Pretenders

innsaneink

Our position does not reflect our play, our team, our football. It reflects the state of the competition i guess to an extent….

Its false.

If the Broncos had their big three we'd have been slaughtered...it wouldve been another souths game.

Corey parker MotM.
Man that team song was vey embarrassing...

So what how often have we been in the opposite position and not made the 8…er alot.so if we win ugly make the 8 bring it on.

We deserved to win because we won.

And what if we had our full strength team?
Moltz at #7 would make us much stronger

And bagging the etam song? Cmon u can do better than that

Yep. All season we really have not hit form.

We looked slow, dumb and unorganised out there today.

If we remain in the comp we can turn it around and win the whole thing but geez we are running out of time to start playing up to the level we need to be.

We can't beat Saints, we won't beat the Broncos with Lockyer.
Great we are winning the ugly ones, but real contenders…..nah.

So your dirty that we won? Rather we played great/solid and lost?
We get 2 points, stay near the top and work on improving next week…...
I would hate to do the washing up at your place with all those half empty glasses

thats alright, they wouldnt beat us with Moltz…

fact is we won... we played with the cards we were dealt....

i agree ink….our position is very fabricated...we played crap tonight and jagged a win....just like the roosters did to us in rnd 7...full circle tonight.....if the last 2 weeks werent a wake up call to this team then nothing will be.....

We're winning the ugly ones against teams that are terrible.
I really hope that we can lift when we actually need to. Judging by tonight i'm not that confident though.

yes, we played ordinary [and that is being kind] but we pulled the 2 points out the fire.

They had all the ball, all the field position and all the calls from the men from opsm.

So you would rather we lost then tonight?

how is it fabricated…doesnt matter if u winby 2 points or 50\. winnings winning.. fact is we have won enough to be in the top 4...

Shit game.. so what.. conditions didnt suit us, we are injury hit and no designated half...
last year we would have lost that game...

our forwards were dominated tonight.
possession first half was 60-40 broncos way, thats gonna take a lot out of the tank defence wise.
penalty count was against us we didnt get anything, not even for that blatant shepard.
both teams making plenty of mistakes.
i'll take the win with glee, we got robbed ealrier in the year when roosters scored in the last minute i guess it evens it up then.

@Sabre said:
And what if we had our full strength team?
Moltz at #7 would make us much stronger

And bagging the etam song? Cmon u can do better than that

Yep, it goes both ways.

It's good that we got the win, we just need to shape up for next week or we are in trouble.

I dont think it makes up for the roosters loss at all…we were pathetic that day as well.

We have been crap all year, bar a few halves of footy that were inspired. Everything is stale about this side.

On current form when we hit the last few rounds we will cop some atrocious floggings.

@shiretiger said:
yes, we played ordinary [and that is being kind] but we pulled the 2 points out the fire.

They had all the ball, all the field position and all the calls from the men from opsm.

When one team keeps dropping the ball…it means the other team has the ball

Oh yes....the refs...that only goes one way huh?

Id rather we EARN a win....not get lucky
The Broncos deserved it...we didnt

You people can look at every goddamn thing bar tonite and make excuses, it doesnt change tonite tho...thats an ostrich mentality, stick ur head in the sand and pretend alls well
Tonite tells me weve really gone nowhere at all in five bloody years

i dont give 2 sh!ts how we won, too many times we have been on the end of close losses deserved or not.

a get out of jail win like that…i'll take it any time of year.

The men from opsm were atrocious tonight.

It took to the 70 minute mark for our second penalty. They had 6 to that point in time. Where they so much better discliplined? I dont think so.

There was a blatant knock on by them the tackle before their try after half time.

I agree Ink, we looked disinterested and played very poorly but I think you may be a tad harsh on the boys tonight.

Time will tell.

@innsaneink said:
@shiretiger said:

When one team keeps dropping the ball…it means the other team has the ball

Oh yes....the refs...that only goes one way huh?

Id rather we EARN a win....not get lucky
The Broncos deserved it...we didnt

You people can look at every goddamn thing bar tonite and make excuses, it doesnt change tonite tho...thats an ostrich mentality, stick ur head in the sand and pretend alls well
Tonite tells me weve really gone nowhere at all in five bloody years

:imp: :imp: :imp:

Well Ink, go and support the Bulldogs or something.

Ill take a win. Ponder this thought though - if we play badly in the Grand final and grind out an undeserved win, will you be complaining?

Could you see Farah rounding up the boys after a long season and saying "Yeah sorry guys, We won the game, but HEY! lests give the trophy to the other team, since we played so badly. Better luck next year chaps!"

I don't think so.

Pretenders we are Innk….....

But Pretenders who got the 2 points this week......

It's the third third of the season when you really need to put it together.....

Wests Tigers Teams who played like like in the past would have either got spanked or just gifted the game to the opposition......

Reminds me of Dogs sides of the past who played crap for 75mins and still win.......

Broncos only scored from a bad miss from Ayshford and Lawry and a dropped bomb from Fitzy.....with all the ball we gave them.......

Latest posts

Members online

Back