Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Who's the favourites to be our wingers come the start of the season?
Staines is locked in for the left wing for me.

I would say Lobb or Tupou on the right wing. Based on the timing of all the positivity around Lobb I would say it might be him. Could potentially solve the issue of long term goalkicker moving forward too.

Staines is locked in for the left wing for me.

I would say Lobb or Tupou on the right wing. Based on the timing of all the positivity around Lobb I would say it might be him. Could potentially solve the issue of long term goalkicker moving forward too.
I reckon it'll be the other way round.

Staines right wing, Tupou left wing.

I reckon it'll be the other way round.

Staines right wing, Tupou left wing.
Will be interesting to see how motivated Tupou is considering he is departing at the end of the season.
I’m a big fan of his, but no doubt motivation was a problem for him, even before signing elsewhere.

Will be interesting to see how motivated Tupou is considering he is departing at the end of the season.
I’m a big fan of his, but no doubt motivation was a problem for him, even before signing elsewhere.
I am sure he will be motivated to compete as much as possible and leave on a good note tbh. Wouldn't want to give a sour impression to his next club by not trying now that he has a new contract.

As they say, 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

Actually 3 out of 3 would be terrible if it included Tyrone.
I guess you could make an offer to 3 brothers that doesn’t include top 40 spots for all. 1 could be signed to a cup seal. Still allows them to “play together” (in the same club) if they were happy with that contract arrangement.

With the 500k a year we just saved on Nofa, I'd be calling Taylan and Terrell May right now.

As weird as it sounds - if we signed those 2 I'd be fully content with the clubs roster from 1-17.

We need one more winger and one more prop option after the signings of Luai and Olam. I don't see much weakness in our squad besides that. Both May brothers fill that role perfectly.
We shouldn't sign anyone just yet.

Too many people have strong other side and paper credentials.

I want to see who delivers and who flounders.

Lets save our money and put it where it is needed.

I could definitely see it going that way, just would hope we could build a Staines / Olam / Papali'i combo that Luai could slot into.
I know this sounds crazy but I'd consider offering Daniel Tupou a contract on low money if he wants it and he's not extended by Roosters. Good role model for the boys at the club, and not 'regressing' like other old players. Only played origin just 2 years ago. Very reliable. Great finisher especially in the air. Makes lots of run metres out of his own end. Veteran of the game. If we could sign him on low money it would be great value

I know this sounds crazy but I'd consider offering Daniel Tupou a contract on low money if he wants it and he's not extended by Roosters. Good role model for the boys at the club, and not 'regressing' like other old players. Only played origin just 2 years ago. Very reliable. Great finisher especially in the air. Makes lots of run metres out of his own end. Veteran of the game. If we could sign him on low money it would be great value
It’s a young man’s game, can’t have too many players aged 30+ if you want to be successful.

I'm looking at the individual acts as a whole (Flower went on to hit Hohaia again when on the ground, and WIlliams attacked someone completely unprepared and unaware he was even in sight), and both Williams and Flower knocked out their opponents. The difference in outcome is often due to the difference in the action when it comes to these type of incidents. That being said, I'm happy to agree to disagree.
Actually Buckets had just a few seconds earlier hit Williams high, I rememeber thinking at the time knowing Williams reputation that Buckets probably shouldve kep an eye on DW a bit longer

Actually Buckets had just a few seconds earlier hit Williams high, I rememeber thinking at the time knowing Williams reputation that Buckets probably shouldve kep an eye on DW a bit longer

I agree, he should have definitely kept an eye on him

You aren’t serious?
Totally. He’s killing it in England (currently man of steel) and left NRL (35 tries in 40 odd games) after a couple of short seasons. Think he’s got the attacking gifts (xfactor) that our outside backs lack.

Has scored more FG tries than Noffa for all those calling him a legend.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back