Madge Maguire - Mega Thread

@tony-soprano said in [Madge Maguire \- Mega Thread](/post/1517403) said:
@tbones10 said in [Madge Maguire \- Mega Thread](/post/1517393) said:
I honestly think the club can challenge for the 8, but not with Maguire in charge. He has proven time and again
* that he coaches the team he wants not the team he has;
* is unable to draw effort out of the players;
* his game plans are rigid and set for 2014 style of play not 2022;
* he doesn't hold players accountable for sub standard performances; ( e.g.Nofo lets in 2.3 tries for every one he scores)
* for the forwards he recruits the same player focusing on size, strength and not stamina or line speed (Stefano not included)

Sheenius isn't the answer (those of us that are old enough know why), Gardiner is to inexperienced, they need to look at Morris, Cartwright, Furner, Ciraldo, Henry or Parrish. If the management of the club haven't started looking for Madges replacement, then they are part of the problem.

See how the start of the year pans out bud.

Doubt at sheens age and the job he already holds, will throw hat in coach mix.

If madge doesn't work next year I'd go a younger coach that will allow sheens to assist a lot more with coaching

The Club appears to be putting the systems and support in place to have the option of bringing in a young coach such as Ciraldo if it doesn't work in 2022.

@pawsandclaws1 said in [Madge Maguire \- Mega Thread](/post/1517419) said:
@tony-soprano said in [Madge Maguire \- Mega Thread](/post/1517403) said:
I honestly think the club can challenge for the 8, but not with Maguire in charge. He has proven time and again
* he doesn't hold players accountable for sub standard performances; ( e.g.Nofo lets in 2.3 tries for every one he scores)
* for the forwards he recruits the same player focusing on size, strength and not stamina or line speed (Stefano not included)

Sheenius isn't the answer (those of us that are old enough know why), Gardiner is to inexperienced, they need to look at Morris, Cartwright, Furner, Ciraldo, Henry or Parrish. If the management of the club haven't started looking for Madges replacement, then they are part of the problem.

See how the start of the year pans out bud.

Doubt at sheens age and the job he already holds, will throw hat in coach mix.

If madge doesn't work next year I'd go a younger coach that will allow sheens to assist a lot more with coaching

The Club appears to be putting the systems and support in place to have the option of bringing in a young coach such as Ciraldo if it doesn't work in 2022.

100% Gardiner takes over if Madge is gone

:-1:

Squad ability is part of the battle. Team cohesion and mental toughness the key ingredient.

Can the coaching squad get them playing as one and with spirit will be the only thing that makes a difference in 2022.

Great point but I look at it differently. He wants them to play the way that is sustainable, the way that wins and the way that everyone wants this club to play. If the players can't put in the effort, they can be moved on. And now with a proper coaching pathway as well, junior coaches can nurture the juniors in that way too.

On the other hand, great coaches like Bennett and Hasler are able to get the best out of the team in front of them, whereas Madge definitely hasn't.

I wonder if the reason our recruitment has improved for 2023 may be a suggestion that the current coach will not be around at that time.

@harvey said in [Madge Maguire \- Mega Thread](/post/1517693) said:
I wonder if the reason our recruitment has improved for 2023 may be a suggestion that the current coach will not be around at that time.

Funnily enough our best recruit for 2023 has first hand knowledge about our coach having been coached by him,so i would say your speculation is erronous

I don't believe Belly, Bennett or even Robinson could of done better with the squad Madge has had over the last 3 years. We need to give Madge a chance with better players and then judge..

@hsvjones said in [Madge Maguire \- Mega Thread](/post/1517797) said:
I don't believe Belly, Bennett or even Robinson could of done better with the squad Madge has had over the last 3 years. We need to give Madge a chance with better players and then judge..

Bit of a catch 22 situation, Madge doesn’t seem to be able to attract players, he is going to have to develop them.

He has now had most of the young players for at least 2 years. The time for excuses is over.

@tig_prmz said in [Madge Maguire \- Mega Thread](/post/1517689) said:

Great point but I look at it differently. He wants them to play the way that is sustainable, the way that wins and the way that everyone wants this club to play. If the players can't put in the effort, they can be moved on. And now with a proper coaching pathway as well, junior coaches can nurture the juniors in that way too.

On the other hand, great coaches like Bennett and Hasler are able to get the best out of the team in front of them, whereas Madge definitely hasn't.

Better players help … Bennett flopped with Newcastle and Hasler, eventually, with the Bulldogs.

They have a side that may challenge the eight because of Madge.
Firstly he took over a side that was full of old, hasbeen players on long contracts. That was not Madge's fault. Madge did what he had to do , clean out the dead wood , which he did. The pathways was a complete mess prior to Madge, look at Pathways now, our lower grades are the best they have been prior to JT turning up at the club. Last year he got together a team that was basically, the most young, inexperienced team in the competition, have hardly played a game together, . Of course they look like a team with no cohesion, that was expected, however a lot of our young players improved, look at Laurie, Stefano, Blore, Douehie, Talau, Luciano (all have improved under Madge), these players were not even first graders or at least regular first graders, before they came here, then you have Liddle, coming back from a horrific injury, he will be even better this year.
You wankers that get on board the Tele and Fox express, and believe in the dribble and constant crap. They try to derail the Wests Tigers constantly, and some of you people get blinded by it. Honestly your not supporters your just baggers.

@hsvjones said in [Madge Maguire \- Mega Thread](/post/1517797) said:

They would have lol at our players

I do feel for Madge, he is in a no win situation. Failure is on him, success will be a result of Sheens being brought in.

This narrative is already unfolding when it comes to 2022 recruitment.

Madge wasnt to blame for poor leadership and descissions on the feild in 22.

The players and the salary cap henlanded with would cripple Bennett or Bellamy.

The thing i respect most about Madge is the Hard work and Practice ethic.

We do the stuff on the practice feild and then execute in a game. Its simple.

I would lke to see Madge judged on 2023 and not on 2022.

@tigers_tale said in [Madge Maguire \- Mega Thread](/post/1517806) said:

Firstly he took over a side that was full of old, hasbeen players on long contracts. That was not Madge's fault. Madge did what he had to do , clean out the dead wood , which he did. The pathways was a complete mess prior to Madge, look at Pathways now, our lower grades are the best they have been prior to JT turning up at the club. Last year he got together a team that was basically, the most young, inexperienced team in the competition, have hardly played a game together, . Of course they look like a team with no cohesion, that was expected, however a lot of our young players improved, look at Laurie, Stefano, Blore, Douehie, Talau, Luciano (all have improved under Madge), these players were not even first graders or at least regular first graders, before they came here, then you have Liddle, coming back from a horrific injury, he will be even better this year.
You wankers that get on board the Tele and Fox express, and believe in the dribble and constant crap. They try to derail the Wests Tigers constantly, and some of you people get blinded by it. Honestly your not supporters your just baggers.

Love it

@spartan117 said in [Madge Maguire \- Mega Thread](/post/1517866) said:

@spartan117 said in [Madge Maguire \- Mega Thread](/post/1517866) said:

"22 hasn't even kicked off yet ...bit hard to judge how we will go on the field decision wise..

@harvey said in [Madge Maguire \- Mega Thread](/post/1517862) said:
I do feel for Madge, he is in a no win situation. Failure is on him, success will be a result of Sheens being brought in.

This narrative is already unfolding when it comes to 2022 recruitment.

Sheens can now capitalize on the work Madge put in and clearing the deck,obviously Sheens will get the credit,while he sat in England waiting to come here,Madge was getting belted from pillar to post trying to field a competative team and righting the cap....

@geo said in [Madge Maguire \- Mega Thread](/post/1517873) said:
@spartan117 said in Madge Maguire - Mega Thread said:

"22 hasn’t even kicked off yet …bit hard to judge how we will go on the field decision wise…

Based on 21, our recruitment, the perceived progress of our competitors. I think its pretty clear that were in the bottom part of the curve in terms of rebuild.

Im thinking that 22 will be rough with rays of sunshine

@tigers_tale said in [Madge Maguire \- Mega Thread](/post/1517806) said:

Good post, expectations need to be realistic.

Back