Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Rorters are offering Michael Jennings (35) a trial and train deal for 2024. Jennings has spent the last three years out of the game with a suspension for a failed drug test. Looking super fit Jennings is keen to return to the NRL.

Hmmm .. 35 years young and looking super fit has me a tad worried .. what was in these drugs he got banned for .. ?? Same goes for Bronson Xerri former Sharks now a Bulldog .. looks like he could fit into any clubs back row .. he looks like a beast .. expect big things from Xerri this season.
Yes. Have seen Xerri multiple times sprint training with Rodger Fabri in maroubra. He's looks a beast. Hope some of our backs are doing extra sprint training as well. It's needed.

Yes I know, everyone could see Head was clearly the best option at 7 for us, but good old Tim knew better, Johnny Cronk, Fitzy and all the other star halves were preferred, Sheens was stubborn and played favourites

sgd
Matthew Head seemed like the kind of player we needed to give the team structure.

I say "kind of" not exactly what we needed. We really had what we needed in Scott Prince, who could organise a team and play with some flare. I think Head was lacking a lot of those skills and he never made it anywhere else. I kinda see Head as a better Brandon Wakeham, can act as Halfback but lacking the speed and flare for NRL level halfback.

We never got an organising half again till Robert Lui, who somehow knew he could boss the tigers team around and get the result on the field. But hey Lui deservedly dropped. ... ;\

Sadly had we Kept Lui, regretfully lost Moltzden (everyone cheered, and rightly so when we kept him from the saints) we may have kept up our momentum.

Anyone know if Stains was there today as he was not in any rep teams?
Hope to see him as a good player to sign with speed.

Reactions: 851
Back