Luke Brooks - Mega Thread

I think if Luke Brooks asked twice for a release over Xmas the tigers would have let him go if it cost them zero , you can’t keep a player in first grade who does not want to play for the club , it would be crazy , I also think these low life grub reporters who make shit up all the time sometimes find a soft target and really bash the guts out of it , also what would his team mates think of him asking to leave twice , you would be dirty on him , it don’t look like that when he scores a try of kicks a field goal , I call bullshit , Read , Kent , Sloshfiled , All Grubs at the highest of level , I would be happy to,extend Brooks if he and Jacko form a slick combo , add Adam back in at Centre and an injury free Blore we be right

On Doueihi, 13 will be his most effective position long term.
However having him play 6 and centre the past couple of years he would be best off staying out wide and transitioning to an edge back rower.
I’m not sure his running game would be as effective in the middle of the field, and he still has the option from that spot to link with a sweeping half / fullback or a short ball to the right centre.
That’s my Sheensius call for the day.
Break the system, go away from the dedicated ball playing lock and have a ball playing team. In the middle and both edges.
I’d really consider 11. Papali’i 12. Doueihi and 13. Joffa as our backrow next year.
When he finally gets back on the field (and if he can stay there long enough), he will need to prove his worth to the team before he is considered in any position. The fact he can kick goals is another point in his favour. Hope he come good.

And thats only your qualified opinion,Brooks is doing well alongside Jacko...AD has to come back fit and prove he can out play Brooks...atm I dont think AD is anything more than a fill in...these other guys are doing the work and laying a platform..AD is the forum favourite who did well in a team that was a bottom 4/5 contender....lets see if he can man up and prove he should be the so called KING everyone is wetting their pants over...
Being out for a long time and having to adapt to new structures and new players puts pressure on a bloke who is sitting on the sidelines bascking in fan favourite glory...once he gets out there and proves himself for 80 mins ,then maybe I will change my mind..
Hastings/Brooks are building a great combo ..as the great Greg Hawick who coached me once said""I want you in the side but I dont want to split a winning combination that is just getting used to each other and the way I want them to play""..
As much as I appreciate AD ,,,he has to earn the right to be in the top side...this is the mistake the WTs have made over many years ,,,NEPOTISM and fan favourites with out the hard busted games to prove their worth...This year it starts ...prove yourself or go to NSW cup and earn your selection....
I know I will get flogged by many,but I dont care,its about time things went back to earning your way instead of being spoon fed for your pay...sorry just my rant for the week...
Great post

I don't think he is a lock and I don't think moving Joe O who has been one of our best players is the right decision. I also don't think putting AD there would work. Brooks to fullback. Fullback and 6 are similar in attack. AD has to learn to tackle and how to play 6. It allows us to have our best players in the spine.
We'll be chasing our tail on this one Earl. There are several possibilities and I think injuries, suspensions and COVID may eventually be the factor that decides who plays where.

We'll be chasing our tail on this one Earl. There are several possibilities and I think injuries, suspensions and COVID may eventually be the factor that decides who plays where.
Everyone has an opinion on Doueihi’s best spot, maybe because he came to us as a bench player, who filled in for a few positions at Souths?
If D is a concern, then he needs to play outside Brooks, until, as POM politely put it, builds some upper body strength, then other positions (13?) become an option. But as you’ve already eluded to a lot depends on the state of the team.

I agree. It's like discussing fantasy footy. We need everyone on the park and playing well. The best players will find their spot.

My problem with Brooks is just value for money .He is a reasonable half not great and not the worst but at $900 k this year and $1.1 mill next year he just uses up too much of our salary cap !
If I've got these figures wrong tell me ?

My problem with Brooks is just value for money .He is a reasonable half not great and not the worst but at $900 k this year and $1.1 mill next year he just uses up too much of our salary cap !
Can you please provide a link to those figures? It is difficult to comment unless we know the source of your figures. thanks

Regardless of the $$$ - (Only Club and Player Know the Truth)

You are right.

Brooks is good Player. Just not the return on Investment that we need.

Regardless of the $$$ - (Only Club and Player Know the Truth)

You are right.

Brooks is good Player. Just not the return on Investment that we need.
How do you know what the investment is unless the Club releases its figures? So any comment about roi is a mute point.

Latest posts

Back