Luke Brooks - Mega Thread

if your worried about D wouldn't he be better at centre anyway?

I think centre is one of the hardest positions to defend in. I think he comes back into centre but I think we are getting some players who can also do the job at centre.

I don't know where you put them all ?

What would you do ?

I think centre is one of the hardest positions to defend in. I think he comes back into centre but I think we are getting some players who can also do the job at centre.

What would you do ?
Doueihi will take a year from his first game to get back to anywhere near his best. We don't know what that will look like because this is his second reconstruction. WTs should take as much pressure off him as they can and ease him back to fitness from the interchange. So many want to hit Brooks over the head with Doueihi they don't empathise with the battle he will have to recover.

There is no lack of respect to the players we currently have as I believe with Kepaoa, Toa, Laurie, Doueihi, Hastings and co we can reach a similar level.

Where do they all fit ? I can see the appeal in dumping Brooks.

7 Hastings - heaps better than Brooks in this role
6 Doueihi - better than Brooks in this role.
3/4 To'a & Kepaoa -- Talau as a back-up along with kids coming through.
1 Laurie

I think the weakest link is Laurie especially with the way Brooks has been playing.

Brooks has been one of our better players year in and year out. He is still one of our better players.

I can't figure it out.

Doueihi will take a year from his first game to get back to anywhere near his best. We don't know what that will look like because this is his second reconstruction. WTs should take as much pressure off him as they can and ease him back to fitness from the interchange. So many want to hit Brooks over the head with Doueihi they don't empathise with the battle he will have to recover.

I feel we are discussing this issue a bit early. Doueihi has to come back and find consistent form. Then we see how we are tracking.

It's more like a game of fantasy footy when everyone is fit and in top form.

Where do they all fit ? I can see the appeal in dumping Brooks.

7 Hastings - heaps better than Brooks in this role
6 Doueihi - better than Brooks in this role.
3/4 To'a & Kepaoa -- Talau as a back-up along with kids coming through.
1 Laurie

I think the weakest link is Laurie especially with the way Brooks has been playing.

Brooks has been one of our better players year in and year out. He is still one of our better players.

I can't figure it out.
Hastings 7
Brooks 6
Kepaoa right centre
Toa left centre - Doueihi - interchange

D
Laurie fullback

Given the way the team plays currently, for this year I'd have:
7 Hastings - plays very central, organises attack, rarely goes wide, almost plays like a 13
6 Brooks - play wider, like he is now
13 Doueihi - play a bit wider than a traditional 13, almost like a second 6

You could swap the numbers of AD and Hastings but I'd prefer not to mess with the halves.

What would you do ?
That's interesting about centre being the hardest to defend. I was more thinking of mileage.
I'm going to have a look at their workload.
I'm going back to my playing days, fullback stuffed me but centre didn't, maybe I was just lazy 🤣

That's interesting about centre being the hardest to defend. I was more thinking of mileage.
I'm going to have a look at their workload.
I'm going back to my playing days, fullback stuffed me but centre didn't, maybe I was just lazy 🤣
Hardest to defend because it's where all the decisions are made (In or out)
and because of the Traffic.

Hardest to defend because it's where all the decisions are made (In or out)
and because of the Traffic.
I was more thinking along the lines of mileage with his knee. I'm unsure which position would have the least impact. I know when I played fullback I ran myself out, never played in the halves. On the wing I see a lot of times where they're walking but quiet of often they rack up a lot of running metres especially if they score long tries or breaks.
Put the physio hat on, sudden change of direction is a knee killer, one would think the halves do more of that.
As as D goes, who would rack up the most tackles...centre you say, that's interesting.

I was more thinking along the lines of mileage with his knee. I'm unsure which position would have the least impact. I know when I played fullback I ran myself out, never played in the halves. On the wing I see a lot of times where they're walking but quiet of often they rack up a lot of running metres especially if they score long tries or breaks.
Put the physio hat on, sudden change of direction is a knee killer, one would think the halves do more of that.
As as D goes, who would rack up the most tackles...centre you say, that's interesting.

I see that, Looking at it physically only...
Not saying centres make more tackles - They're just have more decisions to make and have more difficult shape and situations thrown at them than defending in the middle for example.

My read on it, Is at any time they have halves, Second Rowers, Centres and Wingers coming at them.... can be a lot to digest, And get right...
Unfortunately, it's also become the least respected and least paid - Might be why there's not many good ones about.

I read in a journal that knees are more likely to be injured in prone positions, wrestling etc than when at pace.
For example being bent and twisted in tackles.
I don't think you can hide anywhere on the football field regarding protecting an injury because your team may choose not to involve a player but the oposition will find him.
I misread his post by the way, I thought more along the lines of worrying about the knee with D.
Anyway I think Adam will play where the coach and the team need him, what we say on here has no bearing other than to activate our brain cells.

Even the Chad is outplaying him.
According to some, brooks will go number 1 in the NBA draft and lead the team to the championship.
Our return on investment is negative
I understand the loyalty but he's simply not value for money.
If he resigns with us on a lot smaller amount then it's a different story.
Cleary 900k
Hughes 750k
Munster 900k
Brooks 950k 🙄

Back