Luke Brooks - Mega Thread

Wasn't it Tim Sheens who went to the Brooks' home to sign Luke to a contract many years ago? I remember reading an article on it (many years ago).

The conspiracy theorist in me says he’s played his last tigers’ game. I would think it has become a choice between him and Hastings going forward and the club has gone with Hastings.
The club is at fault by paying overs for Brooks and back ending it. That reported 1.1 million is obscene for a player with no finals experience and not close to playing State of Origin. As a player it’s done nothing for Brooks, it disincentivised game development and just placed a nice big target on him for the detractors.

Unlike many on here, I hope not. I don’t usually enter the Brooks debate that often, but his injury has me concerned. My own thoughts are:
He may be getting paid too much, that’s true. I do not know what his 2023 contract really is, but whatever the club has done or negotiated for his salary to be where it’s at, is not Brooks’ fault.
The guy has been bashed from pillar to post in unprecedented fashion by garbage, agenda driven NRL media, and even worse, by supposed loyal Tigers fans. I think he has handled himself incredibly well. He has had every right to walk away from the club.
As for his ability, he has plenty. He is tougher and more skillful and durable than most of our squad and if the other 16 players put in the way he has over the season, we would have won more games. I hope he stays and plays his current contract out then re-negotiates a fair contract with the club.
As for Madden replacing him, I’d love to see it for his sake, but have seen very little to suggest he is “half” the player Brooks is in any facet of the game.

Unlike many on here, I hope not. I don’t usually enter the Brooks debate that often, but his injury has me concerned. My own thoughts are:
He may be getting paid too much, that’s true. I do not know what his 2023 contract really is, but whatever the club has done or negotiated for his salary to be where it’s at, is not Brooks’ fault.
The guy has been bashed from pillar to post in unprecedented fashion by garbage, agenda driven NRL media, and even worse, by supposed loyal Tigers fans. I think he has handled himself incredibly well. He has had every right to walk away from the club.
As for his ability, he has plenty. He is tougher and more skillful and durable than most of our squad and if the other 16 players put in the way he has over the season, we would have won more games. I hope he stays and plays his current contract out then re-negotiates a fair contract with the club.
As for Madden replacing him, I’d love to see it for his sake, but have seen very little to suggest he is “half” the player Brooks is in any facet of the game.
BULLSEYE
🎯

LUKE BROOKS THANK YOU FOR SERVICE

He doesn't lack ticker I will say that for him.... A fresh start at a new club probably the best for him... I wish him luck
I can genuinely say that he has disappointed us with his performances but not with his effort. One of the better defensive halves IMO.

A true case of "nice guys finish last". I really hope he gets to play a couple of big games in his life. I think he's usually calm under pressure so he might surprise peope if/when he gets to the big games.

Agree 100%. And then part of me hopes Brooks goes to a team like Knights who keep their forward pack, and we see Brooks once again in contention for a Blues jersey.

Why make Newcastle stronger in 2023, a direct competitor for that 6 7 or 8 spot, with out a 7 they are stuffed.
keep him for 2023 work out what you do for 2024
The Luciano money and the nofo money front load Brooks 2023 salary

Why make Newcastle stronger in 2023, a direct competitor for that 6 7 or 8 spot, with out a 7 they are stuffed.
keep him for 2023 work out what you do for 2024
The Luciano money and the nofo money front load Brooks 2023 salary
I think it will all come down to recruitment and yet we haven’t signed anyone yet, for now I agree.

I'm so over the Brooks chat I can't wait for him to leave - even though I'm of the opinion that we shouldn't let him go until we have a better replacement, which, we don't. AD/Hastings halves pairing = yuck.

I hope he goes and kills it somewhere else, a fresh start at a new club might be what he needs.

It was rumoured his last game was last year against the bulldogs, then he was rumoured to be dropped.

I doubt he’s going anywhere else in 2023.

First time i'm posting of this nature, a friend of Luke & family blurted out to my sis in law he"s off to Newcastle and she even said he bought a property already.. time will tell if true.
If true, makes me wonder if this injury is real or just to give Madden a run and Brooks not having to play reserves

First time i'm posting of this nature, a friend of Luke & family blurted out to my sis in law he"s off to Newcastle and she even said he bought a property already.. time will tell if true.
If true, makes me wonder if this injury is real or just to give Madden a run and Brooks not having to play reserves
If he does I hope he is looked after better than he has been here. When it gets to the point that his weak forward pack is apparently the reason he always uns on fourth tackle or that he gets anxiety (?!) during games and these are the apparent reasons he has struggled, you know it is time for a new start.

Latest posts

Back