Richards a liability

Whoever started this post can eat humble pie!

_Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0_

@innsaneink said:
I can see him costing us a try in future…he stays too upright at times when he could go low in scoring and would probably be safer....doesnt seem to back himself sometimes ...**hes not perfect**

yep he takes the safe option 9/10 times which is a bit frustrating because we're used to wingers scoring the most miraculuous tries. however, im ok with it because i think we will create a lot of line breaks this year and keeping posession rather than going for the 10% chance of scoring will be valuable with so many young players.

yeh he may cost us a try in the future but he'll win more games for us like this and he'll keep posession for us as well. apart from that 5m close to the line (granted that's where wingers earn their money), his positioning, kick returns, fielding of high kicks and kicking game in general is perfect imo.

It's a shame that the majority of people seem to have just read the topic headline and not what I'm actually saying. I don't hate Richards, I don't think he sucks. When he kicked the field goal no one was cheering and singing his praises more then me. I know Adam Reynolds is the flavour of the month but I wouldn't swap his goal kicking for Pats.

When you break it down, we relied on a field goal and goal kicking to beat the team tipped for the wooden spoon missing 3 of their best players. His general play was pretty good last night. Pat scored 2 tries that any nsw cup winger old have scored. If nofo got that chance that Pat didn't take late in the second half he scores and we don't have to worry about a last minute field goal. I don't think his goal kicking is going to matter when we come up souths and the roosters who beat us 6 tries to 2.

I take Pat over Halligan and El Masri anytime.
Unfortunate thing is that when we swap Lawrence with a 2nd rower we just do do not loose on speed, but we get more dangerous attack and better defence. :frowning:

@simonthetiger said:
I think he is backing himself by staying upright and stepping inside.

It would be easier/safer to go lower and wider. But he is such a big unit he gets away with it.

I like how he does it and it makes the kick easier….its like a double shimmy step off both feet!

I think you're right here Simon, he definitely likes to back his footwork.

They were missing 2 of their players, so were we.

They were at home,in front of a pumped crowd and were getting a very nice rub of the green thanks to the refs.

We were a little off, and showed great composure when it looked bleak.

Our forwards easily made good ground,some thing we havent done in years, and the bloke you said was past it had a blinder and won us the game.

So shhhhhhhhh…...sneak back into yer hole!

@Cultured Bogan said:
@simonthetiger said:

It would be easier/safer to go lower and wider. But he is such a big unit he gets away with it.

I like how he does it and it makes the kick easier….its like a double shimmy step off both feet!

I think you're right here Simon, he definitely likes to back his footwork.

Its his trademark!!

When he does it I know a try is coming!!

@simonthetiger said:

Great post ^^^

@fergiefurr said:
It's a shame that the majority of people seem to have just read the topic headline and not what I'm actually saying. I don't hate Richards, I don't think he sucks. When he kicked the field goal no one was cheering and singing his praises more then me. I know Adam Reynolds is the flavour of the month but I wouldn't swap his goal kicking for Pats.

When you break it down, we relied on a field goal and goal kicking to beat the team tipped for the wooden spoon missing 3 of their best players. His general play was pretty good last night. Pat scored 2 tries that any nsw cup winger old have scored. If nofo got that chance that Pat didn't take late in the second half he scores and we don't have to worry about a last minute field goal. I don't think his goal kicking is going to matter when we come up souths and the roosters who beat us 6 tries to 2.

And when the time comes when you are proven right about the points you make you will be blasted for bumping this thread up, but it's ok for others to bump it up now. I see everything you are saying about Pats game and like you, I'm very happy he played well last night and hope it continues. I disagree with Simon that Pat saying upright is backing himself, I actually think it's the opposite, buts thats just a matter of opinion. He seems scared to go hard and low like all other wingers and it cost us a few tries last year that I pointed out at the time.

You have only made fair and reasonable points Fergie, but that doesn't stop big noters trying to rub it in even though your just as happy Pat did what he did last night as them. The same people will be filthy if you bump this thread when he has a shocker.

@hobbo2803 said:
@simonthetiger said:

Great post ^^^

Problem is I've seen him stay upright and not step back inside, so what's the reasoning then?

@king sirro said:
@fergiefurr said:

And when the time comes when you are proven right about the points you make you will be blasted for bumping this thread up, but it's ok for others to bump it up now. I see everything you are saying about Pats game and like you, I'm very happy he played well last night and hope it continues. I disagree with Simon that Pat saying upright is backing himself, I actually think it's the opposite, buts thats just a matter of opinion. He seems scared to go hard and low like all other wingers and it cost us a few tries last year that I pointed out at the time.

You have only made fair and reasonable points Fergie, but that doesn't stop big noters trying to rub it in even though your just as happy Pat did what he did last night as them. The same people will be filthy if you bump this thread when he has a shocker.

Cheers mate.

To me the same people who think Pat is a great winger are the same who thought Gavet was awesome. Getting caught up in the gimmic aspect of it.

Trust me, nothing would make me happier then having this thread bumped every week due to Pat winning us the game!

@king sirro said:
@hobbo2803 said:
@simonthetiger said:

Great post ^^^

Problem is I've seen him stay upright and not step back inside, so what's the reasoning then?

To make the defender hesitate by thinking he is gonna step back in.

I hope that helps.

Have to disagree with that Simon as it failed everytime.

I think It's obvious he's shy to get low and get his head in awkward position

Credit to you Fergie for giving Pat credit where it's due…

Your OP also says the Richards doesn't bring the ball back very well or doesn't offer much dummy half running...well I didn't see that as a problem ;last night...going off the stats he made the most metres from the backs...5\. Richards - 104 metres in attack, 2 tries, 3 goals, 1 field goal, 2 line breaks, 1 missed tackle....he had a genuine chance to score twice and converted both...don't know what more he could do....

As for bumping this thread if and when Richards COSTS us a game....by all means do.....I don't think that will happen though...

@simonthetiger said:

This is exactly right; he shows huge confidence in his ability to take on the defender and get the ball down. I doubt he is thinking about the kick - just finding the safest way to score.

The so called missed opportunity against the Titans when he failed to go for the corner was a 50/50 call - I cant see that anyone can make a convincing case one way or the other on that one - notwithstanding what the callers had to say.

@Geo. said:
Credit to you Fergie for giving Pat credit where it's due…

Full credit to you Geo for giving Fergie credit for the credit he gave Patty.

It was due.

@fergiefurr said:

You are of the belief that both naiqama and Nofo are better players than Richards. You can have your opinion. Even if it is wrong.

Back