@pawsandclaws1 said in [Knights Interest In Brooks](/post/1506745) said:
@chicken_faced_killa said in [Knights Interest In Brooks](/post/1506744) said:
@pawsandclaws1 said in [Knights Interest In Brooks](/post/1506743) said:
@chicken_faced_killa said in [Knights Interest In Brooks](/post/1506741) said:
@eyeofthetiger-0 said in [Knights Interest In Brooks](/post/1506740) said:
@avocadoontoast said in [Knights Interest In Brooks](/post/1506738) said:
@batboy said in [Knights Interest In Brooks](/post/1506733) said:
@jedi_tiger said in [Knights Interest In Brooks](/post/1506726) said:
On SEN this morning Lee has pretty much shut down the Brooks move, to all the Brooks Haters he is staying... onwards and upwards

He wasn't very convincing I thought with phrases like
"Luke Brooks has a contract at the club" and
"I can't see any reason why he wouldn't fulfil that contract"

When there was speculation on his beloved Nofoaluma the response
was
"I guarantee David will be at the Wests Tigers next year"
and "Further to that, I'll state the David Nofoaluma IS Wests Tigers"
I didn't hear any where near the same conviction...

I think Luke Brooks is the best halfback available to our club at this time,
and I don't want him going anywhere...
But nothing Lee said made me certain he will be here next year - In fact it was almost the opposite.

Yeah I tend to agree. It's not dissimilar to Aloiai when he said:

“He’s a contracted employee at the Wests Tigers for 2021 and under the terms of his employment he’ll be remaining at the club.”

As i've said previously, I think the club wants to keep Brooks but I don't necessarily think he feels the same. Just my opinion. Agents work for their clients, if Brooks didn't want him talking to other clubs, he'd tell him not to.

Listened to it. Didn’t sound convincing at all

Just sounds like he is saying what he needs to. Something has to be happening in this space as it has dragged on way too long for it to be blind speculation.

The thing that is happening is the Knights are going to start a season without an established half. I'd suggest Johns believes Brooks needs better coaching and be used in a matter which suits his skills. With Sheens and Kimmorley at WTs, we may see quite a bit of change in the way our halves play next season. This can only be a good outcome.

I disagree I think there has to be something coming from Luke through his manager.

That's irrelevant. Sheens and now our Chair have come out and stated he has two years left on his contract and will be at WTs. This continued speculation on this forum is a self fulfilling prophecy.

Same stuff was said about Josh Aloiai and Ryan Matterson.

I don’t know if it will happen or not but no one has said anything that convinces me that an outcome is set in stone.

Wasn't Sheens pretty emphatic? Thing about Lee is he's a lawyer, he always covers what he says without extending himself far enough to risk being contradicted. Sheens basically said "we aren't releasing him".

It's a very weird situation to me, that if a player has a contract and the club says they don't intend to release him, fans and media still speculate about a potential release. Why is there speculation around Brooks? Because he's unsuccessful at Tigers, because Knights lost their halfback and because Knights confirmed they are interested in Brooks. But none of that has come from anything said or done by the Tigers or Brooks himself, who are the only two parties that have power in the current arrangement. This is speculation from parties who have no control over the situation.

And your exact comment here is that nobody has said anything to convince you of a stone-set outcome. I wonder what would need to be said by a club official to kill the rumour dead, if there exists even 1 example of a player who wriggled out of a prior contract.

You know what would like it. Luke making a statement.

HaHA, You want to look for any movement in his arms or legs? or eye movement when he speaks? HAQHA

No, as I stated earlier I believe that Luke is interested in the move and that is why it’s still be pushed. Him making a statement changes that and puts it to bed. The club has made statements about players having to mow the lawns before going anywhere previously and let them two weeks later. So I don’t believe them when they say anything. Luke can make his statement dressed as super Mario with his hands behind his back and eyes shut.

I don’t really care what Luke decides to do it’s more to do with the fact it has gone on for so long there must be some truth to it be a possibility.

@camel2281 said in [Knights Interest In Brooks](/post/1506831) said:
@twentyforty said in [Knights Interest In Brooks](/post/1506762) said:
Brooks is a veteran at WT. Next season he can become a veteran at any club. It’s worth $200k per season. If Brooksy does change clubs I hope he lands at a club which can give him GF victory, as others have done, like Heighington, Tedesco, Fox.

Nofa can claim the 200k. It's not for each player it's total on top of the cap no matter how many long serving players you have

Even if he is playing reserve grade ?

@snake said in [Knights Interest In Brooks](/post/1506848) said:
Brooks is a veteran at WT. Next season he can become a veteran at any club. It’s worth $200k per season. If Brooksy does change clubs I hope he lands at a club which can give him GF victory, as others have done, like Heighington, Tedesco, Fox.

Nofa can claim the 200k. It's not for each player it's total on top of the cap no matter how many long serving players you have

Yep

He won’t though, so it’s irrelevant

@gnr4life said in [Knights Interest In Brooks](/post/1506853) said:

He did last year didn’t he?

@chicken_faced_killa said in [Knights Interest In Brooks](/post/1506864) said:

Not since 2018.

@chicken_faced_killa said in [Knights Interest In Brooks](/post/1506837) said:
@twentyforty said in [Knights Interest In Brooks](/post/1506816) said:
@chicken_faced_killa said in [Knights Interest In Brooks](/post/1506772) said:
@jirskyr said in [Knights Interest In Brooks](/post/1506767) said:
@chicken_faced_killa said in [Knights Interest In Brooks](/post/1506749) said:
On SEN this morning Lee has pretty much shut down the Brooks move, to all the Brooks Haters he is staying... onwards and upwards

was

But nothing Lee said made me certain he will be here next year - In fact it was almost the opposite.

“He’s a contracted employee at the Wests Tigers for 2021 and under the terms of his employment he’ll be remaining at the club.”

As i've said previously, I think the club wants to keep Brooks but I don't necessarily think he feels the same. Just my opinion. Agents work for their clients, if Brooks didn't want him talking to other clubs, he'd tell him not to.

Just sounds like he is saying what he needs to. Something has to be happening in this space as it has dragged on way too long for it to be blind speculation.

The thing that is happening is the Knights are going to start a season without an established half. I'd suggest Johns believes Brooks needs better coaching and be used in a matter which suits his skills. With Sheens and Kimmorley at WTs, we may see quite a bit of change in the way our halves play next season. This can only be a good outcome.

I disagree I think there has to be something coming from Luke through his manager.

That's irrelevant. Sheens and now our Chair have come out and stated he has two years left on his contract and will be at WTs. This continued speculation on this forum is a self fulfilling prophecy.

I don’t know if it will happen or not but no one has said anything that convinces me that an outcome is set in stone.

Wasn't Sheens pretty emphatic? Thing about Lee is he's a lawyer, he always covers what he says without extending himself far enough to risk being contradicted. Sheens basically said "we aren't releasing him".

It's a very weird situation to me, that if a player has a contract and the club says they don't intend to release him, fans and media still speculate about a potential release. Why is there speculation around Brooks? Because he's unsuccessful at Tigers, because Knights lost their halfback and because Knights confirmed they are interested in Brooks. But none of that has come from anything said or done by the Tigers or Brooks himself, who are the only two parties that have power in the current arrangement. This is speculation from parties who have no control over the situation.

And your exact comment here is that nobody has said anything to convince you of a stone-set outcome. I wonder what would need to be said by a club official to kill the rumour dead, if there exists even 1 example of a player who wriggled out of a prior contract.

HaHA, You want to look for any movement in his arms or legs? or eye movement when he speaks? HAQHA

No, as I stated earlier I believe that Luke is interested in the move and that is why it’s still be pushed. Him making a statement changes that and puts it to bed. The club has made statements about players having to mow the lawns before going anywhere previously and let them two weeks later. So I don’t believe them when they say anything. Luke can make his statement dressed as super Mario with his hands behind his back and eyes shut.

I don’t really care what Luke decides to do it’s more to do with the fact it has gone on for so long there must be some truth to it be a possibility.

Yes I agree with you. Luke obviously told his agent that he wasnt happy, to which his agents response would have been.. shall I put the feelers out ? The question is now, is Brooks still unhappy?

@jc99 said in [Knights Interest In Brooks](/post/1506867) said:
@gnr4life said in [Knights Interest In Brooks](/post/1506865) said:

Not since 2018.

2019*

Because he was coming back from shoulder surgery. He was not dropped as is the implication when you talk about a player playing reserve grade.

@gnr4life said in [Knights Interest In Brooks](/post/1506868) said:

Not since 2018.

2019*

Because he was coming back from shoulder surgery. He was not dropped as is the implication when you talk about a player playing reserve grade.

I was just talking about playing reserve grade which he did

Not since 2018.

2019*

those darn semantics

@sparci said in [Knights Interest In Brooks](/post/1506874) said:

Not since 2018.

2019*

those darn semantics

I know right.

Not since 2018.

Okay I thought it was either 2021 or 2020. Only have vague recollections of it.

@chicken_faced_killa said in [Knights Interest In Brooks](/post/1506903) said:

Not since 2018.

Okay I thought it was either 2021 or 2020. Only have vague recollections of it.

He’s played every game the last 2 seasons.

was

Isn't Brooks' agent also representing the coach of the Kinghts, the team struggling to find an established half for next year?

@spartan117 said in [Knights Interest In Brooks](/post/1506819) said:
**This Brooks Talk should be considered Illegal Tampering with a contracted player.**

And what role his manager in all this. Has form

@pawsandclaws1 said in [Knights Interest In Brooks](/post/1506913) said:

was

Isn't Brooks' agent also representing the coach of the Kinghts, the team struggling to find an established half for next year?

You keep saying this as if it proves it’s all rubbish. It actually says the opposite to me. If he feels his client needs a new half he’s not going to keep peddling one who’s told him he’s not interested.

If you think any player manager and particularly this one has the sole interest of his client in mind then you are very sadly mistaken
. There are usually 4 or 5 pieces of player negotiation going on with different players at different clubs, all designed to do one single thing. Make the player manager extra coin. On some occasions, player x has no knowledge of anything going on, but when the chess pieces fall into place for the manager.... he then presents player x with contract worth a little more and the belief the club is is contracted to wants him out. So of course he leaves.

In actual fact there is no such desire by the club to see them go, it's just player x is part of a big picture with player q, y, z and j.

When this stuff is stopped by the NRL, this carry on will disappear overnight. Like it or not, the draft would stop this instantaneously...

So who do you think is against the draft? Surprise surprise.

@swordy said in [Knights Interest In Brooks](/post/1506931) said:
If you think any player manager and particularly this one has the sole interest of his client in mind then you are very sadly mistaken
. There are usually 4 or 5 pieces of player negotiation going on with different players at different clubs, all designed to do one single thing. Make the player manager extra coin. On some occasions, player x has no knowledge of anything going on, but when the chess pieces fall into place for the manager.... he then presents player x with contract worth a little more and the belief the club is is contracted to wants him out. So of course he leaves.

In actual fact there is no such desire by the club to see them go, it's just player x is part of a big picture with player q, y, z and j.

When this stuff is stopped by the NRL, this carry on will disappear overnight. Like it or not, the draft would stop this instantaneously...

Is @cochise a player manager

@bagnf05 said in [Knights Interest In Brooks](/post/1506950) said:
@swordy said in [Knights Interest In Brooks](/post/1506931) said:

Is @cochise a player manager

I must be!

was

Are we now setting the precedent that a player has to respond publicly to any contract rumour or innuendo? If Bulldogs are again referenced as being interested in Brooks, does he need to make a statement about Bulldogs too?

In my opinion you make as few statements as possible in response to media speculation. Otherwise you are just asking for the media to wind you up, in an attempt to generate responses out of you.

Latest posts

Members online

Back