Kyle Lovett gone?

@Geo. said:
Releasing Lovett to another Club for Cap issues makes no sense as others have pointed out…**yet so many have run with an un substantiated report by a News network**..

A voice of reason…..

Sometimes I cant believe so many on the forum make decisions about how the club is run and base their thinking on a 10 word unsubstantiated tweet. Apparently its a stupid move by the club, they haven't checked anything to do with his contract, he has been unfairly treated, it's wrong, the club is letting go the wrong people, he wants to stay, its Farah all over again, etc etc.

How did all this get deduced from this one brief tweet?

I've no doubt the club check the legalities of these things before they happen. I've no doubt Kyle Lovett is aware of his rights. I've no doubt, as they do with other ex-players they will top up the contract if that's the requirement. Gee whiz. Take a chill pill and wait for some reliable news. For all we know he had been requesting a move prior to this. Who the hell knows on here?

I liked the guy. He clearly put in as best as he could. He wasn't flush with talent, but he worked hard. If he needs to make way for improvement of the club, then fine by me.

A few on here bagging him, but don't kid yourselves for one minute that if Lovett played somewhere else and was being released from the Broncos or Cowboys or Roosters, there'd be ten threads on here outlining the reasons why we should pick him up as a bargain basement handy second rower, such is the craziness of this place at times.

This could be also very much like the deal the club struck up with Liam Fulton. Go to ESL for a year to give us cap relief and we will give you a new contract when you return. Who Knows, but I would be surprised if Lovett would be in great demand outside ESL and I would be surprised he would be on 200g a season

@Newtown said:
@Milky said:
How on earth are we over the cap?

Is Farah still being paid out of our CAP money?

Off course he is and so is sirro.Looks like the bean counters we have now are just as professional as all their predecesors

@colmcd said:
@tigerap said:
This story with its sensationalist headline " told to leave immediately " sounds like it has Ayoub's grubby finger prints all over it…

I was like, NOooo don't loose a good backrower. Also he seemed decent and backrowers tend to get consumed fairly easily.

Then I learn Ayoub is involved.
Get rid of him. Seriously why do we even put up with Ayoub managing anyone at all.

We're not even sure the story's true, but Now Ayoub is responsible. Lol

@Swordy said:
@Geo. said:
Releasing Lovett to another Club for Cap issues makes no sense as others have pointed out…**yet so many have run with an un substantiated report by a News network**..

A voice of reason…..

Sometimes I cant believe so many on the forum make decisions about how the club is run and base their thinking on a 10 word unsubstantiated tweet. Apparently its a stupid move by the club, they haven't checked anything to do with his contract, he has been unfairly treated, it's wrong, the club is letting go the wrong people, he wants to stay, its Farah all over again, etc etc.

How did all this get deduced from this one brief tweet?

I've no doubt the club check the legalities of these things before they happen. I've no doubt Kyle Lovett is aware of his rights. I've no doubt, as they do with other ex-players they will top up the contract if that's the requirement. Gee whiz. Take a chill pill and wait for some reliable news. For all we know he had been requesting a move prior to this. Who the hell knows on here?

I liked the guy. He clearly put in as best as he could. He wasn't flush with talent, but he worked hard. If he needs to make way for improvement of the club, then fine by me.

**A few on here bagging him, but don't kid yourselves for one minute that if Lovett played somewhere else and was being released from the Broncos or Cowboys or Roosters, there'd be ten threads on here outlining the reasons why we should pick him up as a bargain basement handy second rower, such is the craziness of this place at times.**

Ha. So so true.

To be told on the 11th hour that he has to go is not good
If this is all true then this is another thing the club has handled poorly

This is NRL club i love with passion but in recent times the wheels are falling off with decisions that are being made

@Love the WestsTigers said:

This is NRL club i love with passion but in recent times the wheels are falling off with decisions that are being made

If this is true I suspect he's probably known for a while. Just because us plebs are hearing it for the first time doesn't mean he is.

@Love the WestsTigers said:

I guess he has a contract for 2017 so he really doesn't have to go anywhere if he doesn't want to. You would think he is smart enough to know he has a few in front of him for a back row gig so maybe the money and opportunities will be better elsewhere.

From where I sit I say he is the sort of player you need at a club, mainly a reggie player but can slot into the top grade and do a job when required

@Geo. said:
Releasing Lovett to another Club for Cap issues makes no sense as others have pointed out…yet so many have run with an un substantiated report by a News network..

Releasing Lovett as he has fallen down the pecking order even for a bench spot given the coin he is supposedly on makes much more sense and given the talent we have coming through with much more upside..

Exactly!!
- I'd almost bet… He's been told that he won't be in the top 25 and he'll need to move on if he wants to play first grade. Great Fella and is well loved at the club, But I can't imagine why it's come now....

Then again, There's guys over at Parramatta like Tepai Moeroa, Kalepi Tanginoa and David Gower who'll be lucky to be in their top 25 next year....

There's options out there...

interestingly, Kyle isn't on twitter...

Nothing said yet by the club. I'm assuming we will hear something today. Won't be jumping to any conclusions yet.

@batboy said:
@Geo. said:
Releasing Lovett to another Club for Cap issues makes no sense as others have pointed out…yet so many have run with an un substantiated report by a News network..

Releasing Lovett as he has fallen down the pecking order even for a bench spot given the coin he is supposedly on makes much more sense and given the talent we have coming through with much more upside..

Exactly!!
- I'd almost bet… He's been told that he won't be in the top 25 and he'll need to move on if he wants to play first grade. Great Fella and is well loved at the club, But I can't imagine why it's come now....

**Then again, There's guys over at Parramatta like Tepai Moeroa, Kalepi Tanginoa and David Gower who'll be lucky to be in their top 25 next year....**

Moeroa? That's surprising. I'd be enquiring about him if that's the case.

But if the cap space story is true it seems weird to flick someone now. Unless they have done something naughty and cap space is a nice excuse!

@GNR4LIFE said:
@batboy said:
@Geo. said:

Exactly!!

**Then again, There's guys over at Parramatta like Tepai Moeroa, Kalepi Tanginoa and David Gower who'll be lucky to be in their top 25 next year....**

They like Moeroa at Parra and he'll definitely be in their 17, probably in the starting side. If he goes anywhere it will be to Union, which has been chasing him for a while. Tanginoa and Gower yeah they could be on the bubble of the top 25 (as they probably should be).

@Nelson said:
@GNR4LIFE said:
@batboy said:
@Geo. said:

Exactly!!

They like Moeroa at Parra and he'll definitely be in their 17, probably in the starting side. If he goes anywhere it will be to Union, which has been chasing him for a while. Tanginoa and Gower yeah they could be on the bubble of the top 25 (as they probably should be).

If we're on the lookout for a back rower in 2018 we need to be aiming higher than Gower and Tanginoa.

Nothing official from the club so difficult to comment.
But if true - having difficulty making sense of it especially the timing which stinks. Wait for confirmation before passing any other judgement.

There is a god. Sirro & Lovett plodders are on the way out well done. If only Rankin and Ballin would join them.

@TYGA said:
There is a god. Sirro & Lovett plodders are on the way out well done. If only Rankin and Ballin would join them.

What's wrong with Ballin?

@GNR4LIFE said:
@batboy said:
@Geo. said:

Exactly!!

Nathan Brown is tearing it to pieces over there - There's Brown, Mau, Edwards, Scott and now Pritchard…. That's without mentioning Alvaro, Gower, Moeroa, Tanginoa, Matagi, O'Brien, Terepo and Vave... That's the names I know, And I don't know stuff all about Parra.

Someone will be on the move to play NRL that's for sure.... Most of these mentioned would be an upgrade for us...

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Back