Juniors - Pathways General Discussion

TALENT ID DAY
🐯

Wests Tigers are hosting the following Talent ID Day Sessions early in the new year. In order to be eligible as one of up to 100 kids selected from your district, you will need to be:
🟠
Registered to one of the 3 Wests Tigers catchment areas for the 2024 season. Proof of registration will be supplied from your club.
⚫
Born in 2011.
⚪
Fit and able for physical activity.
🟠
Available for the date and time of your districts session.
Please complete the below application form attached to the link
🔗
https://brnw.ch/21wEwaf
🚨
It is important to note: Completing this form does not guarantee your child a spot in the session, Wests Tigers along with the guidance of all junior league clubs will be going through a process to select up to 100 players from each district for the session.
**Applications close December 17th 2023**

1700283293656.jpeg

Pathways players head for the hills​

These sand dunes are notorious. They are etched in NRL pre-season folklore. They are feared.

They can be found just north of Cronulla, at Wanda Beach.

It is here where more than 300 of Wests Tigers best up-and-coming young players will gather at sunrise on Saturday when the club holds its annual pathways ‘get-together’.

Mind you, it will be no picnic.

Rather, a sweat-sapping, leg-burning, painful reminder of the hard work required to make it in the greatest game of all.

Anyone who has ever played with an NRL club in Sydney will have done at least one session on these dreaded dunes.

In fact, elite athletes from many sports have taken their bodies to near breaking point at this coastal landscape, where lactic acid builds, and energy reserves are depleted.

Most will tell you the best thing about Wanda is the road out of there.

Shannon Gallant played the last of his three seasons at Wests Tigers in 2009 and knows Wanda well.

These days he’s doing a terrific job in his role as Pathways and Junior Recruitment Manager and he’ll be one of the many voices barking orders on Saturday.

As he explains, the club has been bringing its junior rep squads together as one group for several years.

“We get all the squads to one joint session at the start of summer and I think it’s really important,” said Gallant.
“We are very different to most clubs with three broad catchment areas, so I think that makes it even more important that we do this kind of thing.”

But why these sandhills?

“No-one likes coming here and I certainly didn’t in my playing days either,” he admitted.

“It’s one of those tough experiences that they will go through together, they will feel it together, and it’s a great team-building exercise.”

“We begin trials next weekend so this is an ideal lead-in to those matches.”

Onitoni Large (C) & Heamasi Makasini
playing today if anyone wants to see
what all the hype is about: live stream
on www.rugby.com.au 4 those interested

Australia U16 vs. Pacific All Stars​

1:35pm 12th December (today)

Onitoni Large (C) & Heamasi Makasini
playing today if anyone wants to see
what all the hype is about: live stream
on www.rugby.com.au 4 those interested

Australia U16 vs. Pacific All Stars​

1:35pm 12th December (today)
What's their contract situation? Do the tigers need to upgrade and extend? I'd hate for them to play elsewhere

What's their contract situation? Do the tigers need to upgrade and extend? I'd hate for them to play elsewhere

Not exactly sure bro. I think Large is signed
for 4 years last year, Makasini I'm not sure
about. Just ran a search can't find anything

Can anyone who is in touch with the Wests Magpies juniors elaborate on Nate Gallagher.
I’ve been finding and watching, in some cases re-watching games from the 2022 Harold Matthews Grand Final and some Harold Matthews games from 2023.
Each time I watch Nate Gallagher is a player who I believe stands out and shows very good potential, particularly as as tall, athletic, fast & strong wingers are the prototype of what is generally needed at NRL level these days.
Let’s hope he’s another who kicks on and remains in Wests Tigers colours if he does.

Can anyone who is in touch with the Wests Magpies juniors elaborate on Nate Gallagher.
I’ve been finding and watching, in some cases re-watching games from the 2022 Harold Matthews Grand Final and some Harold Matthews games from 2023.
Each time I watch Nate Gallagher is a player who I believe stands out and shows very good potential, particularly as as tall, athletic, fast & strong wingers are the prototype of what is generally needed at NRL level these days.
Let’s hope he’s another who kicks on and remains in Wests Tigers colours if he does.
Wasn't he the one player that left the winning Matts side? Or was that a different outside back

I think he’s still with us, but I could be wrong.
Hoping he is as he looks like a good prospect.
Just a quick update on where some of our pathways players are playing in local competitions.

Navren Willett - fullback in Taree City 1st Grade - Group 3.
Riley Oitmann (fullback), Luke Prebble (backrow), Ewan Xuereb (prop) - Camden Rams U18s - Macarthur U18 Gold comp.
*Will Craig (centre/fullback), Heith Pritchard (halfback), Jeremiah Leatigaga (backrow), Brooklyn Milford (hooker) - East Campbelltown U18s - Macarthur U18 Gold comp. *Will got a run in 1st Grade Macarthur comp too.
Sonny Edwards-Moeke (halfback), Livai Saukuru (prop), Nathaniel Gallagher (backrow/centre) - Narellan Jets U18 Gold - Macarthur U18 Gold comp.
Luke Keppie (halfback) - Picton U18 Magpies - Macarthur U18 Gold comp.
John Tuipolotu (prop) - Ryde Eastwood Hawks - Metro Combined Open Age.
Tino Tavana (fullback), Zak Clarke (backrow), Sonny Edwards-Moeke (halfback) - Narellan Jets 1st Grade - Macarthur 1st Grade comp.
Paul Johnson (wing/fullback), Brooklyn Milford (hooker), Peter Taai (lock) - East Campbelltown Eagles U16s - Macarthury U16 Gold comp.
Ali Karnib (fullback) - Liverpool Catholic Club U16s - Macarthur U16 Gold comp.
I think he’s still with us, but I could be wrong.
Hoping he is as he looks like a good prospect.
Tiger CUBS (Orange) beat Canterbury 40 - 4 @ Tamworth 28/7/23
Malik Amine, Javon Andrews, Jordan Bunt, Cooper Clarke, Alex Conti, Archie Duncombe, Sonny Edwards-
Moeke, Nate Gallagher, Jared Haywood, Aaron Keppie, Edwin Langi, Luke Laulilii, Byron Laupepa, Kohan Lewis
Kimball Liufau, Callum McMenemy, Mikey Nassar, Riley Oitmann, Joey Raad, Lucas Rossi, James Safi
Adrien Safi, Denzel Shaafhausen, Marc Tannous, Dougie Tuala, Jonah Watson
NOTE: Javon Andrews, Alex Conti & Cooper Clarke, Micky Nassar have since signed elsewhere.

Just a quick update on where some of our pathways players are playing in local competitions.

Navren Willett - fullback in Taree City 1st Grade - Group 3.
Riley Oitmann (fullback), Luke Prebble (backrow), Ewan Xuereb (prop) - Camden Rams U18s - Macarthur U18 Gold comp.
*Will Craig (centre/fullback), Heith Pritchard (halfback), Jeremiah Leatigaga (backrow), Brooklyn Milford (hooker) - East Campbelltown U18s - Macarthur U18 Gold comp. *Will got a run in 1st Grade Macarthur comp too.
Sonny Edwards-Moeke (halfback), Livai Saukuru (prop), Nathaniel Gallagher (backrow/centre) - Narellan Jets U18 Gold - Macarthur U18 Gold comp.
Luke Keppie (halfback) - Picton U18 Magpies - Macarthur U18 Gold comp.
John Tuipolotu (prop) - Ryde Eastwood Hawks - Metro Combined Open Age.
Tino Tavana (fullback), Zak Clarke (backrow), Sonny Edwards-Moeke (halfback) - Narellan Jets 1st Grade - Macarthur 1st Grade comp.
Paul Johnson (wing/fullback), Brooklyn Milford (hooker), Peter Taai (lock) - East Campbelltown Eagles U16s - Macarthury U16 Gold comp.
Ali Karnib (fullback) - Liverpool Catholic Club U16s - Macarthur U16 Gold comp.
Tiger CUBS (Orange) beat Canterbury 40 - 4 @ Tamworth 28/7/23
Malik Amine, Javon Andrews, Jordan Bunt, Cooper Clarke, Alex Conti, Archie Duncombe, Sonny Edwards-
Moeke, Nate Gallagher, Jared Haywood, Aaron Keppie, Edwin Langi, Luke Laulilii, Byron Laupepa, Kohan Lewis
Kimball Liufau, Callum McMenemy, Mikey Nassar, Riley Oitmann, Joey Raad, Lucas Rossi, James Safi
Adrien Safi, Denzel Shaafhausen, Marc Tannous, Dougie Tuala, Jonah Watson
NOTE: Javon Andrews, Alex Conti & Cooper Clarke, Micky Nassar have since signed elsewhere.
Those are clubs are 10 months old though

Back