Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Not comparable only in outcome. Flower hit Hohaia while he was standing. That was bad enough, but then he followed it up with the second punch on the ground.

Granted, Williams hit O'Neill from the side and he did't see it coming, but I doubt Anasta did either. There was no warning at all.

You are only looking at the knockouts, not the act.

I'm looking at the individual acts as a whole (Flower went on to hit Hohaia again when on the ground, and WIlliams attacked someone completely unprepared and unaware he was even in sight), and both Williams and Flower knocked out their opponents. The difference in outcome is often due to the difference in the action when it comes to these type of incidents. That being said, I'm happy to agree to disagree.

Reactions: 851
And you're entitled to. I just don't think the tap put on Anasta can be compared to a hit from someone coming out of the line and clocking someone like Williams did, or hitting someone when they are already on the ground like Flower did. Each to their own :)
They were all.ar the Ruck... Williams.didnt come.out of the line,.he.played the ball... Oneill. Was at marker... Same with faalogo (had t g r ball) anasta marker
They're as bad as each other imo

I'm looking at the individual acts as a whole (Flower went on to hit Hohaia again when on the ground, and WIlliams attacked someone completely unprepared and unaware he was even in sight), and both Williams and Flower knocked out their opponents. The difference in outcome is often due to the difference in the action when it comes to these type of incidents. That being said, I'm happy to agree to disagree.
A fully loaded punch to the face is a fully loaded punch to the face. The only difference is the outcome of the force. Anasta could count himself lucky. The force was there to knock him out. So was the intent.

But yes, let's agree to disagree.

They were all.ar the Ruck... Williams.didnt come.out of the line,.he.played the ball... Oneill. Was at marker... Same with faalogo (had t g r ball) anasta marker
They're as bad as each other imo

Anasta was directly in front of Faalogo, whereas O'Neill retreated from 2nd marker, and was at least 10 away from Williams. Williams went out of his way to get at O'Neill, Faalogo hit someone right in front of him. Like I said previously, none of these incidents should escape punishment, but they are not all the same in severity.

Anasta was directly in front of Faalogo, whereas O'Neill retreated from 2nd marker, and was at least 10 away from Williams. Williams went out of his way to get at O'Neill, Faalogo hit someone right in front of him. Like I said previously, none of these incidents should escape punishment, but they are not all the same in severity.
Ok mate 👍

A fully loaded punch to the face is a fully loaded punch to the face. The only difference is the outcome of the force. Anasta could count himself lucky. The force was there to knock him out. So was the intent.

But yes, let's agree to disagree.

Look at the video again. Faalogo didn't have the space to deliver a "fully loaded" punch to the face, Williams had 10m to load up and deliver to someone looking the other way, and Flower delivered his 2nd blow to someone unable to defend themselves due to being knocked out already. Faalogo may have intended to knock Anasta out, but intent means little if you can't execute. Have a good night :)

Look at the video again. Faalogo didn't have the space to deliver a "fully loaded" punch to the face, Williams had 10m to load up and deliver to someone looking the other way, and Flower delivered his 2nd blow to someone unable to defend themselves due to being knocked out already. Faalogo may have intended to knock Anasta out, but intent means little if you can't execute. Have a good night :)
I thought we agreed to disagree? I still disagree. Your analysis is flawed. But I won't change your mind, so I left it. Why haven't you?

Manly’s one was more creative, getting players to draw the logo’s of opposition clubs.

I thought we agreed to disagree? I still disagree. Your analysis is flawed. But I won't change your mind, so I left it. Why haven't you?

You raised a point on your way out, I just responded to that point. Agreeing to disagree is not raising further points while critiquing my analysis at the same time. That's just asking to continue the discussion 🙄

Alex Lobb to be given top 30 contract
It may end up happening but definitely won't be first choice. He is locked on a dev contract until end of 25 and hasn't even made his first grade debut. We also had very little room to move with our 2025 top 30 spots so that would be another reason I don't see us just upgrading Lobb at this point. We already have around 10 that don't have 20 first grade games combined.

Why do we just automatically make the assumption that another club will sign all 3? I know that’s what they would like, but it’s probably not going to happen.

I’d be more than happy to make an offer to Taylan and Terrel, if they don’t come no great loss.
As they say, 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

Actually 3 out of 3 would be terrible if it included Tyrone.

You raised a point on your way out, I just responded to that point. Agreeing to disagree is not raising further points while critiquing my analysis at the same time. That's just asking to continue the discussion 🙄
Hahaha this is exactly what you did, so I responded. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I haven't got time to argue with you. You're entitled to an opinion and I respect that.

Not a huge fan of signing "brothers"just because ONE of them is what we need.Done it already,and jury remains out
If Nofa is truly gone,we can take our time ..get thru half a dozen games or so..see whats on the market..and remain opportunistic
We have little idea of what we need atm...it will be clearer in April

We could use 2 of them for sure abit like the Fainu boys setup.

Latest posts

Staff online

Back