Madge Maguire - Mega Thread

I think a lot of people on this forum , have got it all wrong , the board nor the chairman don’t coach the football team , they may be behind us not signing players , but the buck falls at the coaches feet . How can anyone on this forum support Madge when in the last 3 years our defence has gone from bad to out right pathetic, and our attack is nothing to right home about , all year I have sat and watched our defence do the must dum shit , yet it never changes so what the hell is the coach doing , he’s not addressing the situation or the players refuse to listen , then it’s his fault for not dropping them , the job of the coach is to coach and direct the team , and let’s face it , Madge has failed , not to do with the board , that’s not to say there are useless but that another story .

@pawsandclaws1 said in [Madge Maguire \- Mega Thread](/post/1481401) said:
@weststigerman said in [Madge Maguire \- Mega Thread](/post/1481380) said:
Based on a lot of posts it’s safe to say some are in denial about Madge keeping his job.

The predictable future of 2022 is those same posters will credit Sheens for anything good on field and for the bad they will blame Maguire.

And they'd be correct!

Who did they credit for anything bad in 2012 and anything good in that same year? David Kidwell?

Some homework for you go watch round 18 2011 vs parramatta and tell me that side looks like a finalist team. (Full game is on you tube)

@pawsandclaws1 said in [Madge Maguire \- Mega Thread](/post/1481401) said:
Based on a lot of posts it’s safe to say some are in denial about Madge keeping his job.

The predictable future of 2022 is those same posters will credit Sheens for anything good on field and for the bad they will blame Maguire.

And they'd be correct!

Of course they would be and Im sure you’ll find another player to blame for Brooks’ underperformance next year. I’m gonna go with “Hastings is too loud and makes Brooks go into his shell”.

@bptiger-0 said in [Madge Maguire \- Mega Thread](/post/1481409) said:
I think a lot of people on this forum , have got it all wrong , the board nor the chairman don’t coach the football team , they may be behind us not signing players , but the buck falls at the coaches feet . How can anyone on this forum support Madge when in the last 3 years our defence has gone from bad to out right pathetic, and our attack is nothing to right home about , all year I have sat and watched our defence do the must dum shit , yet it never changes so what the hell is the coach doing , he’s not addressing the situation or the players refuse to listen , then it’s his fault for not dropping them , the job of the coach is to coach and direct the team , and let’s face it , Madge has failed , not to do with the board , that’s not to say there are useless but that another story .

Except the overall function of the organisation operates more like a piece of machinery, with each part influencing the next. A train of events if you may. Our CEO, Coach and GM are like the conductors of the club and team performances - corporate and footy departments.
So if WTs credibility and reputation are shot due to past incompetence it's ultimately up to the board and Pascoe to sort this out. And if the team play like a group of busted arses, it's up to Hartigan and Madge to manage this area.

Please ignore if I'm a little off in my assessment.

@happy_tiger said in [Madge Maguire \- Mega Thread](/post/1481226) said:
@innsaneink said in [Madge Maguire \- Mega Thread](/post/1480667) said:
@happy_tiger said in [Madge Maguire \- Mega Thread](/post/1480431) said:
@innsaneink said in [Madge Maguire \- Mega Thread](/post/1479966) said:
@happy_tiger said in [Madge Maguire \- Mega Thread](/post/1479845) said:
@frullens said in [Madge Maguire \- Mega Thread](/post/1479761) said:
@cochise said in [Madge Maguire \- Mega Thread](/post/1479755) said:
@frullens said in [Madge Maguire \- Mega Thread](/post/1479731) said:
@wt2019 said in [Madge Maguire \- Mega Thread](/post/1479716) said:
@hugh1954 said in [Madge Maguire \- Mega Thread](/post/1479472) said:
Whats Rowdy doing these days , a bucket load of his determination wouldnt go astray about now

Yeah I was thinking the same. A lot of talk around Robbie but not much about Rowdy. Maybe his business interests and the crap he allegely copped from Pascoe to extend before his last year is a blocker. He is probably the most qualified and genuine former WT player of recent times. Also, A one club player from MacArthur region .

I always like him as a player- but dont you think he's too quiet? Doesn't have that same leadership quality and passion that Farah has.

Rowdy is a wonderful leader.

Its great if we need a strong core of ex WT players around the boys to help build a strong WT culture

Who do we have?

Chris Lawrence - NRL Career Coach
Simon Dwyer — NRL Video Analyst
John Skandalis — Sponsorship Sales Executive

Robbie Farah - Blue shirt and hooked coach
Pat Richards - is he still coaching kicking?

Glad to see ex WT's players don't get preferential treatment

Still bringing the band back together .....this club ...never mind ..they never learn ...how will this club learn new ways to change the old bad ways if we keep hiring from within

I never seen a group of stupider numbnuts in my entire life .....( the board ..not the ex players )

Helps build a good culture imo... I'm for it

Our culture sucks ink
* list item

Thats why theyre trying to improve it...

With blokes who wouldnt know consistency from incontinence

How do you know their ability on their roles?

@tyga said in [Madge Maguire \- Mega Thread](/post/1481359) said:
@cochise said in [Madge Maguire \- Mega Thread](/post/1480663) said:
@thedaboss said in [Madge Maguire \- Mega Thread](/post/1480655) said:
people are pointing fingers at AD for liking a post about Madge.......

he is not the only one

![c0999e3b-01e4-4bd8-a23f-79acb839dfe6-image.png](/assets/uploads/files/1632540319874-c0999e3b-01e4-4bd8-a23f-79acb839dfe6-image.png)

so now we gonna have shots at tamou and ken now ?

That post is not being critical of anyone in the club?

You notice how our best players support the coach. I’ve been saying this for a while sack Madge and good luck. Our club has a low iq I’m a punter and know what’s happening at the club. How the hell don’t they know what’s going on.
They are asleep at the wheel.

Well said

I also think a lot of people have got it wrong too !
Neither the board, the GM or the coach put the jersey on and run onto a playing field and dish up pathetic performances.
I'm pretty sure the coach hasn't missed a single tackle all season.
But you are right about our defence. Yes, it is pathetic. I have done some research and discovered that Madge, the board AND Pascoe haven't missed a single tackle all year. But I have uncovered the culprits. IT'S THE PLAYERS.
They are first grade. They shouldn't need anyone to show them how to tackle.
The ones you watch doing the dumb shit are indeed the ones who take the blame for our "pathetic" defence.

The thing is, there won't be much good.

@tiger-tarl said in [Madge Maguire \- Mega Thread](/post/1481393) said:
@harvey said in [Madge Maguire \- Mega Thread](/post/1481378) said:
![d5726d8c-da0f-440e-8c5c-d661466f66c7-image.png](/assets/uploads/files/1632621895081-d5726d8c-da0f-440e-8c5c-d661466f66c7-image.png)

Maybe Bellamy can be our assistant coach. ;)

Hahahahahah no one can possibly believe this right....

@innsaneink said in [Madge Maguire \- Mega Thread](/post/1481483) said:
@happy_tiger said in [Madge Maguire \- Mega Thread](/post/1481226) said:
@innsaneink said in [Madge Maguire \- Mega Thread](/post/1480667) said:
@happy_tiger said in [Madge Maguire \- Mega Thread](/post/1480431) said:
@innsaneink said in [Madge Maguire \- Mega Thread](/post/1479966) said:
@happy_tiger said in [Madge Maguire \- Mega Thread](/post/1479845) said:
@frullens said in [Madge Maguire \- Mega Thread](/post/1479761) said:
@cochise said in [Madge Maguire \- Mega Thread](/post/1479755) said:
@frullens said in [Madge Maguire \- Mega Thread](/post/1479731) said:
@wt2019 said in [Madge Maguire \- Mega Thread](/post/1479716) said:
@hugh1954 said in [Madge Maguire \- Mega Thread](/post/1479472) said:
Whats Rowdy doing these days , a bucket load of his determination wouldnt go astray about now

Yeah I was thinking the same. A lot of talk around Robbie but not much about Rowdy. Maybe his business interests and the crap he allegely copped from Pascoe to extend before his last year is a blocker. He is probably the most qualified and genuine former WT player of recent times. Also, A one club player from MacArthur region .

I always like him as a player- but dont you think he's too quiet? Doesn't have that same leadership quality and passion that Farah has.

Rowdy is a wonderful leader.

Its great if we need a strong core of ex WT players around the boys to help build a strong WT culture

Who do we have?

Chris Lawrence - NRL Career Coach
Simon Dwyer — NRL Video Analyst
John Skandalis — Sponsorship Sales Executive

Robbie Farah - Blue shirt and hooked coach
Pat Richards - is he still coaching kicking?

Glad to see ex WT's players don't get preferential treatment

Still bringing the band back together .....this club ...never mind ..they never learn ...how will this club learn new ways to change the old bad ways if we keep hiring from within

I never seen a group of stupider numbnuts in my entire life .....( the board ..not the ex players )

Helps build a good culture imo... I'm for it

Our culture sucks ink
* list item

Thats why theyre trying to improve it...

With blokes who wouldnt know consistency from incontinence

How do you know their ability on their roles?

Club needs different ideas and a different mentality Ink ...if we dont try and change things we will simply slip further into the swamp

@swooping-magpie said in [Madge Maguire \- Mega Thread](/post/1478758) said:
@gallagher said in [Madge Maguire \- Mega Thread](/post/1478469) said:
@cochise said in [Madge Maguire \- Mega Thread](/post/1478467) said:
@jai_donaldson said in [Madge Maguire \- Mega Thread](/post/1478459) said:
@cultured_bogan said in [Madge Maguire \- Mega Thread](/post/1478441) said:
@fibrodreaming said in [Madge Maguire \- Mega Thread](/post/1478438) said:
@lidcombe_magpie1 said in [Madge Maguire \- Mega Thread](/post/1478431) said:
Apart from Farah I can’t think of anyone who fits the bill?

Rowdy

Absolutely. Wouldn't blame Rowdy if he didn't want to ever step through the doors again for us though. We wasted his career.

Pat Richards would be another I'd love to see involved more with the club.

Both Rowdy and Pat Richards are employed by the club. It is weird, we use our former players so poorly, you never ever hear from any of them, even the ones employed by the club. We have a wealth of former players who would talk positively about the club and counter some of the negative rubbish that gets driven by Blocker, Benny and co. Using our own former players will build the identity of the club, at the moment it is like a player stops playing for us and they cease to exist. I spoke to Galloway at an Ambush event earlier in the year and asked him about his current involvement and he said he absolutely no involvement with the club but you could tell there was a desire to be involved.

Why isn't the club using these guys to generate positive stories about the club.

Because we're run by nimrods?

Wasn't Nimrod a biblical figure known as a mighty man?

According to google Nimrod was the great grandson of NOAH.
And he is associated with the building of the famed Tower Of Babel. He intended to build it high enough to enable him to reach Paradise.

@go_you_good_things said in [Madge Maguire \- Mega Thread](/post/1481487) said:

I also think a lot of people have got it wrong too !
Neither the board, the GM or the coach put the jersey on and run onto a playing field and dish up pathetic performances.
I'm pretty sure the coach hasn't missed a single tackle all season.
But you are right about our defence. Yes, it is pathetic. I have done some research and discovered that Madge, the board AND Pascoe haven't missed a single tackle all year. But I have uncovered the culprits. IT'S THE PLAYERS.
They are first grade. They shouldn't need anyone to show them how to tackle.
The ones you watch doing the dumb shit are indeed the ones who take the blame for our "pathetic" defence.

While I agree with you, the club accepts those standards when they don’t act. See what the Roosters do when a player doesn’t measure up? JTJ should be a memory at this club and our second rowers should really be on notice. I suspect we will see the same issues next year and that’s a weakness as we can’t seem to hold players accountable for poor performance.

When Maguire retired from playing he initially left the game and taught physical education before signing as a strength and conditioning coach for Canberra.

He later became an assistant coach for the Raiders' reserve grade under Mal Meninga.

Maguire was eventually promoted to assistant coach of the Canberra first team alongside Matthew Elliott, before leaving the club in 2004 to take the assistant coaching job at Melbourne Storm under a former Raiders teammate, Craig Bellamy.

Maguire was an integral part in Melbourne's stripped NRL premierships and took control of first team affairs when head coach Bellamy took up representative duties for the Blues in State of Origin.

Some of Maguire's statistics, for me it's abit alarming seeing our win ratio very low.

![Capture.PNG](/assets/uploads/files/1632719115866-capture.png)

So seeing this, you could say its the culture of the club and the lazy players - or you could say that Maguire has been out of the NRL for awhile and cant adjust to it anymore?

For me... I think its the lazy players we currently have and the cattle we can never get.

@djg-tiger said in [Madge Maguire \- Mega Thread](/post/1481785) said:
When Maguire retired from playing he initially left the game and taught physical education before signing as a strength and conditioning coach for Canberra.

He later became an assistant coach for the Raiders' reserve grade under Mal Meninga.

Maguire was eventually promoted to assistant coach of the Canberra first team alongside Matthew Elliott, before leaving the club in 2004 to take the assistant coaching job at Melbourne Storm under a former Raiders teammate, Craig Bellamy.

Maguire was an integral part in Melbourne's stripped NRL premierships and took control of first team affairs when head coach Bellamy took up representative duties for the Blues in State of Origin.

Some of Maguire's statistics, for me it's abit alarming seeing our win ratio very low.

So seeing this, you could say its the culture of the club and the lazy players - or you could say that Maguire has been out of the NRL for awhile and cant adjust to it anymore?

For me... I think its the lazy players we currently have and the cattle we can never get.

It’s the roster pure and simple.

@mike said in [Madge Maguire \- Mega Thread](/post/1481786) said:

Punt them …especially brooks

What was his excuse at Souths in 2016 and 2017? They came 12th both seasons then Seibold got essentially the same roster to 3rd the following year.

@avocadoontoast said in [Madge Maguire \- Mega Thread](/post/1481788) said:

What was his excuse at Souths in 2016 and 2017? They came 12th both seasons then Seibold got essentially the same roster to 3rd the following year.

why is that downvoted? fair enough question i think.

So I had a look at the side in 2017 vs us.. we lost 8 - 28

![6603314f-82d6-4e3f-abf4-b5438507f963-image.png](/assets/uploads/files/1632720358277-6603314f-82d6-4e3f-abf4-b5438507f963-image.png)

In 2016.. we won 30-14

![603698c2-919c-4fc3-bf8b-7228d345c2cd-image.png](/assets/uploads/files/1632720514983-603698c2-919c-4fc3-bf8b-7228d345c2cd-image.png)

Tim Sheens maybe able to shed some light on that re 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009.

@telltails said in [Madge Maguire \- Mega Thread](/post/1481795) said:

Tim Sheens maybe able to shed some light on that re 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009.

But that's deflecting - we're not talking about Sheens. Mike said his excuse for 2019-2021 is the roster, and i'm asking what the excuse was for 2016 and 2017. It's a reasonable question.

Latest posts

Staff online

Back