kind of things these days too I believe.

Back