Juniors - Pathways General Discussion

Thanks mate

In your opinion how many very good juniors does the Tiger's have in lower grades?
Hard to put an exact number on it and also hard to know which ones will transition well to NRL but there’s some very good juniors there.

Wests Harold Matts finished the regular season undefeated in 2nd position, so their best players (Heamasi Makasini, Onitoni Large, Ashton Large, Christian Taupau-Moors etc.) are ones to watch.

Latu is very highly touted and don’t think we’ve seen anywhere near the best of Da Silva yet (think he’s definitely Api’s successor).

Those guys come to mind for me.

Hard to put an exact number on it and also hard to know which ones will transition well to NRL but there’s some very good juniors there.

Wests Harold Matts finished the regular season undefeated in 2nd position, so their best players (Heamasi Makasini, Onitoni Large, Ashton Large, Christian Taupau-Moors etc.) are ones to watch.

Latu is very highly touted and don’t think we’ve seen anywhere near the best of Da Silva yet (think he’s definitely Api’s successor).

Those guys come to mind for me.
Do you think Da Silva will wait a few years for first grade time ?

Do you think Da Silva will wait a few years for first grade time ?
Yeah, I think so.

I think he's a little bit behind in development in comparison to Latu and Galvin but being a hooker playing in the middle of the field, that's probably to be expected.

Will take time but definitely has the ability.

FINAL PATHWAYS RESULTS - 6-7/4/24

The Knock On Effect NSW Cup

LOSS - Bears beat Magpies 42-16

Jersey Flegg Cup (U/21's)
LOSS - Storm beat Wests Tigers 28-18
After the late changes a reggies flogging was on the cards.
But doesn’t say much for depth.

He did. Can't say he played badly. He tried but a top-line first grader would stand out at that level.
Thanks C but not what I was hoping to hear. I would have thought he was chomping at the bit with a potential promotion to the firsts on the cards.
If that didn’t motivate him then he doesn’t deserve it.

Played him on the halves, set him and the team up for failure.
Very poor how our club continues to handle the lower grades.
It seems to be an afterthought V rather than a strong second team to draw on where necessary.
Do the two teams partially train as a squad and then split for specific drills ?
Or is the NRL team, and then the rest !

It seems to be an afterthought V rather than a strong second team to draw on where necessary.
Do the two teams partially train as a squad and then split for specific drills ?
Or is the NRL team, and then the rest !
There's a group that trains with NRL, and a separate group that trains with NSW Cup and those groups don't change too much over the course of the season.

The ones training with NRL but playing NSW Cup would probably join the NSW Cup squad for maybe one session close to the game, or no sessions at all.

FINAL PATHWAYS RESULTS - 13/4/24

LOSS - Dragons beat Magpies 24-18

WIN - Wests Tigers beat Dragons 31-22

Westpac Lisa Fiaola Cup (U/17's Girls)
WIN - Wests Tigers beat CC Roosters 24-22

Team List: Pathways U17s Semi Finals

Team List: Pathways U17s Semi Finals
Wests Tigers Tue 16 Apr 2024, 08:46 PM

Share on social media​

Semi-final teams for Wests Tigers in the Lisa Fiaola Cup and Wests Magpies in the Harold Matthews Cup to be played at Leichhardt Oval this Saturday.

Harold Matthews Cup - Wests Magpies U17s
Vs Sharks 11am

team_matts_wests_semi.jpeg
Lisa Fiaola Cup - Wests Tigers U17s
Vs Steelers 12:30pm

team_lisa_semi.jpeg

Your hard work and dedication have already brought you this far. Play hard, do your best and have fun! We're all behind you.
Good luck to both teams in their semi-final matches 🍀

@KingRobbie has already posted the HMC team list in the dedicated thread, for those who are having trouble reading the list. I basically wanted to share details about our Lisa Fiaola Cup team's semi-final game, and team line-up, as there's no designated thread and it's a great achievement that deserves recognition.

📣 Hey guys! Two of our pathways teams are gearing up for their semi-final game at Leichhardt Oval this Saturday. If it's not too much to ask, I was wondering if forum members could please take a moment to repost the following on your socials? Let's rally behind the teams and spread the word. Thank you 🙏 I'm sure they would appreciate any messages of support.

FINAL PATHWAYS RESULTS - 20/4/24

LOSS - Panthers beat Magpies 40-14

WIN - Wests Tigers beat Panthers 20-18

UNE Harold Matthews Cup (U/17's)
WIN - Magpies beat Sharks 8-6

Westpac Lisa Fiaola Cup (U/17's Girls)
WIN - Wests Tigers beat Steelers 32-14

Latest posts

Back