Jarome Luai

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most have been asking for a dominant game controlling half with a strong kicking game.
That’s not Luau, he’s never demonstrated those qualities.
He’s purely a ball runner as was Brooks and we know how that turned out.

He actually has showed those qualities. It's just we don't see heaps of it because that's Cleary's big strength. Doesn't mean Luai doesn't have it in him because he does. I don't expect him to ever have the long kicking game that Cleary has, but he will have a solid long kick, very good short kick, and he will control the middle great provided the coaching group put in good systems.

Exactly. I'm more excited about how Luai played those times Cleary wasn't there. They were the occasions he proved he is more then just a role player. IMO Luai has stepped up more in big games then what Cleary has. Cleary was shocking in the Grand Final, worst player on the field until the final 20 minutes where he was the best. Both are very good players, far from great but very good.
We have the advantage in that we has an attitude of something to prove.

Heck, our side even loses after the bell.

Exactly what we need.

You don’t have to wear 7 to control the team. Lockyer, Daley, Lewis, plus countless others are testament to that.

Luai would not only make our team better, he would make us attractive and give fans reason to believe.
This would be an unbelievable signing.

I can tell you what luai has done without Cleary right now 1. Taken Samoa to a World Cup final 2. Maintained a 80% win rate without Cleary (win rate drops to 50% without luai) and I know this one doesn’t technically count but luai was NSW best player in origin game 2 this year as well as out performing Cleary in game 1 this year and games 1 and 3 last year
Thats your opinion

Reactions: BZN
Luai isn’t just a running half. Actually at the panthers he runs less than Cleary, his efficiency rate at the panthers is more effective than Cleary as well with ball in hand - based on ball handling, line break & try assists, offloads output etc. 2 seasons back he had multiple seasons of 14+ line drops a season. I’m not at all saying he is better than Cleary but he isn’t just a ball runner. He owns his side of the park, formations, calls etc and picks when he roves.

Luai has far more to his game than just running.
But he also knows his role well. Watch him for Samoa. His running game didn’t win Samoa games, he was leading the team all around the park & he really played a different style to that of which he plays at the Panthers.

I actually think his style potential game play for us will be very similar to Prince with Fainu/Galvin/Bud having the ability to just be themselves for their early years which if they hit potential will create nightmares at times for teams.

It’s early days and Luai needs to actually sign but he hands down makes us better by a longshot.
Well they will have to be themselves for 5 years

Reactions: BZN
My only concern was the value of Luai’s contract, but then I remembered Mbye. Even at $1.2M the performance to dollar ratio is much better than the $900K we were paying Mbye.

My only concern was the value of Luai’s contract, but then I remembered Mbye. Even at $1.2M the performance to dollar ratio is much better than the $900K we were paying Mbye.
If the savior sorry i mean Luai signs with us for 5 years and does his shoulder a la Douie next season are we up for anything money wise.

Exactly. I'm more excited about how Luai played those times Cleary wasn't there. They were the occasions he proved he is more then just a role player. IMO Luai has stepped up more in big games then what Cleary has. Cleary was shocking in the Grand Final, worst player on the field until the final 20 minutes where he was the best. Both are very good players, far from great but very good.
You could also say the Panthers improved immensely once Cogger replaced Luai in the 2023 GF and that’s fact, not opinion.

Seems like an A grade tosser, but, if he signs he’s our A grade tosser and I’m behind him 100%..
Right now he is a complete tosser.
2 weeks time, he maybe just misunderstood.
Seriously, kind of reminds me of Darren Senter. He also got under other players and fans skin. Something about their will to win

This 10 day shite wasn’t implemented for the benefit of the fans, can’t these players make a decision and stick to it?
Luckily for us consumers there's a few things now that come with a cooling off period.
I purchased a car thru an internet only dealer by the name of 'Carma' recently.
After purchase if you find you don't like the car it can be returned within 7 days for a full refund, so it's actually a cooling off period.

Not sure he is a better player than Moses, but he brings things to us that Moses doesn’t. He is a hard nut, he is ultra competive and a proven winner over a long time. We need these quality probably more than the stuff Moses brings to the table.
From what has been said about Lauii off the field as well as on, I'm sure we won't see him being a sniveling little :poop: head like Moses was.
Not sure he is a better player than Moses, but he brings things to us that Moses doesn’t. He is a hard nut, he is ultra competive and a proven winner over a long time. We need these quality probably more than the stuff Moses brings to the table.

Most have been asking for a dominant game controlling half with a strong kicking game.
That’s not Luau, he’s never demonstrated those qualities.
He’s purely a ball runner as was Brooks and we know how that turned out.
Brooks hasnt played a final game while Luai has 3 premierships.

Not even close to being equal.

Hes not worth 1.2. More arpund 800k but tbh honest if it helps with recruitment plus if he actually rips in hel be fine.

Him amd Api would go well together

Did anyone think Hynes was a dominant 7 when he left Melbourne for the Sharks ?

Luai has had much more pedigree in the halves than Nicho did
Romey (if I can call him that) can only get better. Only issue I see is his shoulder injury

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back