Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Richardson needs to be here for more than 6 months. They need to just let him do his thing.
It's club management, CMON!

I don't know what people expect here. Pascoe, Richo... Their job is to keep the club functional, pay bills, hire/fire people, ensure contracts are contracts... business101.

Benji is the person that will either turn this club around or have us rot for another 5 years. John Morris and Chris Heighington will play a huge factor aswell, but Benji will be the driver for change.

Where Richo may be good is identifying if our club is missing resources that it needs. I know players have come here and gone "were missing injury tape". I don't believe this is still an issue, but if it is I trust him to sort it. Richo would also be good in tapping the right people for performance improvement... Lets get a real wressling coach!

Send in Richo. Man’s a messiah
He’s arrived and found the clubs finances in good order which he said was a nice change.

He will grow the club, things seem to be on the up that’s for sure.

Once the leaks are stopped, the board junta might request another 6 months of supreme power to straighten the ship before it brings back “democracy.”

If the performances and other things are looking promising, I think we go with continuing the emergency measures for another 6 months.

There’s obviously an enormous amount of damage done in the footy area to mop up.

With JL praise of Benji, I’d say he’d be safe for ‘25 no matter what happens this year.

But he’d be extremely anxious to have a good season.

Last edited:
He’s arrived and found the clubs finances in good order which he said was a nice change.

He will grow the club, things seem to be on the up that’s for sure.

Once the leaks are stopped, the board junta might request another 6 months of supreme power to straighten the ship before it brings back “democracy.”

If the performances and other things are looking promising, I think we go with continuing the emergency measures for another 6 months.

There’s obviously an enormous amount of damage done in the footy area to mop up.

With JL praise of Benji, I’d say he’d be safe for ‘25 no matter what happens this year.

But he’d be extremely anxious to have a good season.
Yeah, Benji is safe this year. Almost has a free hit this year. Expectations will start to rise from 25 though.

It's club management, CMON!

I don't know what people expect here. Pascoe, Richo... Their job is to keep the club functional, pay bills, hire/fire people, ensure contracts are contracts... business101.

Benji is the person that will either turn this club around or have us rot for another 5 years. John Morris and Chris Heighington will play a huge factor aswell, but Benji will be the driver for change.

Where Richo may be good is identifying if our club is missing resources that it needs. I know players have come here and gone "were missing injury tape". I don't believe this is still an issue, but if it is I trust him to sort it. Richo would also be good in tapping the right people for performance improvement... Lets get a real wressling coach!
I couldn't disagree more. Club management got us a bloke who had never coached before. Their role is way more than making the club functional.

Can I just also say CC “ if Farah had worked with Taylor he would have lasted “.
Robbie has been in and around a lot of shit for the Tigers and when I was around football it was the players who respected the coach and didn’t try to undermine them.
Taylor may not have had the appropriate skills but he was still the head coach. Same at South’s, so he was entitled to some respect.
Not really, the guys maggot!
They don’t call him the scarecrow fir nothing!
Not surprising he hasn’t had many gigs since.,,

Can I just also say CC “ if Farah had worked with Taylor he would have lasted “.
Robbie has been in and around a lot of shit for the Tigers and when I was around football it was the players who respected the coach and didn’t try to undermine them.
Taylor may not have had the appropriate skills but he was still the head coach. Same at South’s, so he was entitled to some respect.
He lost ALL respect AND his job at Souths when he was more pissed than his players on Mad Monday and tried to play silly Karate man with David Fa'alogo and copped a couple for his troubles!!

Imagine being so fricking dumb at a work function that you get belted by a subordinate and look like this - and also get summarily sacked as the instigator!!

Then imagine being so fricking moronic to hire a bloke like that as HC based on a Powerpoint presentation and disregard the evident character flaws!!

(Helps when your Chairperson is besties with his Missus!! Marina Go was ALSO a trash Chair!!)

The bloke also had form as North Sydney Captain with his crap behaviour at the SCG being a major catalyst for the removal of full strength beer from bars for one-dayers!

And as a coach - he played Rankin on the wing ahead of Addo-Carr + Joel Edwards at hooker....

Speaks for itself!!

1705831362474.png

He lost ALL respect AND his job at Souths when he was more pissed than his players on Mad Monday and tried to play dumb Karate man with David Fa'alogo and copped a couple for his troubles!!
From what I have heard, Fa’alogo had been holding it in since the night he got sent off for planting one on Anasta. Apparently Taylor went apeshit afterwards. So, Fa’alogo probably didn’t need that much incentive.

From what I have heard, Fa’alogo had been holding it in since the night he got sent off for planting one on Anasta. Apparently Taylor went apeshit afterwards. So, Fa’alogo probably didn’t need that much incentive.
Why would Taylor go apeshit?

Souths got the penalty!!

Hence the famous "you're off ya head" quote to the ref from Braith!!

PS - I wouldn't need much incentive either with that sumbag!

The Benji/Management relationship is kind of co-dependent.

Shane has already said he thinks Benji will be a good coach, but the proof is in the pudding.

We turned down 16 Applications after the ciraldo circus. Tim binned these and appointed himself. That was simply outrageous, the lend of lends. Green lighted by Lee and Co pretending to run a club.

Then Benji was dragged into it, with no coaching experience at all. He got a long time as student and then master for someone totally untested.

So he drank from the poisoned chalice as many young and ambitious people do. Gone was TV comedy Benji talking about rubber sex toys and prancing around almost nude. A news serious Benji emerged from the crusty rubble of light entertainment.

And it’s my belief that this was yet another manoeuvre by a board that had run out of ideas other than to try to save face with with members and fans.

A wrong decision made for the wrong reasons.

Remember that Benji was supposed to have another year under Tim. I think we are all glad he didn’t.

Benji got the job on the matey. He never had to compete for it.

It is what it is.

In that case, we will all probably differ on how much time he should get.

If we are being flogged senseless next season, time after time, I’d rather he go quietly and resign. That would the best outcome so as not to upset Jerome in particular.

I’d much rather he gets progress and results. I’m just a bit wary.

I’m not starting the next coach thread anyway.

But Coaches aren’t forever….

Their days are numbered, except a couple lol.

I’m not a member because I think we will win the gf. More important reasons have called me.

Last edited:

Shane has already said he thinks Benji will be a good coach, but the proof is in the pudding.

We turned down 16 Applications after the ciraldo circus. Tim binned these and appointed himself. That was simply outrageous, the lend of lends. Green lighted by Lee and Co pretending to run a club.
Yea, I was going to quit this club last year at that point. The whole Tim Sheens + Benji plan was beyond stupid and inbred. I can't remember the timing exactly:
Shane Flanagan was free
Des Haslier was on the outer at manly but it did not look like he was leaving. ...

I 100% would have chosen Haslier and gone after him. The board Choose Sheens based on Sheens advice.
Then Benji was dragged into it, with no coaching experience at all.
He gave up a sweet announcers gig at MMM.

Yea, the board did wrong in accepting Sheens plan. Particularly the "I promise you coach" part.
Benji, Channel your inner Wayne Bennett.

Yea, I was going to quit this club last year at that point. The whole Tim Sheens + Benji plan was beyond stupid and inbred. I can't remember the timing exactly:
Shane Flanagan was free
Des Haslier was on the outer at manly but it did not look like he was leaving. ...

I 100% would have chosen Haslier and gone after him. The board Choose Sheens based on Sheens advice.

He gave up a sweet announcers gig at MMM.

Yea, the board did wrong in accepting Sheens plan. Particularly the "I promise you coach" part.
Benji, Channel your inner Wayne Bennett.
I couldn’t love this post more, thank you so much,

My own protest was ending all private dialogue with Lee. We “broke up” officially, although he was only using me!

Then Benji was dragged into it, with no coaching experience at all. He got a long time as student and then master for someone totally untested.

So he drank from the poisoned chalice as many young and ambitious people do. Gone was TV comedy Benji talking about rubber sex toys and prancing around almost nude. A news serious Benji emerged from the crusty rubble of light entertainment.

And it’s my belief that this was yet another manoeuvre by a board that had run out of ideas other than to try to save face with with members and fans.

A wrong decision made for the wrong reasons.

Remember that Benji was supposed to have another year under Tim. I think we are all glad he didn’t.

Benji got the job on the matey. He never had to compete for it.

It is what it is.

In that case, we will all probably differ on how much time he should get.

If we are being flogged senseless next season, time after time, I’d rather he go quietly and resign. That would the best outcome so as not to upset Jerome in particular.

I’d much rather he gets progress and results. I’m just a bit wary.

I’m not starting the next coach thread anyway.

But Coaches aren’t forever….

Their days are numbered, except a couple lol.

I’m not a member because I think we will win the gf. More important reasons have called me.
How about giving one of the club greats some time before pulling out the daggers?! Geez, people wonder why we are constantly a rabble.

Especially 2 weeks after he landed the biggest marque signing in WT history! What more do you want?

He's already improved our chances by multiples because we have players who want to come here. Something we've had a real problem with for a LONG time.

Why would Taylor go apeshit?

Souths got the penalty!!

Hence the famous "you're off ya head" quote to the ref from Braith!!

PS - I wouldn't need much incentive either with that sumbag!

I’ve had a bugger of a day, lawn mower blew up, beer fridge empty and got a flat tyre in the ute going to the dump but none of this mattered when I saw the clip of Anasta getting lined up and snotted. Without a doubt worst buy ever for tigers in history. 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

Not really, the guys maggot!
They don’t call him the scarecrow fir nothing!
Not surprising he hasn’t had many gigs since.,,
But he was snapped up by Trent Robinson as an assistant, that says something to me but I’m not here trying to defend Taylor’s coaching credentials or otherwise,
I just didn’t like the way Farah got involved and handled it, the same as he did with Potter. I hope whatever role he has now at the Tigers he’s under strict control.

How about giving one of the club greats some time before pulling out the daggers?! Geez, people wonder why we are constantly a rabble.

Especially 2 weeks after he landed the biggest marque signing in WT history! What more do you want?

He's already improved our chances by multiples because we have players who want to come here. Something we've had a real problem with for a LONG time.
I don’t think I’ve said anything that wasn’t true.

I think i should be honest about my views and putting them across.

No one has to agree with me in any way. I’m ok with that.

He got Luai, which was beyond great, but I understand he’s missed other signings.

I think it’s ok to try to see stuff from outside the club pr machine. Forums give us the opportunity.

From people I know who are into the club, I’m in the minority, but we are out there. Many are members too.

Last edited:
Back