Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

So right, anyone with half a brain would have jumped straight in the car and headed to Bathurst. Gus is always in front of our mob, but so are every other club, maybe bar the Dragons
Let’s not forget why Fainu brother is behind bars…perhaps the focus should be on the victims and checking on their wellbeing, instead of desperation act of trying to untested brothers

Would go hard after Holbrook.

He is a development coach, look at the young players he could attract at the Titans and developed. I felt they cut him early at the Titans.
Sheens like Madge can’t coach anymore and the game has moved past them. Benji is still fresh. Holbrook comes in , has experience , great at junior development and will help Benji immensely. Get it done you terribly managed club!!!!!!

Look, if Gus has come in to try get them to bulldogs, unfortunately I think we won't bag them. How many times have the bulldogs signed someone (player or coach) we were after akin to the sly gus gould. Bloke can't keep his nose out of anything we're involved in.

Ok that’s what I thought.
Officially after November 1 2023
What I don’t get is in the earlier report saying that Ethan Sanders signed with Canberra from 2025 for 2 yrs and may get released early ie 2024. I know that parra wanted to keep him and that an offer was tabled from a rival club before Nov 1. And thank you Vicious for clarifying.

What I don’t get is in the earlier report saying that Ethan Sanders signed with Canberra from 2025 for 2 yrs and may get released early ie 2024. I know that parra wanted to keep him and that an offer was tabled from a rival club before Nov 1. And thank you Vicious for clarifying.
As far as I’m aware, the player needs approval from their current club before they can receive or sign a contract for more than a season ahead.
It’s supposedly against NRL rules if this is done without the permission of their current club,

Sanders isnt on an NRL Contract.

Reactions: 851
As far as I’m aware, the player needs approval from their current club before they can receive or sign a contract for more than a season ahead.
It’s supposedly against NRL rules if this is done without the permission of their current club,

It is if they are a NRL contracted player, Raiders either needed approval from Parra or Sanders isn’t in the top 30 for next season.

Players can talk to other clubs before Nov however a club can’t field an offer.

just to echo what someone else has said
- morris has been identified as a potential assistant
- holbrook more likely to replace dean young in NQ
- dogs arent in the race for fainu’s, commited to burton at 6 and sexton at 7 for next year, saving all of their money for haas

- simpkin to parra could happen, early word was waqa blake potentially swapped

- laurie begged to go back to penrith, tigers offered a 1 year deal, panthers 1 year plus team option

- noffa is being heavily shopped, club has said no guarantee of first grade next year

- blore shopping is now off table

Latest posts

Members online

Back