LIVE GAME Round 11 vs. Rabbitohs

Live Game Discussion
And then never give your best jumpers the time
and place to attempt a catch (Bula & Toups).

3 sets in a row we gave it to wakeham with the
Weaker boot to put it up 20m's in the start of
the 2nd. Some of the shit we do is crazy lol

Yeah, it's tactical. Wrong tactic when used a main one for mine, and getting sick of seeing it utilised constantly, particularly as to be effective it needs to be aimed close to the try line, which is 7 tackle set risk and cost us against Manly.

You could see when bulla was around the ruck with brooks and creates that opportunity- that’s what Laurie could do… float and just create

We have two good wingers
A good full back
2 decent enough centers
And 1 decent half - pick either wakeham or brooks they’re the same almost

We are missing an X factor off the cuff player

Laurie is the only player in our roster that could be that person

My logic is we keep winning the stats but not the score board

Let’s try it and see

There’s nothing to lose

Didn't deserve to lose by 20, the majority of that game was honestly pretty good.

Obviously still issues with halves being able to create opportunities, but this is one of the best sides in the comp at the moment and we went toe-to-toe for the majority.

Twal has really, really improved.
Effort was 100 percent this game is the proof we need to move on from Brooks and Wakeham is a great back up but not a leading half.

Wonder how we'd have gone if we had Naden, Staines and Douehi available today. All these guys can score a try. Staines has genuine pace. Our defence seems pretty sound and we've had really high completions last 3 games but none of this really helps us win games if we can't put points on the board.

Wonder how we'd have gone if we had Naden, Staines and Douehi available today. All these guys can score a try. Staines has genuine pace. Our defence seems pretty sound and we've had really high completions last 3 games but none of this really helps us win games if we can't put points on the board.
We definitely lack pace on the edges.
Talau played rough which is what we want from him, but I cannot see how he’s fast enough to be a good quality centre.

We definitely lack pace on the edges.
Talau played rough which is what we want from him, but I cannot see how he’s fast enough to be a good quality centre.
I only saw the first half. It was talau's best game in first grade imo.

Flattering scoreline for the Bunnies by all accounts. Would really like to see a different halfback in the side and see how they go with our pack, but we can't conjure one out of thin air unfortunately.

We also need to remember that for 73 minutes and it prob would have been for 80 minutes if we weren't chasing to scores South's famous attack only scored 1 try. Cody, Latrell, Graham, AJ only one try between them in 73 minutes so while we couldn't create anything either could they for 73 minutes. In saying that obviously everyone including the club knows we need more in the halves

We also need to remember that for 73 minutes and it prob would have been for 80 minutes if we weren't chasing to scores South's famous attack only scored 1 try. Cody, Latrell, Graham, AJ only one try between them in 73 minutes so while we couldn't create anything either could they for 73 minutes. In saying that obviously everyone including the club knows we need more in the halves
I don't think sheens knows... He's still backing brooks

He fed us lies and bullshit all summer about our so called new attack... Sick of this club treating fans and members like shit

They played with plenty of effort and as some people have neglected to mention we played the form team of the comp and probable premiership winners this year. Our attack wasn't superb but the Rabbitohs are one of the best defensive teams in the comp people, did you really expect us to just open them up every attacking raid? Some common sense please, we weren't playing the Dragons, Titans and co.

Bunnies put more points on finals bound teams Storm, Broncos and Sharks. And 50 on the Bulldogs.
That was a very good effort from our boys. It was only scoreboard pressure which got Souths 2 late tries.

Mullet run is on so I was out getting some jew and tailor baits yesterday arvo and didn't see it till last night.

While overall I think we defended well Souths didn't get out of third very often. Was that our defence and rucks up the guts? I don't know.

The forwards did pretty well. The back 3 did OK.
I did think Papalii played his best game for us yesterday.
I'm starting to feel more love for Toa - he is getting better every match.
Nofo has shown much better commitment since his return so he can come out of the naughty corner.
Joe O played better and made a couple of reasonable runs but got smashed a couple of times as well.
I even think Talau did OK but he is not a centre anymore.
I'd like to see another dummy half come on for Api. Simpkin is OK but he lacks zip.

Still pining for some real enterprising halves. We have public servants.

Last edited:
I’ll need to watch the game again. I don’t understand what Walker and Ilias did better than our halves? All they appeared to do was feed their outside backs, who outplayed our outside backs. Souths outside backs made the line breaks and scored the tries, I thought? But you would expect Souths to have an advantage in that area with a settled backline.

I’ll need to watch the game again. I don’t understand what Walker and Ilias did better than our halves? All they appeared to do was feed their outside backs, who outplayed our outside backs. Souths outside backs made the line breaks and scored the tries, I thought? But you would expect Souths to have an advantage in that area with a settled backline.
I think Latrelle’s presence is another factor as he will always attract defenders. This provides additional space for the likes of Campbell Graham.

Latest posts

Members online

Back