Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

He’s replaceable.(Stef)
Pole has been better this season ,and I think Blore could potentially be an Elite middle .
He has just played origin and we cannot attract any players that have interest from other clubs. He needs to be a priority.

We should be getting him signed up long term along with Api as soon as we possibly can.

I hate saying this but I actually think Klemmer and Twal have both been better than Stef this year.

I rate Stef, but I haven't seen the development come ahead in leaps and bounds. In 2021 he came back from Origin camp and looked like the best prop in the comp, he hasn't found a new level yet, but props generally take a few years to become the best version of themselves consistently.
Yes, late 20’s is when they become consistent.
He still has plenty of time.

He has just played origin and we cannot attract any players that have interest from other clubs. He needs to be a priority.

We should be getting him signed up long term along with Api as soon as we possibly can.
It’s awesome that we developed an Orgin level foward.But I don’t think he was ready .Klemmer was more deserving.
I agree on Api ,we need him here as long as possible.Even after he hangs the boots up,in some sort of coaching role.

He also signed the contract at the beginning of 2022...when Madge was coach. The article fails to mention that. Despite many many negative media reports, nearly anytime you hear the players speak, they say they enjoy playing under Sheens/Benji.
Yes but they aren’t pushing the boundaries to turn the tide. I reckon that players didn’t like Madge because he called out mediocracy, gave no excuses with the refs or injuries etc etc.

Under sheens we don’t get beat when we lose. As long as they are enjoying their footy lol.

Just an observation. Both styles have shown to be poop at the tigers.

He’s replaceable.(Stef)
Pole has been better this season ,and I think Blore could potentially be an Elite middle .
Agree with this Pole and Blore both been good , Steph needs to come of the bench after 20 but he is young and needs to be taught some hard edge play , last year after origin he was pushing forward and dragging players with him , his aggression has regressed a bit , just needs that back and he’ll be fine
i would extend him and Pole plus Blore they are the future

I dont undersatnd how suddenly we're bagging Stefano and even saying he isnt that great. If he resigned today for 5 years everyone would be doing cartwheels. I dont blame the bloke for wanting to be at a successful club and having those clauses in the contract. If he walks its firmly on us, I wouldnt hold it against him. Good news is we have a year to show him the club is moving in the right direction.

I dont undersatnd how suddenly we're bagging Stefano and even saying he isnt that great. If he resigned today for 5 years everyone would be doing cartwheels. I dont blame the bloke for wanting to be at a successful club and having those clauses in the contract. If he walks its firmly on us, I wouldnt hold it against him. Good news is we have a year to show him the club is moving in the right direction.
Agree. How clear does the message from players need to be that they don't trust the people selling the vision from this club before the board takes action, or those who continually fail who have been given the power to control the direction of the club do the right thing and move on??

I'd like Fainu.

I'm liking $800k a year a lot less.

You only make that deal if you are 100% certain this guy leads you out of the hole. If it brings his brother as well- this starts to balance out the investment.

Fainu does not give the club the experienced half that Sheens has repeatedly talked about. His signing is only half the solution. If they can get the Part 2 of the halves solution for $300-$400k...this starts to look a better deal.
An experienced half on significantly less money than some untested/untried kid (albeit with potential) doesn't sound an attractive proposition to the "experienced half".

It's a bit less actually. That's what newie paid him under the cap then, it's gone up a fair bit since so 750-800k is probably the current equivalent.

I'd be happy to offer 4 years at 600, 700, 800, 800, with the 800 contracts requiring a certain number of matches played and try involvements the season prior.
Not sure Ponga's games played, matches won, semi-finals appearances and comps won metrics would justify the money he's paid.

Back