Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Bateman is getting paid a squillion …he can harden up…

I believe the Knights would have moved on Klemmer regardless.. they wanted out of his contract
You do know that a lot of the Tigers hated Hastings. His personality is bad. We may have won 1 or 2 more games this year but the team culture would’ve been crap. Nobody would’ve wanted to stay, we wouldn’t have the massively improved forward pack and it would have been hard to resign key players and youngsters. Hastings leaving was the best thing for Tigers future even if it cost as this year.

Brooks has played some great games this season. I reckon Wakeham has played some really good games as well.

We need a lot more than mate. We need a team of guys that are good and play consistently well.

We do need plenty … but I’ll never be convinced that moving on Hastings this season when he was relatively cheap and would have been motivated to play well to get his next contract was the right idea…

The lack of depth in the halves has been glaringly exposed this season

You do know that a lot of the Tigers hated Hastings. His personality is bad. We may have won 1 or 2 more games this year but the team culture would’ve been crap. Nobody would’ve wanted to stay, we wouldn’t have the massively improved forward pack and it would have been hard to resign key players and youngsters. Hastings leaving was the best thing for Tigers future even if it cost as this year.

I never heard the rumours until Hastings was moved on … seems convenient… I had heard he had a falling out with Bateman in the UK… but build a bridge and get over it

If that’s the stance we’re taking, it will be interesting when Manly are in the top 8 next year, and we’re still flailing at the bottom.
Can guarantee there will be lamenting over Brooks - some are already predicting he will go to another level some of the same who didn't rate Hastings.
We all have differing views about who is/ was worth keeping and who isnt - winning is the only thing that will resolve the regret of players lost to clubs that are going better than we are.

Gone backwards after acquiring 4 international forwards… Hastings never got a chance to play behind this years pack ..
You .are Hastings sound like Andrew John's. Fair dinkum.

We might be 3rd last with Hastings here. Whoopee do.

With the coaching tactics put forward my Marshall and Sheens wouldn't matter who was halfback. Boring predictable football.

If the attack doesn't change next year then there is seriously something wrong with the coaches at this club.

Nobody is doubting that
- But you'd be an idiot to claim it's had much to do with him...
Gamble has been heads and shoulders the standout half for this year,
And in those early games - Everyone was banging on about Lachie Miller (And why didn't we sign him)

They're a better team...
They've got 3 times the amount of Origin Players in the team than we do...
Simple....
That's your opinion and it's not surprising. Others will see it differently. Newcastle are travelling better this year with him in the team and because it's results based game in the end that's all that really matters.

No he wasn't Brooks was - Hastings even said as much after the Souths win...
Brooks was the best player against Parra.

It's bleetingly obvious no matter how well Brooks plays
- There's those of you that just wont accept it.

Mate … I’m not going to argue with you… it’s over a year ago… so I’ll take your word for it…

I still maintain Hastings was amongst the best players in the team prior to his injury… and like I said they were putrid without him after he got injured

We do need plenty … but I’ll never be convinced that moving on Hastings this season when he was relatively cheap and would have been motivated to play well to get his next contract was the right idea…

The lack of depth in the halves has been glaringly exposed this season

You will never convince me moving on Hastings was the right decision this season as well.

The Bateman/Hastings drama is actually quite a big deal. For reasons I don’t know they really seem to not like each other and the idea of them being on the same team wouldn’t have worked.

Heard this from a relative to Hastings - the relative also did mention that Jackson wanted to stay badly and never wanted the Knights move.

You .are Hastings sound like Andrew John's. Fair dinkum.

We might be 3rd last with Hastings here. Whoopee do.

With the coaching tactics put forward my Marshall and Sheens wouldn't matter who was halfback. Boring predictable football.

If the attack doesn't change next year then there is seriously something wrong with the coaches at this club.…

I’ll take third last as preferable to going backwards with a better team

Totally agree 💯
1yr perfect but 2yrs max
Teddy working daily to fine tune our 21yr old rookie fullback would be invaluable for Bula's development. Great for all our junior backs coming through.. let's develop these kids to be 10yr Tiger First graders.. be patient and develop them properly.. imagine Bula with all his natural gifts having Tedesco's brain.. what a weapon we'd have..

He would probably get in his ear and send him to Nick Politis.

The Bateman/Hastings drama is actually quite a big deal. For reasons I don’t know they really seem to not like each other and the idea of them being on the same team wouldn’t have worked.

Heard this from a relative to Hastings - the relative also did mention that Jackson wanted to stay badly and never wanted the Knights move.

Brooks over Hastings is just dumb. Brooks being paid over a million and has been on the sideline more than he plays last couple of seasons.

Sheens and benji wanted to keep him too.
shows there is not clear thinking there.

The couple of times we had Hastings and Brooks together in the halves we looked great and in hindsight that should have been our halves combination this season with Doueihi starting in the centres or lock.
We would have been well off the bottom of the ladder had that been the plan.
Anyway we can’t change it, so no point dwelling on it.
Lets look forward and hope an injection of exciting young talent along with a couple of experienced signings can give all us Wests Tigers something to look forward to.

Last edited:
Back