Scott Fulton sacked

You might be right but I'm hoping not.

I'm guessing Richo doesn't know himself.

The six months thing is so he can set a good trajectory before new board is commissioned and he answers to them. Of course he is already answering to the HBG ownership and once the new directors are vetted and appointed no doubt there will be unofficial collaboration so everything is smooth.

But still there must be a formal process.

But I'm speculating that Richardson's tenure will depend on how much of a buzz he gets out of it and how much winning there is.

If he feels that there’s plenty of blue sky there might be a succession of six month contracts.

If not he may move on quickly.

If he moves on quickly we lose much of what he offers. He may put systems in place which is all good but his relationships with the media, players management and the professionalism he brings to football operations by his mere presence is gone.
I hope Richardson stays long term. If not, I hope he has a big say in who replaces him. No more jobs for the boys.

I hope Richardson stays long term. If not, I hope he has a big say in who replaces him. No more jobs for the boys.

Don't think he is replaceable really.

The club could hire even an overseas credentioned sporting administrator but he is really without peer with his RL contacts, experience and esteem.

So we better get winning.

Thinking it may keep him here.

But I'm speculating that Richardson's tenure will depend on how much of a buzz he gets out of it and how much winning there is.

That's what it's all going to boil down to I reckon.
How much of a buzz he gets from being back
on the job, whether we're competing & also
how receptive we are to the change that he is
trying to bring to the club. 6months is a long time!

Don't think he is replaceable really.

The club could hire even an overseas credentioned sporting administrator but he is really without peer with his RL contacts, experience and esteem.

So we better get winning.

Thinking it may keep him here.
I like that Richardson stated what it takes to keep the best young talent at WTs. He has done it before at the some of the more powerful clubs. We need players such as Pole and Fa'agutu to stick with the club and we will be on the correct trajectory. Having John Morris at WTs also fills me with confidence as he has a history of developing good young juniors at the Sharks.

I like that Richardson stated what it takes to keep the best young talent at WTs. He has done it before at the some of the more powerful clubs. We need players such as Pole and Fa'agutu to stick with the club and we will be on the correct trajectory. Having John Morris at WTs also fills me with confidence as he has a history of developing good young juniors at the Sharks.
IMHO, from the young group of players Bula, Da Silva, and Pole are "must" keep ATM, this would hopefully extend to Sullivan and L Fainu, God willing 🙏
The same applies to Utoikamanu, Koroisau and Luai by default.

Just thought also Benji and Morris compliment each other.

Benji perhaps forming a natural connection with polynesian players while Morris perhaps being a better liaison for the others .

IMHO, from the young group of players Bula, Da Silva, and Pole are "must" keep ATM, this would hopefully extend to Sullivan and L Fainu, God willing 🙏
The same applies to Utoikamanu, Koroisau and Luai by default.
We have assembled some very good young players. Marshall has surrounded himself with some very good personnel such as (but not limited too) Richardson and Morris. It appears we have the correct staff in place to build the framework for a much improved WTs moving forward.

That's what it's all going to boil down to I reckon.
How much of a buzz he gets from being back
on the job, whether we're competing & also
how receptive we are to the change that he is
trying to bring to the club. 6months is a long time!

He gets a chance to build culture like nowhere else he's been.

Two young coaches managing players on a more personal level while he can set a deeper culture from the grass roots without baggage.

As I said in an earlier post the stars aligned. Maybe previously he may not have been available or be willing to come.

Rare in life for someone to come into a management role with no mess to clean up and an opportunity to basically project his total vision into the club without much blowback risk.

Champion @Halbrowne61 - sadly I was so slow off the mark with this one, the photo I have of Sid (and Nancy) has turned black & white. And really sad is his story, wasted in every way!
Not to worry, I was being too clever for my own good !
Yes, destroyed himself in his early 20s but that was the deal back then, fly high then crash and burn !
I wonder if Vicious likes his new nickname ?

You might be right but I'm hoping not.

I'm guessing Richo doesn't know himself.

The six months thing is so he can set a good trajectory before new board is commissioned and he answers to them. Of course he is already answering to the HBG ownership and once the new directors are vetted and appointed no doubt there will be unofficial collaboration so everything is smooth.

But still there must be a formal process.

If he feels that there’s plenty of blue sky there might be a succession of six month contracts.

If not he may move on quickly.

If he moves on quickly we lose much of what he offers. He may put systems in place which is all good but his relationships with the media, players management and the professionalism he brings to football operations by his mere presence is gone.
Well said MM. I hope the place grows on him coz there’s no guarantees about the outcome of our season under a rookie coach.
We all have everything crossed but so far all we’re doing is catching up to about 10 other clubs in how we do things.
It’s like coaching, funny how everyone does the same course and learns the same strategy, then tries to unlearn it for innovation,

Seems we have a decisive chef in Richo ! Seems that a few good things starting to happen
Luai then Fulton then Olam . I expect a much improved 2024 and a great 2025
Can't get any lower than the last 2 years... surely! Which makes me excited! I'd be happy to not finish bottom 2 this season if it helps us build into the future well

I suspect Richo has done virtually nothing so far. Those who were sacked took no part in the review, and therefore their future was determined before the review started.
what sort of organisation would preclude the chair and CEO from an external review? 😂
One that finally recognises incompetence.

Richo Benji and basically the whole club is in the early stages of the honeymoon. Richo and Benji are both respected in the NRL world so at this stage they are seen as the people who are going to make Weststigers great.

Come round one things change or should I say round two, all the media attention turns to results. The back slapping stops and reality kicks in. That’s when Benji and Richo will need to weave their magic because after a couple of bad results the media will be back to their nasty ways
We are still favourites to have the most losses in 2024 with bookmakers based on our roster which was assembled by the clowns. 2025 let’s see what the squad looks like and how are expectations have lifted and then I’ll happily judge someone other than bozo and krusty.

With respect, all Richo’s done is sack a heap of people so far. I know you can draw a parallel between Richo’s appointment and Luai’s signing but in truth it may well have happened anyway. I’m a fan of Richo and am really glad he’s been put in the role but I’ll reserve judgement on his success or otherwise until after half a season or so at least.
Hopefully he extends the 6 months so we can get a better picture on how he impacts the club.
What nonsense!

Richo's remit is not to bring immediate on-field results - but to erdicate the "Brydens Tigers" culture and rejuvenate the Wesys Tigers corporate profile that was decimated by his predescessor and the 2 bob sponsor/Chairman who thought they were above the club!

This is not change for change sake - it is the absolutely necessary reinvention of a brand that hit rock bottom under those clowns!

With an INTERIM CEO who understands that football is our core business (NOT merchandising KPIs setc)!

He has been installed to set the club up for long term competitiveness IAW the recommendations of the independent review!

You gave Pascoe how many years???

But you want immediate success in half a season before you can grasp if Richo is a success???

FMD!!!

I suspect Richo has done virtually nothing so far. Those who were sacked took no part in the review, and therefore their future was determined before the review started.
what sort of organisation would preclude the chair and CEO from an external review? 😂
What a load of crap!!!

The CEO and Chair were incompetent!!!

Back