Leichhardt Oval - Wall Collapses

balmain boy

It's happened at several larger and newer stadiums in the state. In Newcastle and at the old SFS during aleague matches.
Nothing was done about those stadiums. It's just basic maths. You can't have that much weight being pushed up on a thin fence.
I hope IWC sends the bill to Joeys so they can cover the repairs

tunks

It's happened at several larger and newer stadiums in the state. In Newcastle and at the old SFS during aleague matches.
Nothing was done about those stadiums. It's just basic maths. You can't have that much weight being pushed up on a thin fence.
I hope IWC sends the bill to Joeys so they can cover the repairs
Seriously you write some angry dribble, what is wrong with your brain to write:
"I hope IWC send the bill to Joeys"

It would be a minor miracle if Joeys, Riverview or the families involved didn't launch some legal action.

426Tlgerland

I’m amazed how the minister would dish up so much money out Penrith way, that stadium is loads better than both Brooky and Leichhardt. It just goes to show the corrupt way our politicians work to stay in power , but it doesn’t matter , they will get pumped next election , I would be talking to the other side now for funding

Jedi_Tiger

Darci Byrne normally makes a comment on anything LO
make a comment champion it is on your watch son can't blame anyone else

Jedi_Tiger

Theyll have to find another spot for the Raiders game I'd guess....
I RECKON WorkCover or similar govt organisation might be there maybe today or tomorrow going over the whole ground
Worksafe will put out a PIMs notice probably Monday and they will have 7 days to rectify. Solution in short term will be nobody allowed to sit behind the goals for raiders game

Needaname

Isn’t the location the standing area above the old toilet block?
If anything the area will get cordoned off and they’ll move on. Doubt a collapsed fence is going to force a rebuild of a stadium and or close the ground indefinitely.

Newtown

Leichhardt Oval should have been condemned years ago. This type of today’s event was inevitable.

Widow dressing isn’t the answer. Only a major rebuild can save it. .
They may decide to use it as a Museum?