Kyle Lovett gone?

I reckon 7 is the new 9…sucked in quite a few...

I liked Lovett but we have a lot with more upside comming through...

@tigerap said:
He'd be a good pickup for Newcastle

Not a big loss for the WT…

Second row is a strength for Newcastle with Mitchell Barnett, Sione Mata'utia and Jamie Buhrer. He'd have better luck finding a home somewhere like Manly, Souths or even Melbourne if he's going to stay in the NRL.

I reckon most teams would have their salary caps maxed out for 2017 by now, so our only hope is if an English club takes him. We would not miss him one little bit and it will give us a chance to see some of the younger guys or reggies players such as MCK or Rod Griffin.

@happy tiger said:
Lovett did what was expected of him , you could never accuse him of not giving 110% every week

Club obviously thinks it has enough cover in the back row , I'm not so sure

Any chance we might be releasing him for another signing (he asks hopefully )???

Thing is effort is only part of the equation.
Talent and ability make up the rest. And of that Lovett was extremely limited.

Let's be brutally honest, Lovett probably doesnt deserve to make a far above average living by playing Rugby League, he simply isn't anywhere near good enough. Problem is the Tigers offered him a contract and should therefore be bound to it.

In fact, in most situations like this the contract is still included in the cap. So im bot sure about the legalities of all this.

@Nelson said:
@tigerap said:
He'd be a good pickup for Newcastle

Not a big loss for the WT…

Second row is a strength for Newcastle with Mitchell Barnett, Sione Mata'utia and Jamie Buhrer. He'd have better luck finding a home somewhere like Manly, Souths or even Melbourne if he's going to stay in the NRL.

Melbourne would be a great place for young Kyle. He'd develop well under Bellamy and Smith and Cronk can make ordinary back rowers look like superstars.

@Sabre said:
@happy tiger said:
Lovett did what was expected of him , you could never accuse him of not giving 110% every week

Any chance we might be releasing him for another signing (he asks hopefully )???

Let's be brutally honest, Lovett probably doesnt deserve to make a far above average living by playing Rugby League, he simply isn't anywhere near good enough. Problem is the Tigers offered him a contract and should therefore be bound to it.

In fact, in most situations like this the contract is still included in the cap. So im bot sure about the legalities of all this.

Thats why this story makes little sense. If Lovett has a contract, which I understand he does, then the Tigers will need to pay him. Unless its an approved injury retirement, then any payments will still form part of our cap. The only way that moving Lovett on can alleviate cap pressure is either that he is uncontracted (this is a possibility, perhaps there was some kind of option in the club's favour) or another club has agreed to pay the whole or a substantial portion of his contract.

I feel sorry for lovett. He cops a raw deal around here. He may not be a game breaker but he is a honest toiler. Personally, he seems like a nice bloke from the outside looking in, so I'm loathe to want to death ride the poor bloke. If he is going, best of luck to you champ, if he's hanging around, here's hoping he gets angrier and more block busting.

@Sabre said:
@happy tiger said:

You'd imagine they must have a club interested , maybe ESL ??

You can't dump players as you said and expect it just to disappear

Sounds like the year liam Fulton had to go over to england because of our cap.

I would have got rid of Rod Griffin - only a toiler like Lovett but has already turned 30 (and hasn't played an NRL game) - not sure what the Tigers expect to get out of him. And if he's 187cm tall, I'll be very surprised.

Disappointed. Happy to have kept Elijah and brought Jamal in, but still disappointing to see a true clubman have to suffer to accommodate them if true.

@happy tiger said:

How about I make a bit of a statement from way out left….here we go...Last year I was invited to the members and players presentation night at Campbell town....
The sort of welcome to the club plus players award for the day etc,etc...
I couldn't help but notice that Sirro and Lovett were joined at the hip all night,from dinner to out to the bar.besties if ever I saw it...I reckon that Sirro has moved on,so has Lovett,lets see howfar wrong Iam...and I bet he gets an offer from Manly...I might be wrong,but I might be right...

@GNR4LIFE said:
Lol you can't order any player who has a contract to leave. Nice bit of sensationalism there. Would be a shame to lose Lovett, better than most give him credit for. But it's definitely not the end of the world.

You can order him to leave, but you'd have to pay him out in full, unless he's done something wrong.

@GNR4LIFE said:
@happy tiger said:

I'd personally be looking to offload Rankin or Kev before Lovett.

Would make more sense.

@Sabre said:
@happy tiger said:

Sabre I think your spot on that Lovett doesn't deserve to make a far above average living from playing League, but hardly his fault as he is just one of many that should thank his stars for seeing 1st Grade.

You say " problem is the Tigers offered him a contract and should therefore be bound to it " what about Farah? :mrgreen:

One thing I will give him if this is true? Is that his moved on without any Circus like performance and wish him well in his future endeavours.
I will remember him as a trier who had a go but simply this is way out of his League.

I hate to bag a player on the way out, but in my opinion, Lovett has no business being a regular first grader in the NRL. I know they say he's a top trainer, but he just doesn't have enough talent to be effective in attack or defense. If I were him I'd go to England. He might go OK over there.

Latest posts

Back