Politics Super Thread - keep it all in here

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is so screwed up. Someone is reading far right conspiracy theories and can't think for themselves.

I have no problems giving my wife half if we get divorced. Sometimes I think that could be unfair but only depending on what people put in. If you have a lazy ass wife then sure it mightn't be fair but I reckon men are just as likely if not more likely to be lazy.

Women have the right to abortion.

Honestly mate stop parroting right wing BS. It's poison and it's ignorant BS.

I'm not reading your ignorant far right dross anymore.

It's people like you that led to that kid killing all those black people on a shooting spree.
Jesus, the hatred within you is epic.
Go start a fight with some random and get it out of your system.

Anyone see Joe Rogan get sucked into fake news when he claimed it was against the law to grow your own food in NSW then literally have it debunked by his flunky doing his internet searches? Such a douchebag.

I will not be preferencing the Greens anywhere near the top on Saturday. They have run a wedge campaign on Labor and they have no interest in doing anything other than leeching votes from them in order to try and negotiate themselves into a position where they could hold a balance of power and force the ALP to engage in horse trading to pass policy.

Let's remember the Greens are apparently an environmental party that voted against a positive climate policy because "it didn't go far enough." They voted to do nothing instead of something. They do not care about the environment, and care more about wedging the Labor party for their own benefit. A party of opportunistic scumbags.

I hope if the ALP do take a majority they tell the wankers to jump and do not include them in any policy decisions. You bet dollar to a dime if they do, the Greens will change tact really quickly when they realise they have no mandate. Bandt is a smartarse and talking a tough game at the moment, but we'll see whether he has teeth when he is in no position of power.
Great post CB.

John Hewson doesn't miss Morrison or the Liberal party in this piece.

John Hewson doesn't miss Morrison or the Liberal party in this piece.

Interesting article that i had not read before from a man who was a moderate liberal and someone who reflected the values that many in the Coalition used to have,those days however have been lost due to an assault by the extreme right within the party (more than partly fueled by a desire to keep murdoch happy).Just about every point he makes has more than an element of truth.

Thanks Pascoe's - very good piece. Among many, the one I liked was -

"Morrison’s apparent inability to grasp the distinction between a personal belief system and an operative constitutional arrangement may simply be ignorance. To the best of my knowledge, no one has ever praised the current prime minister for his intellect, so the possibility that he does not understand a core principle of the Australian Constitution must remain open. Yet the incoherence itself is revealing."

Anyone see Joe Rogan get sucked into fake news when he claimed it was against the law to grow your own food in NSW then literally have it debunked by his flunky doing his internet searches? Such a douchebag.
Surely not serious?
Those yanks believe we live under Gestapo rule here eh?

Reactions: BZN

Read it a week or so back. The good thing is that the Pentecostals only have hold over a small percentage of the overall community and leaving aside the whole belief thing, most Aussies have decent BS detectors.

They have though way too much say in the Liberal party and hopefully come Sunday morning their vile version of religion no longer has undue influence in the halls of power and our lives as a result.

Read it a week or so back. The good thing is that the Pentecostals only have hold over a small percentage of the overall community and leaving aside the whole belief thing, most Aussies have decent BS detectors.

They have though way too much say in the Liberal party and hopefully come Sunday morning their vile version of religion no longer has undue influence in the halls of power and our lives as a result.
Can't disagree with much of this.

Considering the handouts favour the incumbent it's amazing the ALP is in the lead.

Probably a testament to Albanese being viewed as high in integrity.

Trouble is I would've preferred a few more major policy divergences aka Shorten but his running purely on an integrity platform pretty much so is the low view held in Morrison.

Last edited:
One thing for sure.

Looking at this thread Balmain supporters seem to be running 80% ALP.

Probably always was historically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Back