Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Has this been quoted or are you guessing.
More just running off the 6 or so articles naming him as one of the dominoes to fall as soon as the cap was announced, along with Tapau to Parra and Lodge to resign properly for the roosters

I think we had to give Bateman something extra to convince him to come here. We have to remember we got the spoon guys people aren’t lining up to come here. I’m hoping the 4th year is a mutual option

Nobody else was after Bateman as far as i am aware because his form in the UK did not warrant a contract

Nobody else was after Bateman as far as i am aware because his form in the UK did not warrant a contract
Yeah but he’s still an international level second rower we seen that at the World Cup and where weren’t trying to convince him to change from 1 Sydney club to another where trying to convince him to move half way across the world

This is a waste of a contract. We have heaps of middle forwards. We need some gun backs including halves and/or fullback.
We need a proper halfback for sure. I think Laurie could be a good fullback playing off a decent 7 who can create and make good decisions

Yeah but he’s still an international level second rower we seen that at the World Cup and where weren’t trying to convince him to change from 1 Sydney club to another where trying to convince him to move half way across the world

His wife apparently wanted to return home and that would be a large amount of leverage in getting him here.

100% agree we got middles like Pole & Stef who should have increased roles to further development. I am seriously concerned if they plan on heading into season 2023 with only AD & Brooks as our recognised halves.
Ridiculous if WT do not improve the quality of their backs prior to start of this coming season. Surely the club has a at least a quality centre ready to sign to play 2023.

I thought he was average for most part in WC... one game the 2nd I think he was a bit better but I wasn't impressed

4 yes too long if true... Sounds like his agent walked away laughing

The cap increase is an absolute disaster for our hopes of signing good players. Suddenly all clubs have an extra 2 million to spend. We'll have to be paying a million bucks for anyone decent to join us from now on. Moses would now easily get 1.4-1.5 million.
I don't think it's dire.

Firstly we will have known and potentially assessed / included likely cap increases into offers made.

Secondly, any contract up for grabs right this moment might be significantly affected, but over the next 12-18 months, we will have the space we already had, plus the new cap space to spend.

So Tigers can still be very active in the market, in fact moreso when the dust settles.

This is a waste of a contract. We have heaps of middle forwards. We need some gun backs including halves and/or fullback.
I'm not overly fussed with him but we don't have any locks to be honest. I'm happy for a year then make way for the youth 2024.

The cap increase is an absolute disaster for our hopes of signing good players. Suddenly all clubs have an extra 2 million to spend. We'll have to be paying a million bucks for anyone decent to join us from now on. Moses would now easily get 1.4-1.5 million.
I don't think it will make any difference to our hopes of signing good players. Every club gets the increase and our offers will just increase to the same proportion as the Cap increase. IMO the cap increase just means that all players will be hoping for abit extra in their bank and all NRL players will have a new value as to their worth in the market. The dodgy clubs will still cheat regardless of the new cap amount.

Back