Nofo likely inclusion

I'd be bringing Nofa straight back for JAC without a doubt, but to lambast JAC for four errors, inferring he had some sort of shocker, would be wrong.
One was a bad pass from Naiqama after the intercept, another was him defending a kick.
Ignoring his try (basically catch and run), I was pretty impressed for a youngster playing his first ever game of FG. Defo something there to work with.

Tbh I don't think any of our other wingers would have scored that try. It was tapped way out in front of him and I doubt Rankin, Nofoaluma or anyone else would have been able to show the acceleration to get close enough to it to catch it.

I dont know where people are getting JACs stats from
NRL.com only shows 2 MT from 15 Tackles and no errors :confused:

http://www.nrl.com/telstrapremiership/playerstats/playerprofile/tabid/10898/clubid/15/playerid/6726/seasonid/44/default.aspx

I rate Nofo but not when he's below 100%.

His work rate and effectiveness really drop off then. I want him in the team but only when he is really firing.

JAC's enthusiasm and pace are excellent and I was looking forward to watching him play this weekend…

I have been biting my lip about Taylor but if he persists with a useless plodder like Malone ahead of someone with some raw ability like JAC I will be start calling for his demise rather shortly.

@MacDougall said:
Tbh I don't think any of our other wingers would have scored that try. It was tapped way out in front of him and I doubt Rankin, Nofoaluma or anyone else would have been able to show the acceleration to get close enough to it to catch it.

Milone has dropped at least two or three of those types in similar situations. Come on Jason be fair.

@MacDougall said:

Rankin maybe, but Nofo would have swallowed that one - scored a more difficult one against NZW in week 1.

After what i saw JAC do when in support of that line break last week, im not sure if he's got an ounce of a footballers brain in him.
That is a wingers bread and butter in that situation but he carried on like a prima donna english soccer player trying to jostle with the defender off the ball instead of just putting himself in a position to receive the pass, stuff like that at NRL level is unforgivable.
Talk about a butchered try.

And call me old fashioned or a killjoy but the way he carried on after scoring that try left a sour taste in my mouth, im all for being exited about scoring on debut but he carried on like an NFL/NBA star totally over the top. Buddy you're on debut, you haven't earned the right to carry on like that, if it was the match winning try in the last minute fine.

@ricksen said:
@MacDougall said:

Rankin maybe, but Nofo would have swallowed that one - scored a more difficult one against NZW in week 1.

I'm not so sure. I thought Dave looked back to speed at the start of this year, but I reckon he has slowed considerably already. I love his tackle busts and offloads, but he won't be scoring too many runaway tries. I wonder if he might be an eventual backrow convert.

@barra said:
I rate Nofo but not when he's below 100%.

His work rate and effectiveness really drop off then. I want him in the team but only when he is really firing.

JAC's enthusiasm and pace are excellent and I was looking forward to watching him play this weekend…

I agree Barra. I like to see JAC play first grade this week also. :supporter:

@TIGER said:
After what i saw JAC do when in support of that line break last week, im not sure if he's got an ounce of a footballers brain in him.
That is a wingers bread and butter in that situation but he carried on like a prima donna english soccer player trying to jostle with the defender off the ball instead of just putting himself in a position to receive the pass, stuff like that at NRL level is unforgivable.

And call me old fashioned or a killjoy but the way he carried on after scoring that try left a sour taste in my mouth, im all for being exited about scoring on debut but he carried on like an NFL/NBA star totally over the top. Buddy you're on debut, you haven't earned the right to carry on like that, if it was the match winning try in the last minute fine.

That's a pretty poor assessment it was Naiqama that butchered that try instead of heading away from Koro he should of headed towards Koro which would've freed JAC up, JAC could've then went inside or stayed outside and would've been in a position to score…

@Masterton said:
@ricksen said:
@MacDougall said:

I'm not so sure. I thought Dave looked back to speed at the start of this year, but I reckon he has slowed considerably already. I love his tackle busts and offloads, but he won't be scoring too many runaway tries. I wonder if he might be an eventual backrow convert.

Wait, are we talking about the try JAC scored or the intercept?

JAC plays one game and suddenly everyone thinks he's a better choice then Nofa :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
You're all dreaming.

@cat-party said:
JAC plays one game and suddenly everyone thinks he's a better choice then Nofa :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
You're all dreaming.

It's not that hard to imagine. Nofoaluma is good but he's way slower than Addo Carr, runs hard though. I'm not sold on it but I'd like to see more of Addo Carr.

Obviously both better than Rankin.

@MacDougall said:
@cat-party said:
You're all dreaming.

It's not that hard to imagine. Nofoaluma is good but he's way slower than Addo Carr, runs hard though. I'm not sold on it but I'd like to see more of Addo Carr.

Obviously both better than Rankin.

noffa is a great defender. cant replace that

and his a damn strong winger too, good at breaking tackles

@tigermac88 said:
@TIGER said:

That's a pretty poor assessment it was Naiqama that butchered that try instead of heading away from Koro he should of headed towards Koro which would've freed JAC up, JAC could've then went inside or stayed outside and would've been in a position to score…

I disagree, I think it's on JAC. Koro only ever had eyes for Kev, even when he was getting bumped off, if JAC held his line he strolls over. Admittedly it was a poor pass from Naiqama, but Addo-Carr didn't help him out one bit.

Back