Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

I don’t see the similarity? Thurston signed with Bulldogs for no pay (Work experience type of contract) when other clubs refused to take him on, yes even at no cost. OTOH, Sullivan signs with WT for $550k. Thurston was never going home to mum without success.
I’m not getting excited by Sullivan until I see proof.
Cows made a big move to get him and it was very good dollars, probably he hadn’t been on much at the Dogs
Some similarities to Bud I reckon

Reaching there. Yes, made prelim, but came 7th after 5 years of nothing.

Cronk has never been in a struggling team. Either surrounded by cam Smith and slater or Tedesco, keary and manu
I don't believe it's reaching. They came 7th with a strong team that had a slow start to the season (1-5).
Thurston spent most his career behind international forwards (Rauhihi, Scott, Tamou) and with class alongside him (Morgan, Bowen, Coote). Even his backline was mostly classy players. They also were good enough to go on a run to make a GF without Thurston.
Sure Cronk was never in a struggling team, but neither was Thurston.

I don't believe it's reaching. They came 7th with a strong team that had a slow start to the season (1-5).
Thurston spent most his career behind international forwards (Rauhihi, Scott, Tamou) and with class alongside him (Morgan, Bowen, Coote). Even his backline was mostly classy players. They also were good enough to go on a run to make a GF without Thurston.
Sure Cronk was never in a struggling team, but neither was Thurston.
If you think the Cowboys are the same as the Storm or Roosters, I can't argue with you mate. Agree to disagree.

Reactions: 851
Rorters are offering Michael Jennings (35) a trial and train deal for 2024. Jennings has spent the last three years out of the game with a suspension for a failed drug test. Looking super fit Jennings is keen to return to the NRL.

Hmmm .. 35 years young and looking super fit has me a tad worried .. what was in these drugs he got banned for .. ?? Same goes for Bronson Xerri former Sharks now a Bulldog .. looks like he could fit into any clubs back row .. he looks like a beast .. expect big things from Xerri this season.

Rorters are offering Michael Jennings (35) a trial and train deal for 2024. Jennings has spent the last three years out of the game with a suspension for a failed drug test. Looking super fit Jennings is keen to return to the NRL.

Hmmm .. 35 years young and looking super fit has me a tad worried .. what was in these drugs he got banned for .. ?? Same goes for Bronson Xerri former Sharks now a Bulldog .. looks like he could fit into any clubs back row .. he looks like a beast .. expect big things from Xerri this season.
Unless they test for historic use , which I think only really applies to things like cycling , athletics , swimming etc . Then he can be on whatever , and probably was , as long as he’s clean when he comes back .
Still steroids arnt really the go anymore because of the long term side effects .
It’s usually HGH that’s the go nowadays , and , I’m happy to be corrected , they only can rest for there by comparing testosterone levels .
So if you can prove you’re a rock ape , with high levels historically you’re basically good to go . Or at least forge it up .

Yes I know, everyone could see Head was clearly the best option at 7 for us, but good old Tim knew better, Johnny Cronk, Fitzy and all the star halves were preferred, Sheens was stubborn and played favourites
His knee was shot. Playing on one leg

Yes. Have seen Xerri multiple times sprint training with Rodger Fabri in maroubra. He's looks a beast. Hope some of our backs are doing extra sprint training as well. It's needed.

Members online

Back