OFFICIAL Jersey Flegg Cup

Sounds like we still make too many sloppy mistakes, players clocking off and get punished. Not selecting our best players is costly. Hopefully Saukuru in the centres next week
Definitely. We were up for the game today, but just shot ourselves in the foot. The fact Saukuru was 18th man gives me hope a selection isn't far away.

Ghantous looks a good solid player, but not the same game breaking ability as Da Silva.

We had got all the momentum and lifted instensity. But they score a 90m runaway try from a scrum. Down 14 to 12 at half time.

Lolesio was great to start. Fa'agutu and Herman are beasts. One Herman run back from a drop out had some serious intensity. Fa'agutu had a massive effort play when he charged down a kick and nearly got a regather in goal...but forced the fullback to knock it dead.
Thanks for the update. Feledy has a great chance to compete with Naden for left centre. With his hunger, try scoring and defence he is a real prospect which is why Sheens signed him!

Thanks for the update. Feledy has a great chance to compete with Naden for left centre. With his hunger, try scoring and defence he is a real prospect which is why Sheens signed him!
Wouldnt be surprised to see him in NSW Cup soon. Although it might be right centre, as I think Reilly will keep that left centre spot for this year. Good player to watch!

Here is an interview last week with Cayne Nicholas, a very impressive young man who seems to have the desire & IQ to go a long way (models his game on Patrick Carrigan). He is a bottom ager in JF this season.

He is an interview with our JF coach Scott Kenna from a couple of weeks ago:

Explains how they are managing the loads of the SG Ball players coming up hence why the likes of Da Silva, Miller, Solo, Faagutu, Kit Laulili are ebing used sparingly since the end of junior rep season.

Interesting comments on Scott fulton thinksanly have done the right thing by going in another direction

He is an interview with our JF coach Scott Kenna from a couple of weeks ago:

Explains how they are managing the loads of the SG Ball players coming up hence why the likes of Da Silva, Miller, Solo, Faagutu, Kit Laulili are ebing used sparingly since the end of junior rep season.
Just confirms what we've been thinking, the club wrapping them up in cotton wool, but i think the club are making a bigger deal about this than necessary. There are 18 year olds playing first grade and Cup, playing them every week or two in flegg shouldn't be an issue.

If you're good enough you're old enough. For the forwards who are more physically developed there's no reason to hold them back. For the skinnier kids, or those still at school and playing in schoolboy carnivals etc during the week then sure, that makes sense to manage their loads.

Just confirms what we've been thinking, the club wrapping them up in cotton wool, but i think the club are making a bigger deal about this than necessary. There are 18 year olds playing first grade and Cup, playing them every week or two in flegg shouldn't be an issue.

If you're good enough you're old enough. For the forwards who are more physically developed there's no reason to hold them back. For the skinnier kids, or those still at school and playing in schoolboy carnivals etc during the week then sure, that makes sense to manage their loads.
Based on his interview he made a big point (several times) referring to the kids playing up a year SG Ball.
With that comment you would expect Fa'agutu and Solo Saukuru to get more consistent minutes soon (as they were in their 2nd year of SG Ball). Then the other guys (Tallyn, Miller and Laulili'i slowly integrated with some resting). He mentioned the 3 boys played the Manly game and then given a few weeks rest, so I assume we might see them again either this week or next.

Based on his interview he made a big point (several times) referring to the kids playing up a year SG Ball.
With that comment you would expect Fa'agutu and Solo Saukuru to get more consistent minutes soon (as they were in their 2nd year of SG Ball). Then the other guys (Tallyn, Miller and Laulili'i slowly integrated with some resting). He mentioned the 3 boys played the Manly game and then given a few weeks rest, so I assume we might see them again either this week or next.
They're playing up a year now, 3-4 years ago they wouldn't have been..
Chris and Solo should certainly be getting minutes now and with the Mulholland Cup about to start during the week those in schoolboy footy will be held back a bit, i think all the boys from last year's Matts squad will be in year 11 or 12 this year.

But still it's possible to play mid week and 20-30 off the bench too.

Jersey Flegg Cup - Round 14 vs. Sharks

Saturday, June 3 - 5:20 p.m. AEST
PointsBet Stadium, Sydney

WESTS TIGERS

1. Zane Camroux
2. Harrison Henson
3. Josh Feledy
4. Sione Vaihu
5. Jay Kirk
6. Michael Tannous
7. Iverson Matai
8. Tray Lolesio
9. Danny Ghantous
23. Jackson Owen
11. Apisalome Saukuru
12. Finnley Neilsen
13. Cayne Nicholas (c)

14. Tallyn Da Silva
15. Herman Tofaeono
16. Christopher Faagutu
17. Kit Laulilii

18. Mitchell Chester
Coach: Scott Kenna

WESTS TIGERS

1. Zane Camroux
2. Harrison Henson
3. Josh Feledy
4. Sione Vaihu
5. Jay Kirk
6. Michael Tannous
7. Iverson Matai
8. Tray Lolesio
9. Danny Ghantous
23. Jackson Owen
11. Apisalome Saukuru
12. Finnley Neilsen
13. Cayne Nicholas (c)

14. Tallyn Da Silva
15. Herman Tofaeono
16. Christopher Faagutu
17. Kit Laulilii

18. Mitchell Chester
That bench! 🔥

WESTS TIGERS

1. Zane Camroux
2. Harrison Henson
3. Josh Feledy
4. Sione Vaihu
5. Jay Kirk
6. Michael Tannous
7. Iverson Matai
8. Tray Lolesio
9. Danny Ghantous
23. Jackson Owen
11. Apisalome Saukuru
12. Finnley Neilsen
13. Cayne Nicholas (c)

14. Tallyn Da Silva
15. Herman Tofaeono
16. Christopher Faagutu
17. Kit Laulilii

18. Mitchell Chester
That bench is gonna come out firing on the weekend. I'm excited to see how these boys go

Where does tannous fit in future plans
I think it’ll be up to how he performs for the rest of this season compared to Iverson Matai, Zane Camroux, Oliver Lawry, Danny Ghantoul & James Valevatu. Is he 20 or 21 this season?

Up against Henry O’Kane at the Sharks.
https://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2023/05/30/team-list-jersey-flegg-cup-round-14-vs-raiders/

It would be interesting to see how Henry O’Kane stacks up again our up and coming backrowers.
I know Joe Offa is a lock/mid but with club letting him go to save $ . We need another option at lock.

Heard a flegg coach rate our Cayne Nicholas as one of the best players he's coached. Models his game at 13 pat carigan player.

Back