Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

And that is a gamble, at this stage.
Playing for big bucks is the big drawing card. The contract after next could be anything, but if Luai were to come on a million and fail, he only has to look at Brooks who was on a million and has somehow thieved Manly 700K for 4 years

Playing for big bucks is the big drawing card. The contract after next could be anything, but if Luai were to come on a million and fail, he only has to look at Brooks who was on a million and has somehow thieved Manly 700K for 4 years
I hope that’s not our sales pitch, we’ll make you the next Luke Brooks, adored by the masses.

Reactions: 851
Luai will get third party deals here too. And I doubt he plays origin again even if he does stay at penrith. I feel like he wants a new challenge and new environment. His childhood club and playing under Benji is very appealing I think
Heard it all before

In regards to Bennett, given how prickly he is with club administration, the way he clashed with Bronco officials, can you imagine him here? The reason why I doubt he would have ever come here, regardless of his availability.

WT considering hiring Michael Cheika is 50/50 there.

As Benji taking the reins, doesn't have an old head to lean back on.

Preferably i'd hire someone within in the League with greater NRL experience.

Once a week, the WT content team should do a Member’s Update with the CEO & Head of Football at the desk hosted by Chris Warren. 5-10 min clip of what’s news at the club the past week including putting to bed any false stories. Pascoe could talk about where Community dept has gone, what Events have been held etc etc, Betsey could update what squad has been doing, injury report, quash any rumours etc etc.

Plenty of interesting content even if no media stories to allay. No not Ask The Boss over 50 mins, just a concise update over 5-10 mins.
We could hire Gladys and she could do an update at 11:00am every day. :ROFLMAO:

In regards to Bennett, given how prickly he is with club administration, the way he clashed with Bronco officials, can you imagine him here? The reason why I doubt he would have ever come here, regardless of his availability.
“The truth is this; the only team that I ever talked to was the Wests Tigers.

There was a three-year deal with them on offer and I would have done the deal with the Tigers if the Broncos were upfront with me and told me they were going to sack me for 2019.

I gave my word I was staying at the Broncos and I intended to honour my final 12 months, so that’s why I knocked back the Tigers.”

- Wayne Bennett

“The truth is this; the only team that I ever talked to was the Wests Tigers.

There was a three-year deal with them on offer and I would have done the deal with the Tigers if the Broncos were upfront with me and told me they were going to sack me for 2019.

I gave my word I was staying at the Broncos and I intended to honour my final 12 months, so that’s why I knocked back the Tigers.”

- Wayne Bennett
This is text book Pascoe. Could have agreed to terms with Bennett for 2020 and made Ivan stay for 2019.. recruitment would've been easy as you were selling Bennett as a Coach for 2020.
Instead he took Ivan wanting to leave too personally and appointed Madge, and we've struggled since.
Pascoe has no NRL nous.

All humans at the end of the day.
Professional athletes have a short career and I think it’s awesome AJ gave a glimpse of his struggles off the footy field.

Just hope Benji sticks him to 1 position during preseason/season next year.
Yep he has been really poorly managed aside from any health struggles off the field. It's hard to perform well and develop your game in a team that is full of weaknesses and getting smashed. I still believe he can offer something but it may not be achieved here.

Don't remind me some of those gronks are still in a job. We are such a weak country

Too right. If we were a strong country I'd only allow people to work who were really good looking. You'd have to put other criteria into place as well though. I mean we can't have anyone too tall or too short or overweight. They'd also have to talk proper English.

I'd fix this place.

Latest posts

Members online

Back