Pathways

WT Chris Faagutu (Marsden SHS, No. 13) - The Australian and Queensland schoolboys No. 13 has the agility and pace of an edge forward. He is dynamic down the middle with his power and pace, and is a born leader on the field and at training.

Also mentions that at time of print, 2 of the best unsigned players were the Keebra Park centres the Lotaki brothers - Dorian and Taniela. Both have been named in Balmain’s SG Ball Summer squad for 2023.

“As one of three most sought-after young players for 2023, Jordan has agreed to undertake a pathways contract with West Tigers in 2023 and 2024.”
- Patrician Brothers College Fairfield Newsletter re Jordan Miller
and are those young players signing because of Marshall, Farah, Sheens?

TT if you put aside your ill feelings towards Sheens and Pascoe do you agree with this statement and vision.
Put it this way, if it were to come from someone with a good track record, would you buy into it?

We can all pick the superstar kids off the Highlight reels mate.
Out of the approximate 500 Current NRL players
How many were playing Origin at 19?
Seriously, Don't defend your stupidity with more stupidity...

We've signed Api and Papali'i and will make more signings....
That's hardly pinning our "Entire Future" You might be - I know I'm certainly not.

I can't count how many times I've said here - Kids won't teach Kids how to play NRL...
Honestly.. First time I've read it...
Good point tho

The decisions we make in the next 6-8 weeks probably shape our next 5 years. I have zero confidence they'll get it right but I'm praying they prove me wrong for once.

My point is that I know how much you dislike Sheens and your references to pathways as a coverup for his and the club's shortcomings but I put it to you if it was controlled by another coach and club would this be an issue.?
Penrith have done it and succeeded.
We are actually training a coach for the future which could be brilliant... we'll have to wait and see.
You bring up the point of inventing "pathways"
It's not knew, its been happening for a long time, junior development for another word.
I'm not blind, I've seen what you have seen. I'm not happy which other posters think I am.
I'm saying, are we going to just huff and puff all day, every day...more to life than that.
You said a few posts ago that you love the weststigers, what's your plan right now moving forward? Quit? Winge about the same stuff practically every post? Your an intelligent man and I do enjoy your posts about anything else other than the Sheens tirade, sadly they are far and few between.

It's not knew, its been happening for a long time, junior development for another word.
That's the problem - it hasn't been happening for a long time, at least not at WT. We completely dropped the ball and moved away from internal development about a decade ago - who knows why.
That we're now throwing resources towards our pathways and development is definitely a good thing, but it doesn't make up for the lost decade - of which Pascoe has presided over the majority.

That's the problem - it hasn't been happening for a long time, at least not at WT. We completely dropped the ball and moved away from internal development about a decade ago - who knows why.
That we're now throwing resources towards our pathways and development is definitely a good thing, but it doesn't make up for the lost decade - of which Pascoe has presided over the majority.
So whats your angle? Don't give it a chance?

Back