Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Fair bit of hysteria and intolerance of uncertainty on the forum when it comes to Fainu. I get that we have been burnt many times, but It's more complicated than the deals with TT and Brooks as they were both off contract this year. I can't imagine Manly are playing ball considering its an ex-employee driving it. Wait and see how things play about. If we don't get him, then start slinging mud.

As far as Fox Sports slandering us, what's new? Wish people would stop giving those parasites oxygen.

Who is with me on this?

Swap Jake Simpkin (off contract 2024) with Brayden Trindall (off contract 2025).

On the Sharks forum, there has been fan discussion that hooker depth is the one area they lack in with only Brailey, McInnes (lock) & Berrell (NSW Cup standard & now off contract) their only options.

Seems a fair trade to me. Simpkin will get far greater opportunity there.
How will he get more opportunity behind an 80min hooker with a coach that plays a 4 forward bench (no chance to steal some lock minutes) than playing behind a 65minute hooker with a coach that likes some back coverage on the bench?

How will he get more opportunity behind an 80min hooker with a coach that plays a 4 forward bench (no chance to steal some lock minutes) than playing behind a 65minute hooker with a coach that likes some back coverage on the bench?
More chance of challenging for the hooker role there. Plenty Sharks fans don't rate Brailey either. Soon Jake will be 3rd in the pecking order here.

What's it say?
I've lost it now (too much of a boomer to find it again), he retweeted something about moving out of your comfort zone to help grow and knowing when it is time to move on.
Maybe I read too much into it :ROFLMAO: 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: 851
Sheens quote today sums up the Wests Tigers recruitment and their ‘strategy’.

Having let Joffa go he says

“Something will always fall out of a tree”

Also says,

“We aren’t worried about that (next year) anyway we’re worried about the next 10 games and getting away from the bottom of the ladder”

Might want to tell the club that Sheensy. We’ve gone into self sabotage again.

Typical political speak from Sheens,talks well delivers bugger all.

I've lost it now (too much of a boomer to find it again), he retweeted something about moving out of your comfort zone to help grow and knowing when it is time to move on.
Wests Tigers fans love putting the boot into local juniors who pour their heart & soul into the club, so he’s probably better going elsewhere.

What's it say?
He quoted a tweet along the lines of 'sometimes in adulthood you need to change your environment to stimulate the growth you want'. One of those philosophical posts and he just added a handshake emoji

I've been as excited as anyone with the possibility of signing Latu Fainu going by the media hype that he is one of the best talents to come through Harold Matts & SG Ball in the past however long and watching a couple of his NSW Cup games.

Then the disappointment sets in with the talk that he may not come to us at all with the Dolphins rumour (following the previous Titans & Dragons rumours).

Then I think, well maybe we already have 17-18yo halves who will turn out to be just as good if not better in Lachlan Galvin, Heath Mason & Alex Conti. Looking forward to the National Schools Champs starting this weekend to see what they can do!

I've been as excited as anyone with the possibility of signing Latu Fainu going by the media hype that he is one of the best talents to come through Harold Matts & SG Ball in the past however long and watching a couple of his NSW Cup games.

Then the disappointment sets in with the talk that he may not come to us at all with the Dolphins rumour (following the previous Titans & Dragons rumours).

Then I think, well maybe we already have 17-18yo halves who will turn out to be just as good if not better in Lachlan Galvin, Heath Mason & Alex Conti. Looking forward to the National Schools Champs starting this weekend to see what they can do!
Latu is first grade ready. I think as well that his rise through junior reps is rightly hyped up given he won Harold Matts player of the year as a 15 year old against 17 year olds. Galvin, Mason and Conti are all super talents, but they will take a little more time to come through the grades. Latu is playing NSW Cup and killing it as we speak.

it's all very interesting because we obviously need halves right now, but in a couple years, we'll have a plethora. if the club does in fact sign Latu, then we have him plus Conti, Mason, Large and Isdale all of age and ready for higher honours, which will make for a very nice problem to have. Galvin is an elite prospect as many people know but I think he will be a little later down the line as the club sees him as a backrower.

as for the ASSRL Champs, I'm fairly confident Galvin and Mason will lock up spots in the Schoolboys side. Conti being a year younger will likely be 12 months away from being named, but keep an eye on Sosefo Finau. I reckon he could come from the clouds to be named by the end of the tournament.

Do any of our pathway games get live-streamed I would love to watch some games with some of our young talent that get name dropped in here a lot, I’m guessing we sometimes get NSW cup streams? Would love to know more if any here can help. :)

Do any of our pathway games get live-streamed I would love to watch some games with some of our young talent that get name dropped in here a lot, I’m guessing we sometimes get NSW cup streams? Would love to know more if any here can help. :)
Pretty rarely, unfortunately.

The only comps still running at the moment are NSW Cup and Jersey Flegg.

Cup is streamed live this weekend on NSWRL Facebook though.

If you have a News Corp/Telegraph subscription the Australian Secondary Schools Rugby League championships are starting this weekend (I think) and are streamed there.

Thanks mate, lived up in enemy territory for awhile so not much knowledge on the junior grades, schoolboy champs sounds like a great start though. 👍🏽

NRL officially confirmed Schuster for 3 years bit old news but oh well.

"I know there will always be media speculation about what players are paid but the fact is I am staying here for less than I was offered elsewhere and less than my current deal which was due to expire in 2024,'' Schuster said in a statement on Thursday.
Offered less than my current deal. Yeah right.

Latu is first grade ready. I think as well that his rise through junior reps is rightly hyped up given he won Harold Matts player of the year as a 15 year old against 17 year olds. Galvin, Mason and Conti are all super talents, but they will take a little more time to come through the grades. Latu is playing NSW Cup and killing it as we speak.

it's all very interesting because we obviously need halves right now, but in a couple years, we'll have a plethora. if the club does in fact sign Latu, then we have him plus Conti, Mason, Large and Isdale all of age and ready for higher honours, which will make for a very nice problem to have. Galvin is an elite prospect as many people know but I think he will be a little later down the line as the club sees him as a backrower.

as for the ASSRL Champs, I'm fairly confident Galvin and Mason will lock up spots in the Schoolboys side. Conti being a year younger will likely be 12 months away from being named, but keep an eye on Sosefo Finau. I reckon he could come from the clouds to be named by the end of the tournament.
Excited by all of those young halves coming through (another one is Marc Tannous).

I agree on Sosefo Finau - he has really come on this season & looks to be a real weapon on the edges.

I sussed his twitter and it was dead 😆

Back