Michael Tannous

nrlsurvivor

Anyone know what happened to Mikey Tannous? He did his ACL shortly after training with the first grade squad in the off-season and I haven’t heard anything since. He’s not even listed on the SG ball or Jersey Flagg squad lists… After viewing the kids highlights I thought he had the potential to be the Benji-like saviour that could turn this clubs fortunes around… Does anyone affiliated with the club know if he’s still in the system?

@nrlsurvivor said in [Michael Tannous](/post/1472929) said:
Anyone know what happened to Mikey Tannous? He did his ACL shortly after training with the first grade squad in the off-season and I haven’t heard anything since. He’s not even listed on the SG ball or Jersey Flagg squad lists… After viewing the kids highlights I thought he had the potential to be the Benji-like saviour that could turn this clubs fortunes around… Does anyone affiliated with the club know if he’s still in the system?

Last I read he had a serious injury and would return next year.

Not sure what updates you're expecting on a kid coming back from ACL. He should be right for pre-season.

@balmain-boy said in [Michael Tannous](/post/1472939) said:

Not sure what updates you're expecting on a kid coming back from ACL. He should be right for pre-season.

I hope so. I was just concerned that he wasn’t listed on any of the official squad lists anymore.

@nrlsurvivor said in [Michael Tannous](/post/1472942) said:
@balmain-boy said in [Michael Tannous](/post/1472939) said:

I hope so. I was just concerned that he wasn’t listed on any of the official squad lists anymore.

We haven't got any squad lists for 2022 yet other than the NRL squad. And there likely won't be for months

If there was ever a good time to be a young player and do an ACL it's during a COVID period. Looking forward to seeing what he can do next year.

From all reports this kid is next Benji .. im sure Tim Sheens will be glad to help bring this young kid up into the NRL like he did with Benji.

Do we still have William Kei on our books a junior last year (Jonah Lomu's nephew) he's big, agile and fast .. and a fair dinkum centre that we will need .. !! Here's hoping he comes through for us this year.

These two young blokes i'd like see come through .. !!

@tigerskins said in [Michael Tannous](/post/1472973) said:
From all reports this kid is next Benji .. im sure Tim Sheens will be glad to help bring this young kid up into the NRL like he did with Benji.

Do we still have William Kei on our books a junior last year (Jonah Lomu's nephew) he's big, agile and fast .. and a fair dinkum centre that we will need .. !! Here's hoping he comes through for us this year.

Yes we still have Kei. Hopefully he has a big offseason because from the Flegg games I saw, Scolari is the more impressive winger of the two - mind you Scolari can play but he's consistently determined in his state of play, whereas Kei tends to sit back a bit more, but can finish a try off.

@willow said in [Michael Tannous](/post/1473086) said:

Yes we still have Kei. Hopefully he has a big offseason because from the Flegg games I saw, Scolari is the more impressive winger of the two - mind you Scolari can play but he's consistently determined in his state of play, whereas Kei tends to sit back a bit more, but can finish a try off.

Thought Kei was more a centre ?

@demps said in [Michael Tannous](/post/1473090) said:

Can play centre but was used on the wing more in Flegg - but we had quality centres in Flegg too.

@willow said in [Michael Tannous](/post/1473094) said:

Can play centre but was used on the wing more in Flegg - but we had quality centres in Flegg too.

doesn't bode well that a bloke on a development contract can't get a start in the centres over two players on flegg contracts but. Fuatimau and Ogden are great players but I certainly expected better from Kei.

@jrtiger said in [Michael Tannous](/post/1473115) said:
@willow said in [Michael Tannous](/post/1473094) said:

doesn't bode well that a bloke on a development contract can't get a start in the centres over two players on flegg contracts but. Fuatimau and Ogden are great players but I certainly expected better from Kei.

It's going to come down to how much he wants it - he's got talent, but that only takes you so far unless the competitive desire is there with it, and that's where he lacks from what I've seen. If he can play with the same determination and heart as Scolari, well this situation changes completely.

My understanding is that Tannous is very much in the clubs plans. His whole family are tigers fans so you’d hope we can work it out

Im told he is ready...get him into the spine ASAP even at 14
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am8FYKjl3Pc

@weststigers2021 said in [Michael Tannous](/post/1503409) said:

How old is he, and isnt he coming of an ACL? Big call.

@tiger5150 said in [Michael Tannous](/post/1503416) said:

No idea to be honest but he looks good and if he is fit and well surely we give him a crack

He's 19, still in the rehab group at the moment with the guys in this pic and a few others but will be fit for Round 1.

Did his ACL in an U/19's pre-season trial for Balmain.

On the far left in this pic.

![IMG_0745.jpg](/assets/uploads/files/1636355856280-img_0745.jpg)

@kingrobbie said in [Michael Tannous](/post/1503421) said:

He's 19, still in the rehab group at the moment with the guys in this pic and a few others but will be fit for Round 1.

Did his ACL in an U/19's pre-season trial for Balmain.

On the far left in this pic.

![IMG_0745.jpg](/assets/uploads/files/1636355856280-img_0745.jpg)

Ok, so he is 19yo, recovering from an ACL and wont get a pre-season in this year. Its a no from me. Its a bit much to expect and too much for a young kid

Keep in mind this was from one of his family members however I’d been told the club was so impressed with his pre season and his data (apparently in the top few of the club, from a guy who’s never been fulltime) that they had spoken about offering him a fulltime contract last year. They told me it was for NRL but I’m assuming they meant development

Back