OFFICIAL Sheens gone

Losing Brooks is not a negative 😆

Api will be able to focus on his job, not the halves job as well.

Some better 5th tackle options coming from our new look 6 and 7s.

This team WILL be better next year.
I agree, Brooks, whilst has been "just okay" in his last 2 games does not have the footy IQ for a good #7, we needed a change at #7 and I'm glad he is gone. Here is hoping a Siezer/Latu/Sullivan combination works well for us over the next 1-2 years, by then we should have Conti ready for the top squad

You could easily argue blind faith was sticking with Brooks as 7 for 10 years, just hoping that the next year will be the year, and it never was, and some were still hoping he stays and next year will be the year

Demps the biggest issue will be how the team converts opportunity into points once the great pack do the hard yards and get us in the red zone,far to often this year we have been in great position to score only to come out empty handed ...I personally don't care who replaces Brooks,that person has to have the football smarts and quality in their game consistently to lead the team and get the points ..winning is the name of the game,quite often we are the also rans....no more hopefully ...

We are 100% in agreement on this point.

We are going to have an elite spine next year:-

1. Bula the magic man
6. Latu Fainu - the 2nd coming of Wally Lewis
7. Sullivan - Steve Mortimer clone but with more zip zip
9. Api - the best dummy half in the game

Back that up with a big angry pack and fast powerful outside backs.

To top it all off Benji "Jack Gibson" Marshall as coach.

I'm not a betting man but I won't be able to avoid putting the life savings on us to win the comp next year.
And wait......there's more ;)

To come.

I'm fairly confident the side will be better next year, only due to the low bar set by this year's team. I've little confidence we will be better than any of the 16 other NRL teams next year.

NRL love pushing certain narratives.

What better narrative than Benji, coming home to coach HIS club and lead them out of the darkness.

Now that's a story that could sell.

... point being, the tides are about to turn.

Benji is well liked in the rugby league community, those calls that always go against us, may change.

We become successful, it's only going to benefit the NRL.

NRL love pushing certain narratives.

What better narrative than Benji, coming home to coach HIS club and lead them out of the darkness.

Now that's a story that could sell.
It would be a better story if he earned that position rather than simply asked for it.
With Sheens's mentorship, he was half a chance. Im concerned this will all fall in a heap for him midway through the year next season.
If we re-sign Staines, and hire two new centres and a winger, Ill feel more confident.

Totally agree and Benji and Farah are winners who will not tolerate mediocre clowns, they will build a culture that should have been done years ago. Sheens too often plays favorites, I don't think Benji will.

Hagipantelis says we’re ahead of schedule and the future is looking bright. it was a different trajectory described when Madge got sacked.

Hagipantelis says we’re ahead of schedule and the future is looking bright. it was a different trajectory described when Madge got sacked.

100% correct. The goal was to win more than 2 games in 2025 but we've already achieved that now. Screw all the pessimists.

The gaslighting of Benji as an inexperienced coach is ridiculous. 2 spoons on the back of a Maguire lead team and a Sheens lead team both massive experienced coaches. Let the dude coach the bloody team before the daggers come out. The only focus the media should have is on the 2 jerk offs in the back office and pressuring them to fark right off.

The gaslighting of Benji as an inexperienced coach is ridiculous. 2 spoons on the back of a Maguire lead team and a Sheens lead team both massive experienced coaches. Let the dude coach the bloody team before the daggers come out. The only focus the media should have is on the 2 jerk offs in the back office and pressuring them to fark right off.

I’m with you on this.

Willing to give Benji a crack, can’t really do anyworse than how we have gone with experienced heads.

Trying something different may just workout.

Morris in as assistant will be great. He's a great coach but doesn't have the media pull that Benji does.

If Furner is out as Assistant Coach I would go with Dean Pay for defence. Despite a much more average Dogs roster than Barrett or Ciraldo, his team's actually had some heart and could defend. Just didn't have class or talent.

Morris cant hurt. Seems to be an authentic creature. What is there to lose?
Honestly, if I was Morris or one of the other more experienced coaches that are being talked about as possible assistants to Benji, I would tell the club to take a hike. How many people in their workplace would say yeah sure fine to being told to take orders from the new kid at work with almost zero experience in a role that you have been working in for years?

Latest posts

Members online

Back