Richards a liability

Yes well, count tonight up as _yet another_ game he has won for us to add onto the numerous games he single-handedly won for us last season. He's a real liability alright….for the opposing teams :wink:

paddy is better than anything else we have, some people on this forum are morons, start with the real liabilitys in sirro and the lack of depth the club has due JT cutting every one and anyone and not making any signings. wake up and smell the roses.

@bp tiger said:
paddy is better than anything else we have, **some people on this forum are morons**, start with the real liabilitys in sirro and the lack of depth the club has due JT cutting every one and anyone and not making any signings. wake up and smell the roses.

HAHAHA! Pot, meet my old friend kettle…. kettle, meet pot...

@bp tiger said:
paddy is better than anything else we have, some people on this forum are morons, start with the real liabilitys in sirro and the lack of depth the club has due JT cutting every one and anyone and not making any signings. wake up and smell the roses.

lollll

Sironen was astute

_Posted using RoarFEED Android 1.2.3_

milky u call sirro astute i call it crap he is well below 1st grade standard, and sue is not far behind him him.

@bp tiger said:
milky u call sirro astute i call it crap he is well below 1st grade standard, and sue is not far behind him him.

Sirro threatened all night. I was 3 rows away from where He was running off Brookes in the second half. He kept the Titans defence working. He will have a good year.

@Eddie said:
To me you can't compare Lawrence and Richards. Richards is a 90% goal kicker i don't think you throw that away lightly. Turning 4 into 6 is crucial. To go with his kick offs they are 2 weapons other teams don't have. We got the ball back a number of times from them, He actually won us 3-4 games last season which were really close. His goal kickinf or his kicks off proved the difference in 2 point game,

I still think Pat can prove crucial in some close games if the team is firing. If the team is out of contention and playing like busteds half way through the year then maybe it will be time to look to the future.

DIdnt take long to prove it. We dont win tonight without him.

@Properossi said:
Only left the Tigers for the money should never have left glad he came back to us he always loved us! Top point scorer for the 2015!

I thought he left to get a better crack at playing in the RLWC for Ireland, he thought he had more chance being selected playing in England.

@Cultured Bogan said:
15/19 points. Not a bad effort to start the year.

Yep, just the kind of liability we need. Pity we don't have a team full of liabilities.

I just realised that Richards is a special kind of liability again and again. That would imply that the prefix re- should be attached. How about 'Richards, Mr Reliability!'

Happy to say that yes Richards was great and went a long way to winning the game tonight. He still frustrated me in parts, particularly late in the second half were he got the ball one on one in space out wide less then 10m out yet sent the ball back infield. Even the commentators said 'why didn't he take the line on himself.' If he goes himself and scores we don't have to worry about a late field goal, this is the type of stuff I'm talking about. You can never doubt the power of his boot. It's a a massive weapon. His boot was never part of the original post. Happy for this to be bumped everytime he kicks a match winning field goal. Unfortunately I also suspect I'll have the ability to bring it back for various other reasons during the year.

Fergie there wasn't enough room for him to score. The defence would have rounded him up and likely put him into touch. The smart play, and the fact that Joel Caine thought the opposite confirms it, was to bring the ball back inside.

I was never a fan of the Richards signing as I saw it as a short term move that would see our young wingers leave the club. I was right. Koro left.

However, to call Richards a liability is silly. He is a smart footballer who usually makes the right decisions. He will do a job for us this year.

The good thing is that with Kevin N when Patty gets injured this year, and he will with those ageing legs, we will have a very good back up to slot in.

@innsaneink said:
@Properossi said:
Only left the Tigers for the money should never have left glad he came back to us he always loved us! Top point scorer for the 2015!

I thought he left to get a better crack at playing in the RLWC for Ireland, he thought he had more chance being selected playing in England.

No the club actually said he wasn't in there plans at the beginning of 2005\. This wasn't surprising as he was poor in 04 and started 05 slowly. We all know what happened afterwards.

When his form turned around there was talk he was going to stay but he decided to honour his deal in England. To be honest, I think it was a lifestyle choice - a chance to live in London as a young buck on great coin, who wouldn't want to do that.

@fergiefurr said:
Happy to say that yes Richards was great and went a long way to winning the game tonight. He still frustrated me in parts, particularly late in the second half were he got the ball one on one in space out wide less then 10m out yet sent the ball back infield. Even the commentators said 'why didn't he take the line on himself.' If he goes himself and scores we don't have to worry about a late field goal, this is the type of stuff I'm talking about. You can never doubt the power of his boot. It's a a massive weapon. His boot was never part of the original post. Happy for this to be bumped everytime he kicks a match winning field goal. Unfortunately I also suspect I'll have the ability to bring it back for various other reasons during the year.

Finally a sensible post. His lack of willingness to go hard at the line at times frustrates me too. Even his first try, 99% of wingers would have got to the corner untouched by going for it and keeping low. He remains too upright in these situations. I too suspect you could bring this thread back up later in the year for the opposite reason it has been bumped up this time.

For the record very happy Pat went well tonight overall and hope he has a good year.
\
\
Oh and BP tiger…..get rid of the hate. Siro, just like Pat, was very good and u look silly saying his performance wasn't first grade standard.

@fergiefurr said:

This is the reason why I think he is past it. Other wingers would have backed themselves and scored. I think he took the right option though because he doesn't have that speed and power anymore.

His kicking game is great. Its his running game that is the issue. If the rest of our backs have enough speed then Patty fits in fine. When Lawrence goes out though and is replaced by a forward (who did well) I am concerned how we will go over the course of the season.

@fergiefurr said:

it wasnt 10m for sure, the titans defence had come across and he knew he would easily get bundled over touch. if he had run onto the ball he might have had a chance, but the ball wasnt great and his positioning could have been better too.

assuming this is the same im thinking of, it was a great decision.

I can see him costing us a try in future…he stays too upright at times when he could go low in scoring and would probably be safer....doesnt seem to back himself sometimes ...hes not perfect

I think he is backing himself by staying upright and stepping inside.

It would be easier/safer to go lower and wider. But he is such a big unit he gets away with it.

I like how he does it and it makes the kick easier….its like a double shimmy step off both feet!

Back