No FIFITA?

Firstly your contention in relation to the burning of body fat is incorrect. The amount of glycogen a person has on board and the nature of the excercise will determine when a person begins to use stored fat as an energy source. Indeed it may be 30 minutes for a walker, or some similarly low key activity. Rugby League players however reach their lactate thresholds fairly quickly because it is a very high intensity excercise that uses massive amounts of calories per minute.
>
Given that first grade pace and intensity is somewhat higher than State Cup I think it easily argued that Fifita will benefit immensely, provide the coach gives him at least 15 minutes per half. The rewards IMO, absolutely outweigh the perceived 'risks'. There is a clear difference in the skill sets of the two players.
>
Not sure where you are going with your last comment, don't think Galloway would draw much satisfaction from 'scraping' a 14 year old off his shoe

Fifita's issue is his stored bodyfat level, he's not cutting it in terms of skin fold measurements. To burn stored bodyfat levels, low to moderate exercise is the best option. Having said that Rugby League is not moderate as you say. Fifita is not going to burn as much fat playing 30 minutes in FG as he would playing 60 minutes in State Cup. You are right in the difference between the two skill sets, fact is Galloway is a much better defender who reads the play better and has a higher woorkrate, whereas at the moment Fifita will not last 30 minutes in FG because his cardio and match fitness is not up to scratch, and that's why he's playing State Cup.

And yes, you're right about my last comment, I'm sure Galloway wouldn't waste his time with someone who clearly doesn't know what he's talking about.

@innsaneink said:
@smeghead said:
The fact that Fifita has put on fat whilst with the NRL squad would have to be a major concern.

A player good for 10 minute spurts is no use in the NRL

I'd like to know where this all started, apparently he gains 10kg looking at chicken wings :unamused:
Is there any factual basis to this or just another forum myth

He failed a skinfold measurement and needs to get back to his target playing weight before he'll get a run in FG Ink. Both Fifita boys love their food and mentioned it was one of their weaknesses in an interview earlier this year (I think it was in Rugby League Week magazine). If they're not careful with what they eat, they blow out quite quickly with the build they have. Lui is in the same boat, when he visits his family in far North Queensland they eat a lot of turtles which are a delicacy, however they are very high in fat and Lui also has to work very hard to watch his weight.

Do you think George Rose would pass our skin fold test ??? I don`t think so, but he`d be a real handy player if he was on our roster. When you consider we normally only play with 3 interchange players in any case, we could do a lot worse than give Andrew Fifita 2 x 15 minute spurts each game.

@willow said:
Firstly your contention in relation to the burning of body fat is incorrect. The amount of glycogen a person has on board and the nature of the excercise will determine when a person begins to use stored fat as an energy source. Indeed it may be 30 minutes for a walker, or some similarly low key activity. Rugby League players however reach their lactate thresholds fairly quickly because it is a very high intensity excercise that uses massive amounts of calories per minute.
>
Given that first grade pace and intensity is somewhat higher than State Cup I think it easily argued that Fifita will benefit immensely, provide the coach gives him at least 15 minutes per half. The rewards IMO, absolutely outweigh the perceived 'risks'. There is a clear difference in the skill sets of the two players.
>
Not sure where you are going with your last comment, don't think Galloway would draw much satisfaction from 'scraping' a 14 year old off his shoe

Fifita's issue is his stored bodyfat level, he's not cutting it in terms of skin fold measurements. To burn stored bodyfat levels, low to moderate exercise is the best option. Having said that Rugby League is not moderate as you say. Fifita is not going to burn as much fat playing 30 minutes in FG as he would playing 60 minutes in State Cup. You are right in the difference between the two skill sets, fact is Galloway is a much better defender who reads the play better and has a higher woorkrate, whereas at the moment Fifita will not last 30 minutes in FG because his cardio and match fitness is not up to scratch, and that's why he's playing State Cup.

And yes, you're right about my last comment, I'm sure Galloway wouldn't waste his time with someone who clearly doesn't know what he's talking about.

willow KG usually comes off after 17-20 minutes in the first half comes back on 5 mins before half time then usually plays to about the 60-65 minute mark and thats it for him…his game time usually tallys between 40-50 minutes and producing around 10 runs a game......

we all know fifitas weight issues but TBH i think its a bit of a cop out from sheens...not all footballers are gonna be cut outta stone....fifita is one of these....IMO if he can play 30 minutes at this point of his career then he should be in FG...also consider that skando who replaced him barely played 20 mins in both games he played

did anyone notice when the tigers were struggling to make ground and go forward in their own quarter ,Keith did the old fashion play,tucked the ball under his arm and just ran straight and hard.It was not only required but refreshing to see as all the tiger decoy runs,dummies and inside passes sure serve there purpose ,but nearly every play makes them predictable for the opposition.Bring in Fifita and Moors and let them rip in rather than use zero impact players.

Turtle's ….. :laughing: :laughing:

aah.... :laughing:

sorry

Oh...Ron...In the game against Manly ...We leaked 18 points in Fifita's 15 min stint...

What was the final score again..?

I remember another prop that had weight problems - Blocker Roach! Rarely injured but often suspended.

I also remember a fit and lean second rower - Ian Roberts - often injured.

I'll take my props with fat thanks….no matter whether they play 8 minutes or 80! If I am running full on (allegedly) at a defensive line then I want a little pudding to absorb the impact.

Could someone please pass me another donut.

@ron burgandy said:
@willow said:
>
>

willow KG usually comes off after 17-20 minutes in the first half comes back on 5 mins before half time then usually plays to about the 60-65 minute mark and thats it for him…his game time usually tallys between 40-50 minutes and producing around 10 runs a game......

we all know fifitas weight issues but TBH i think its a bit of a cop out from sheens...not all footballers are gonna be cut outta stone....fifita is one of these....IMO if he can play 30 minutes at this point of his career then he should be in FG...also consider that skando who replaced him barely played 20 mins in both games he played

I understand what you're saying ron, aside from Fifita's fitness, his defense is an issue too. He was found out against Manly and that's why he only had such a short stint. Even against the Central Coast he was arm grabbing a lot, you just can't afford to do that in FG. A bloke his size should be driving hard with his legs and shoulder and burying blokes. We've all seen how hard he is to stop when he gets one on one with someone and uses his fend, he's got natural strength but needs to learn to use it properly and effectively.

@innsaneink said:
@smeghead said:
The fact that Fifita has put on fat whilst with the NRL squad would have to be a major concern.

A player good for 10 minute spurts is no use in the NRL

I'd like to know where this all started, apparently he gains 10kg looking at chicken wings :unamused:
Is there any factual basis to this or just another forum myth

No Myth Ink…

We were sitting behind him on the bench a few weeks ago and while we were eating a Hotdogs, he kept looking at my boy. It was then I realised he was swelling up some. My boy was worried he was gona eat him!!!

So as you can see, something must be done to ensure this problem is fixed...

:deadhorse: - BBQ at Fifita's

@Vicious said:
Do you think George Rose would pass our skin fold test ??? I don`t think so, but he`d be a real handy player if he was on our roster. When you consider we normally only play with 3 interchange players in any case, we could do a lot worse than give Andrew Fifita 2 x 15 minute spurts each game.

Totally agree. Fifita should be in the team based on his ability. I don't care if he is a lardass and the coaching staff shouldn't either.

As for his ability to keep going I don't think that his conditioning has anything to do with him carrying a couple extra kgs.

I probably give it to Sheens more than most but Iam with him 100% on Fifita. If the kid wants to be more than a one season wonder he has to learn whats required to be a good NRL footballer. He started off in a blaze of glory but since then his form has declined and the other teams are looking for him. That is to be expected of a young kid in his first season. Sheens has obviously said to him go and do the hard yards in the lower grades and we will look at you latter. He is also taking him away from the other teams radar and do not be suprized if he reintroduced latter in the season in the bigger games meaner and leaner as the x factor.

@supercoach said:
I probably give it to Sheens more than most but Iam with him 100% on Fifita. If the kid wants to be more than a one season wonder he has to learn whats required to be a good NRL footballer. He started off in a blaze of glory but since then his form has declined and the other teams are looking for him. That is to be expected of a young kid in his first season. Sheens has obviously said to him go and do the hard yards in the lower grades and we will look at you latter. He is also taking him away from the other teams radar and **do not be suprized if he reintroduced latter in the season in the bigger games meaner and leaner as the x factor.**

Thank You….

@Geo. said:
Turtle's ….. :laughing: :laughing:

aah.... :laughing:

sorry

Oh...Ron...In the game against Manly ...We leaked 18 points in Fifita's 15 min stint...

What was the final score again..?

yeah that was all fifita….ffs what a retarded comment...

hey ive never been attack by a bear because i always wear a hat outside....if i got attacked by a bear because i wasnt wearing a hat was it because i wasnt wearing a hat or i just happened to outside when a bear was about?

what i just posted makes about as much sense as your theory

@ron burgandy said:

hey ive never been attack by a bear because i always wear a hat outside....if i got attacked by a bear because i wasnt wearing a hat was it because i wasnt wearing a hat or i just happened to outside when a bear was about?

Nice analogy Ron. I'll have to try to remember that one next time you suggest that our fitness coach is responsible for us being top 4 immediately after being run over in the second half by the worst second half team in the comp.

If Sheens named 4 forwards on the bench, we wouldn't have to worry about Fifita only being able to play 2 x 15 minute bursts.

@Glennb said:
@ron burgandy said:

Nice analogy Ron. I'll have to try to remember that one next time you suggest that our fitness coach is responsible for us being top 4 immediately after being run over in the second half by the worst second half team in the comp.

he is as responsible as anyone else….overall we have competed and won more close games then in years past....has our attack changed? nope still play the same infact it maybe worse....our completeion rates this year are as bad as any other year yet we are winning games becuase we have the fitness to stick around now more then any other year.....folkes may not be directly responsible but his contribution physically and mentally to this team this year is undeniable as we have won more games by 7 or less this year then in the previous couple of years combined

P.S... i dont like you

He does sound cranky with you Ron - you aren't dating his Mrs are you?

@Tigersmurf said:
He does sound cranky with you Ron - you aren't dating his Mrs are you?

He is my E-stalker…talks about me even when im not in a thread....check the manchild thread if you want proof

Back