Robbie Farah..Discussion Thread.....

@gallagher said:
@goldcoast tiger said:
@gallagher said:
@ghost said:
If we need to let history go, I say let JT go.

He took us from a very nice attacking team to a boring bunch of plodders overnight.

Farah is the incumbent NSW hoooker.

One has form….the other.......

6th best attack on the comp.

Equal last in the premiership!!!

Ghost was talking about attack. Which is what i replied to. It seems you have comprehension problems aswell.

Hard to argue about improvement when u come equal last.

But some still push through it!

@GNR4LIFE said:
@TrueTiger said:
I have a friend who says if Robbie goes he will never support the Tigers again…and therein lies the problem...if your not happy and things dont suit....then go....

There's heaps of them. Some people really putting the player above the club. If one good thing is coming out of this fiasco its that its separating the real fans from the impostors.

Here we go true fan bs, alot of fans are sick of how the club is run, i agree Robbie should go but if people choose to state how they feel voice there opinion that is there rite. Just because you think differently to others doesn't make them imposters or wrong.

@foreveratiger said:
@Geo. said:
Wow…lot of assumptions going on here based on what Benny Elias and Ayoub have said about what players have said with not one quote from any of them anywhere...

If it was me I would be peeved and hesitant to commit until the Saga is bought to it's conclusion as well...

Since we love to speculate...I will tip that once the matter is finalised and a clearer path is know we will see Moses and Brooks re-sign and extend their contracts...

Come on Geo….wasn't it assumption when Farah was told he would play Reserve Grade ? even when Farah said on an interview that's what he got told....but people still dismissed it .

Then When Pascoe went on record to say that it was was said and " these things gets said in the heat of the moment ".

Also some on here made assumptions that Farah was the problem child in the Squad and that the players around him wanted him gone.....then these suppose guys are holidaying with him in Bali .

Then the other night cause his spotted with Moses and Brooks maybe disclosing to them what his intentions were.....he now gets accused of Managing these players affairs :unamused: .

People are clutching at whatever story suits there argument that is pretty much it .

I will be personally be happy for Robbie when his able to move on from this mess and happy for JT that he can now do his Job at hand and will have nowhere to hide next year cause he can't use Robbie as an excuse and that's what would of happened if Robbie was still here .
The pieces to the Jigsaw puzzle will fall in place and the truth will eventually come out .

Has anyone stopped and thought that if the two halves really supported JT as some have suggested, that they'd be more likely to resign now and not wait another 6 months.
The most likely reason is that they AREbeing shopped around , with the main thought being dollars and the possibility of playing in a stronger club, with a dominating forward pack.
If they have an ounce of intelligence, then that's what they will be doing. And what their agent should be advising.
One good thing for these two is that they've both had a first hand experience of seeing how a football club treats someone they no longer want, for any reason.
They both seem quite intelligent, And hopefully won't forget what they've seen

@GNR4LIFE said:
@goldcoast tiger said:
Any chance that you could answer 851's question
I can't wait for that one??

Flattering that you hold my opinion in such high regard that you're hanging out for it :laughing:

Were JT, Go and co the ones who signed him to that 4 yr contract? I don't think so. It's not like they signed him and changed their mind. They got here, saw the mistake made by the old board and are rectifying that mistake. Something they have the right to do since they are the ones running the club.

@ghost said:
Hard to argue about improvement when u come equal last.

But some still push through it!

Its fact that our attack improved.
The exact opposite of what you tried to pass of as fact.

@goldcoast tiger said:
@foreveratiger said:
@Geo. said:
Wow…lot of assumptions going on here based on what Benny Elias and Ayoub have said about what players have said with not one quote from any of them anywhere...

If it was me I would be peeved and hesitant to commit until the Saga is bought to it's conclusion as well...

Since we love to speculate...I will tip that once the matter is finalised and a clearer path is know we will see Moses and Brooks re-sign and extend their contracts...

Come on Geo….wasn't it assumption when Farah was told he would play Reserve Grade ? even when Farah said on an interview that's what he got told....but people still dismissed it .

Then When Pascoe went on record to say that it was was said and " these things gets said in the heat of the moment ".

Also some on here made assumptions that Farah was the problem child in the Squad and that the players around him wanted him gone.....then these suppose guys are holidaying with him in Bali .

Then the other night cause his spotted with Moses and Brooks maybe disclosing to them what his intentions were.....he now gets accused of Managing these players affairs :unamused: .

People are clutching at whatever story suits there argument that is pretty much it .

I will be personally be happy for Robbie when his able to move on from this mess and happy for JT that he can now do his Job at hand and will have nowhere to hide next year cause he can't use Robbie as an excuse and that's what would of happened if Robbie was still here .
The pieces to the Jigsaw puzzle will fall in place and the truth will eventually come out .

Has anyone stopped and thought that if the two halves really supported JT as some have suggested, that they'd be more likely to resign now and not wait another 6 months.
The most likely reason is that they AREbeing shopped around , with the main thought being dollars and the possibility of playing in a stronger club, with a dominating forward pack.
If they have an ounce of intelligence, then that's what they will be doing. And what their agent should be advising.
One good thing for these two is that they've both had a first hand experience of seeing how a football club treats someone they no longer want, for any reason.

Going to have to show a fair improvement on last years performances to have clubs throwing 600k their way. It could go either way, if they start the year on fire, there will be plenty of clubs chasing one or both of them. If they are not performing they will be jumping at the chance to take 600k from the tiges.

@GNR4LIFE said:
@goldcoast tiger said:
Any chance that you could answer 851's question
I can't wait for that one??

Flattering that you hold my opinion in such high regard that you're hanging out for it :laughing:

Were JT, Go and co the ones who signed him to that 4 yr contract? I don't think so. It's not like they signed him and changed their mind. They got here, saw the mistake made by the old board and are rectifying that mistake. Something they have the right to do since they are the ones running the club.

So that's when a contract isn't really a contract then
Thanks for clearing that up
Funny. I thought that WTs signed him, and that the actual people who co signed the contracts did so for Wests Tigers.
In fact , I think that's the situation.
His contract is with the club, Not individuals. That's why it's binding
So if he hasn't finished the bathroom, he's still got two years to go, if he wants to

@Granto87 said:
@GNR4LIFE said:
@TrueTiger said:
I have a friend who says if Robbie goes he will never support the Tigers again…and therein lies the problem...if your not happy and things dont suit....then go....

There's heaps of them. Some people really putting the player above the club. If one good thing is coming out of this fiasco its that its separating the real fans from the impostors.

Here we go true fan bs, alot of fans are sick of how the club is run, i agree Robbie should go but if people choose to state how they feel voice there opinion that is there rite. Just because you think differently to others doesn't make them imposters or wrong.

I have no issue if people don't like the decision. What i do have an issue with is if people walk away from the club because of it. If they do, they were never real supporters to begin with.

@GNR4LIFE said:
@goldcoast tiger said:
@GNR4LIFE said:
@851 said:
What if , perish the thought Moses and Brooks don't like JT either and actually like and respect Robbie. :eek:pen_mouth:

That's fine, let them deal with their own situations individually. Trying to get players to gang up on him isn't doing to the club any favours.

How do you know that's what's happening ??

Probably the same way you seem to know what's happening.

I don't know that,

@Harvey said:
@goldcoast tiger said:
@foreveratiger said:
@Geo. said:

Going to have to show a fair improvement on last years performances to have clubs throwing 600k their way. It could go either way, if they start the year on fire, there will be plenty of clubs chasing one or both of them. If they are not performing they will be jumping at the chance to take 600k from the tiges.

You're right there, but maybe they would take less if the chance of a stronger team was to sign them.
There life would be a lot easier behind a stronger pack!
Anyway it's all speculation until they sign somewhere.

@GNR4LIFE said:
@Granto87 said:
@GNR4LIFE said:
@TrueTiger said:

I have no issue if people don't like the decision. What i do have an issue with is if people walk away from the club because of it. If they do, they were never real supporters to begin with.

Okay fair enough , thanks for clarifying. Ill be happy if both leave .

@Granto87 said:
@GNR4LIFE said:
@TrueTiger said:

Look, I normally hate that "true fan" rubbish, but if you say you'll never support the club again if Farah leaves, you are not a true fan. There's a difference between that and voicing your opinion.

EDIT: Sorry, I see you've already clarified this.

Exactly Boon.

All too often on here you read about how a fan thinks the Club has been unprofessional, as if this is the first time a player has been moved on mid contract, the first time a club stalwart has been asked to move on, as if our club is the only club to have ever done it…

To be honest the only thing that is a first time around, is that this is the first time a player had the audacity to play it out in the media like a dog, first time someone stooped as low as Farah has.

The information being leaked isnt coming from the club, the media tip offs to meetings and attendees to meant to raise debate arent the clubs work either. Someone is dragging us through the mud, being unprofessional, yet some of you swing from his nuts and are blinded to the blatantly obvious.

Wests Tigers reject Robbie Farah payout bid as rake looks to quit the club
Date November 21, 2015 - 8:48PM

Adrian Proszenko
Adrian Proszenko
Chief Rugby League Reporter
\
\
Wests Tigers boss Justin Pascoe has refused Robbie Farah's demand for a full payout but hopes the parties can move towards a release resolution at a landmark meeting on Sunday.

Farah's manager Sam Ayoub submitted a written request on Friday night for an immediate release and a full payout of the final two years of his contract, worth about $2million.

Pascoe, who is seeking an audience with Farah on Sunday, said he was surprised by the timing of the request given coach Jason Taylor had only days earlier indicated Farah was on track to start the season in first grade.
\
\
"Emphatically, if Robbie was the best hooker – in round one, two, three to 26 – in our organisation, he would be playing in that position in first grade," Pascoe said.

"We received an email last night asking for a release, but we haven't agreed to any terms. The timing is surprising.

"Robbie has been nothing other than professional for the two weeks that he's been back. He's been respectful through the whole process and my belief is that, as an organisation, we've been reciprocal to that. Until terms are agreeable, Robbie remains a contracted player and we expect him to see out all the obligations of that contract."

Pascoe, who shifted into the Wests Tigers hot seat nine weeks ago after a stint at Penrith, said the club would not accede to Ayoub's request to pay out Farah's contract.

"The position of the club is that we'll take on the best interests of the entire organisation and the members, so that won't be happening," he said. "We will entertain any terms that become favourable to the organisation.

"I've reached out to Robbie and asked to meet with him tomorrow. I'd like the opportunity to discuss with him in more detail how he is feeling since this request has come through.

"It's important for me, in any exit interview in any employer-employee relationship, you want to understand why someone wants to exit. It's important for me in my role to get all the facts and get a complete understanding of why he wants to exit."

Farah, 31, who has attracted interest from the Roosters, has been in a tense stand-off with the club since Taylor revealed the NSW rake was not in his long-term plans.

Up until Friday, he had dug in his heels, despite the fact the club had signed Manly's Matt Ballin, who is battling to recover from an ACL injury in time to be fit for the opening round.

Pascoe was adamant Farah and Taylor were capable of putting aside their differences for the good of the team.

"It was certainly my belief that could happen," he said. "We were putting as much support and framework around that to support that."

That included consultant Shane McCurry, a coach and facilitator who had worked with a number of organisations including the AFL and North Melbourne Football Club.

"It's adding another string to the bow, we thought an independent person at this stage was a valuable asset," Pascoe said.

"Having someone of his skill set, capability and experience come to our organisation – which is a very young group across the playing staff, board level, coaching, management and administration – is an investment. He will bring some real value, leadership, culture and innovation in that space."

There is likely to be a period of wrangling between the Tigers and Farah over his payout figure. But given pre-season training is now well under way – and the saga has dragged on for months – both parties will be hoping for a speedy resolution.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/wests-tigers-reject-robbie-farah-payout-bid-as-rake-looks-to-quit-the-club-20151121-gl4ks8.html#ixzz3sBnXRjvr
Follow us: @smh on Twitter | sydneymorningherald on Facebook

Well there you go …direct quotes from the CEO...no mention of magical 4 year LIFETIME deals.....

Just going through the process of negotiating the release....Sanity prevails...

@Black'n'White said:
Exactly Boon.

All too often on here you read about how a fan thinks the Club has been unprofessional, as if this is the first time a player has been moved on mid contract, the first time a club stalwart has been asked to move on, as if our club is the only club to have ever done it…

To be honest the only thing that is a first time around, is that this is the first time a player had the audacity to play it out in the media like a dog, first time someone stooped as low as Farah has.

The information being leaked isnt coming from the club, the media tip offs to meetings and attendees to meant to raise debate arent the clubs work either. Someone is dragging us through the mud, being unprofessional, yet some of you swing from his nuts and are blinded to the blatantly obvious.

He's gone beyond leaking stuff to the press (which was pretty low anyway). Others might disagree, but that "secret meeting" with Nick Di Girolamo and the halves appears to be a veiled threat. "Kick me out, and I'll take others with me."

@Geo. said:
Well there you go …direct quotes from the CEO...no mention of magical 4 year LIFETIME deals.....

Just going through the process of negotiating the release....Sanity prevails...

even if there was talk of the 4 year deal, it wouldnt have been unprecedented. It is actually very similar to Sharks offer to Lewis, where to top off his contract which was to be considered his last he was offered 2 year outside the salary cap to work as a runner, a clever way to circumnavigate the salary cap while spreading the financial load.

I wouldnt put it past them to try something like this in order to get Robbie gone at the same time clearing up as much cap space as they possibly can, still paying him, though not from within the cap.

@swag tiger said:
farah has no right to bring brooks and moses into this

Exactly right swaggy….could show the mans true colours....battle out the negotiations with the recruitment manager,CEO and the grubby player manager....leave the young easily led alone.....

Back