Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Player managers also represent coaches, don't be surprised if our new coaching support is managed by the gang of 3 !

Hell they probably drafted a list of suitable options circling and underlying their preferred candidates just incase Pascoe though it was multiple choice ......

Player managers also represent coaches, don't be surprised if our new coaching support is managed by the gang of 3 !

Hell they probably drafted a list of suitable options circling and underlying their preferred candidates just incase Pascoe though it was multiple choice ......
pascoe would call that due diligence on his behalf?

It would have to be a big sell or salary increase to pry an existing asst coach to become an asst coach at WT.

So Holbrook is the obvious, surely not Hook. Unless there is a Super League option.
Let me throw these names at you … Gareth Ellis (Hull FC asst coach since 19), Brett Hodgson, Matt Parish (took Samoa to RLWC final) & Steve Georgallis (Cowboys a/c), all with strong past links with us. Also Michael Cheika (links with Robbie Farah as Lenanon coach).

Holbrook & Georgallis in terms of NRL experience but imagine Gareth Ellis returning!!!

You've just suggested Sheens is not a good coach. What makes a good coach? I'd suggest being a very good player manager, a strategist and being able to impart knowledge to players. Sheens more than ticks the boxes in these areas. What you're suggesting is ageist based. I am not willing to comment on this issue but what I do know Bula is just another fullback in a long line of very good fullbacks to emerge under Sheens. I posted Sheens' comments on Bula during pre-season and he was 100% correct. Is this coincidence?
What I suggest is Sheens is both:
A good Coach

A bad Coach.

Sheens can be Awesome, and can totally suck at the same time.
I liken him to the Citroen DS of cars. Awesome air suspension, Bugger to fix.

Sheens had an insane playbook in 2005, can spot talent and can people manage.
Sheens can't train defense, or doesn't want too. Sheens doesn't toughen up a squad.

The game has moved past the Sheens style of coach. What Sheens does well won't make up for what Sheens does poorly.

Reactions: 851
Holbrook as asst coach isn't terrible. Could potentially even bolster our chances of getting Tino or Fifita. Although I feel or forwards are pretty set. It's the back we need to focus on.

So right, anyone with half a brain would have jumped straight in the car and headed to Bathurst. Gus is always in front of our mob, but so are every other club, maybe bar the Dragons
Let’s not forget why Fainu brother is behind bars…perhaps the focus should be on the victims and checking on their wellbeing, instead of desperation act of trying to untested brothers

Would go hard after Holbrook.

He is a development coach, look at the young players he could attract at the Titans and developed. I felt they cut him early at the Titans.
Sheens like Madge can’t coach anymore and the game has moved past them. Benji is still fresh. Holbrook comes in , has experience , great at junior development and will help Benji immensely. Get it done you terribly managed club!!!!!!

Look, if Gus has come in to try get them to bulldogs, unfortunately I think we won't bag them. How many times have the bulldogs signed someone (player or coach) we were after akin to the sly gus gould. Bloke can't keep his nose out of anything we're involved in.

Back