Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

@pascoes_barber said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1508297) said:
@wt2k said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1508271) said:
Guess this fits the rumour thread. Sad day for NRL fans who only have FTA option. From Buzz article.

![20211120_225035.jpg](/assets/uploads/files/1637409159659-20211120_225035.jpg)

You’re kidding, he’s is absolutely f’ing awful in every sense. Glad I’ve got Kayo.

I like Hadley on radio but I really don’t think his calling style ever transitioned to tv

Well I mean I’m not sure who I’d want to listen to in comms less, him or Gus. Ideally neither.

‘Decrepit old man mumbles rugby league commentary as if he’s on 1980s AM radio’ really is cutting edge though, kudos to channel 9 for continuing to strive for excellence!

@tiger_steve said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1508307) said:
@pascoes_barber said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1508304) said:
Shit broadcaster and equally shit human being.

Ahh the new unmoderated forum. Great stuff!

What are you talking about, I got auto-modded for cocky c-o-c-k-y

@gnr4life said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1508298) said:
@pascoes_barber said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1508297) said:
@wt2k said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1508271) said:
Guess this fits the rumour thread. Sad day for NRL fans who only have FTA option. From Buzz article.

![20211120_225035.jpg](/assets/uploads/files/1637409159659-20211120_225035.jpg)

You’re kidding, he’s is absolutely f’ing awful in every sense. Glad I’ve got Kayo.

Dan Ginane is heaps better ?

GOOOODBYEEEE

@wt2k said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1508262) said:
@gnr4life said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1508257) said:
@kazoo-kid said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1508256) said:
@wt2k said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1508251) said:
@gnr4life said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1508249) said:
@wt2k said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1508247) said:
@hsvjones said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1508246) said:
@sparci said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1508238) said:
@watersider said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1508227) said:
I don't get the bulldogs' strategy: big money on all the flash, no money on halves and hooker and fullback (although they've got about 8 high priced wingers who want to play there). Dufty would probably be the worst fullback in the league. They look very vulnerable defensively and have no one to organise.

Maybe it all works out, but also seems counter to the way Gould did things at Penrith and also they way he's talked about building a team on the telly.

And they'll struggle with the cap for a while. So I don't really get what they're doing. With a presumably maxed out cap their ceiling looks to be about a marginal top 8 side at best.

Theyve supposedly also signed Mahoney, have Burton in the halves, and a young fella coming through, played a couple games last season, they're quite easily a top 6 side come 2023. I think dutfy will do a job for them with the lineup they have.

How in the world can they also afford Mahoney after just paying overs for Kikau, TPJ, JAC, Jackson, Thompson, Burton, Cotric, Hetherington , Allen, Flanagan, etc...

Surely they know they have to pay All the top 30 players..
I am really surprised Gus signed off on the Kikau Dollars as he normally offloads over paid players and focuses on young players on the cheap.

If correct re Mahoney, you would think that they'd have to get rid of one of their big $$$ players. Thompson the obvious one that comes to mind.

I think Parra will retain him

I think so too, but seen mole reply to this tweet .. was this account on here previously?
![Screenshot_20211120-221023~2.png](/assets/uploads/files/1637406701370-screenshot_20211120-221023-2.png)

What the hell? Surely they can't sign anyone else.

You need to take into account that it would be for 2023. Unless you have have had a look at who is coming off contract for them at the end of next year, you can’t make a judgement. What if they have another 4 or 5 players they are happy to move on. Then they would easily fit him in. I think it’s great. Parra lose another one.

Just had a look, dogs have 10 players off contract end of 22.
RFM/Dufty and Vaughn most likely the biggest $$$ from the 10. Edit: JMK has a player option, so possibly 11 off contract

@merlot said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1508326) said:
anybody think Luciano will get his up grade with us or leave 4 less money

I can’t see him leaving for less money. One thing’s for sure, he’s lost a lot of bargaining power with the Papali’i signing. I think he’s pretty much expendable now to the point the club can give him one take it or leave it offer. By 2023, Blore could be ready to be the other starting back rower, so the club doesn’t need to cowtow to Luc. Tbf though, I think he’s been treated a bit unfairly by the supporters throughout this. A lot of times it’s the managers. They treat players like children. It’s almost as if they tell the player which club they will go to.

LL is the type of player I think helps a squad thats on the rebuild.

Fun-loving attitude andnthe guy can play also.

With Paps inthe squad I think LL will be more creative and more damaging for the minutest that he plays.

Definite Retain for me.

Slight upgrade is a good ideas, now is not a fime to loose the better members of our squad.

Any further upgrade in line with performance in 2022

He should not get much of an upgrade if any off us.As far as other clubs are concerned it is possible he may leave but every other club targeted him in defence this year as he was the weakest link so he could well be disappointed as i doubt he gets what he wants.

I hope he doesn't get his upgrade. Now Papalli is on board, why would we spend more of the cap on LL when we have 3 edge backrowers on development contracts and the like of Tuilagi and Blore in the squad.

@roar_power said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1508369) said:

I hope he doesn't get his upgrade. Now Papalli is on board, why would we spend more of the cap on LL when we have 3 edge backrowers on development contracts and the like of Tuilagi and Blore in the squad.

Don’t worry, I doubt the club is interested in paying him any more than they want to. Papali’i changed everything.

@spartan117 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1508371) said:
A mate texted me that Reed Mahoney will also be joining the Dogs.

Further tells me **that salary cap means absolutely nothing.**

Hopefully they lose Paulo too.

@gnr4life said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1508376) said:

Hopefully they lose Paulo too.

That would be icing on the cake if that were to happen

I can imagine Gould would be very persuasive one on one in a negotiation setting. Both in attracting and releasing players.

@spartan117 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1508352) said:

With Paps inthe squad I think LL will be more creative and more damaging for the minutest that he plays.

Definite Retain for me.

Slight upgrade is a good ideas, now is not a fime to loose the better members of our squad.

We need a hard nose enforcer in the pack.
Someone like Finucane , having fun loving guys is great for moral but not great for results.
And before any keyboard warriors get button happy I’m not saying he’s a problem...just saying we need a focused hard head in the pack to run along side Big stef.

@balmainian said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1508386) said:
@spartan117 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1508352) said:

Definite Retain for me.

We need a hard nose enforcer in the pack.
Someone like Finucane , having fun loving guys is great for moral but not great for results.
And before any keyboard warriors get button happy I’m not saying he’s a problem...just saying we need a focused hard head in the pack to run along side Big stef.

When I think of enforcers, I don’t think Dale Finucane.

Latest posts

Members online

Back