Should WT re-sign Jamal Idris?

Idris coming off 2 knee reco's taking up a top 30 spot on minimum wage may not be a big risk but it's a massive waste…give it to a kid like Mikaele, Giles, Pakoti, Tali or Tautaiolefua (kicks goals)

Wont be an issue though...

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
I don't get how signing Idris is a risk.

If we offer him a minimum contract then how is that risky?

He may have had a history of injuries but every time you go out to play, you're at risk of injury. So signing Cameron Smith might be 'risky' because he may get injured.

If a minimum wage/depth player gets injured it is nothing to get fussed over. And if he does get injured, he can visit schools and community events to promote the Tigers.

If he doesn't get injured, we have a massive player ripping into the opposition.

I definitely think we should sign him

So , does this mean that Cameron Smith is a risky buy because of a long history
Of serious injuries.
Thanks for the laugh :laughing:

Mate, you know exactly what his point was.. Suggesting Idris is no risk on a minimum contract. If you dont agree post why not, otherwise leave the kid alone.

Jamal is a risk because he is a fat, unfit, injury prone, slow moving slob. Is that enough reasons? Waste of money on every single level.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

He may have had a history of injuries but every time you go out to play, you're at risk of injury. So signing Cameron Smith might be 'risky' because he may get injured.

If a minimum wage/depth player gets injured it is nothing to get fussed over. And if he does get injured, he can visit schools and community events to promote the Tigers.

If he doesn't get injured, we have a massive player ripping into the opposition.

Of serious injuries.

Mate, you know exactly what his point was.. Suggesting Idris is no risk on a minimum contract. If you dont agree post why not, otherwise leave the kid alone.

Jamal is a risk because he is a fat, unfit, injury prone, slow moving slob. Is that enough reasons? Waste of money on every single level.

Do you want to tell us what you really think….

no.
i also wonder whether his reality tv role involves,running,jumpng,dodging and stuff like that.

@ said:
Minimum wage plus move him to the forwards… could be a great prop or edge backrower with a nice offload

I've read some funny posts but to suggest Idris in the front row … I'm still chuckling. Thanks mate, I really needed that.

@ said:
no.
i also wonder whether his reality tv role involves,running,jumpng,dodging and stuff like that.

Do they have reality shows for losing weight or eating?He has the right credentials for those

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

Of serious injuries.

Didn't know he was a kid , but it was still a ridiculous comparison, ( to use a player who has hardly ever had long stints on the sidelands, to one who has Had more ham his share of problems with injuries and mind set) .
Idris is suspect no matter how much he is paid and we don't need to be tying up ANY money in that direction

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

Of serious injuries.

Didn't know he was a kid , but it was still a ridiculous comparison, ( to use a player who has hardly ever had long stints on the sidelands, to one who has Had more ham his share of problems with injuries and mind set) .
Idris is suspect no matter how much he is paid and we don't need to be tying up ANY money in that direction

Like you, I didn't know this was a kiddies forum.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

Of serious injuries.

Fair Enough

He may still owe money on his multi-million dollar house purchase on Byron's famous Lighthouse Road so I hope he comes good somewhere - when good he was the ONLY Tiger with a tiger in his tank.

@ said:
Idris coming off 2 knee reco's taking up a top 30 spot on minimum wage may not be a big risk but it's a massive waste…give it to a kid like Mikaele, Giles, Pakoti, Tali or Tautaiolefua (kicks goals)

You always suggest Jamal won't be offered a contract next season, so I'll bow to that without much question, and the youth argument is a valid one, but I'd still take Idris for one more year.
He was starting to come good before he got injured this year, and we all know what his peak can be. He'd be on minimum wage, in an extended 30-man squad, and given our State Cup team of late there's no reason he wouldn't make that starting 13\. If he gets another long-term injury I'd push medical retirement, that way we've got another spot on our list and it's cost us little to nothing. If he stays healthy, he could be the perfect big, bench back-rower we need.
Given none of the kids above you've mentioned are anywhere near ready for NRL, and we already have quiet a surfeit of raw young forwards, Idris is well worth the punt for me. On minimum wage his promotional value would exceed any salary cap costs too, and like I said, he's only one injury away from medical retirement and a free top 30 spot.

@ said:

If some of these players get anywhere near our first grade side, we are in trouble

Don't forget we gave Tedesco a chance ….20 mins in a debut game..and we have paid heaps for him... to go to another team....give Jamal a chance,he is at least a bloke you can have faith in doing a job on very little money..if he goes down again it won't be a major dilemma

Cleary would probably be in the best position to make this decision, seeing as he went through his exit from the game at Penrith.

I just wonder where he fits in if we did keep him. We've got Milne and Fonua coming in as centres and his size aside, Jamal isn't a backrower. Its tragic how the season has panned out for him, but I don't see there being a position for him here next year.

Latest posts

Back