Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

It’s unlikely Shane Richardson will approve 1 million dollar or higher offers for Luai or AFB based on his recent comments.
I agree with him, you need to plan and accommodate cap space long term, not just be short sighted thinking about the next season or two.

It’s ok we will pay Seyfarth $500k a year instead.

Like cmon signing Luai and AFB aren’t short term views. They are min 3-4yr term of which both will struggle to start for another year (so it’s a 4-5yr view).

Richo will be under significant pressure to have results change year 2-3 if he stays on long term which both players hands down are better than anyone we have in same positions.

Reactions: 851
It’s unlikely Shane Richardson will approve 1 million dollar or higher offers for Luai or AFB based on his recent comments.
I agree with him, you need to plan and accommodate cap space long term, not just be short sighted thinking about the next season or two.
He was just on 9 and mentioned the WTs have no recent history of winning and we have to win games.

It seems this thread has comprehensively lost their collective minds. Lee and Pascoe gone. Oh great! Now we don't need AFB and Luai. Reactionist behaviour like this won't bring success to the club
You're one of those people that support our football team and not the sport of rugby league politics that this forum is obsessed with.
Be off with you sir.

It seems this thread has comprehensively lost their collective minds. Lee and Pascoe gone. Oh great! Now we don't need AFB and Luai. Reactionist behaviour like this won't bring success to the club

A couple of people having differing views in this thread .… who would have thought?

Yeah it’s nuts. Also funny that people might actually think some won’t want success within the next 2-3yrs. If our junior pathways is as good as people have said money will be spent on marquee players 100%.

Richo had no issues spending big at the Sharks or Souths as well. He went hard for Marquee players.

I can't say I disagreed with anything Richo said.
A whole lot of common sense spoken and he whacked some journos.
It was fun.
So far that interview was brilliant. I like the way he speaks and his vision. Yes he might seem a bit arrogant but there's a lot of successful people in the game who have that which gives fans confidence (Gus Gould, Wayne Bennett)

It’s ok we will pay Seyfarth $500k a year instead.

Like cmon signing Luai and AFB aren’t short term views. They are min 3-4yr term of which both will struggle to start for another year (so it’s a 4-5yr view).

Richo will be under significant pressure to have results change year 2-3 if he stays on long term which both players hands down are better than anyone we have in same positions.
Richo has already explained it very clearly.
Top young talent will stick loyal if there is a clear pathway to playing NRL within 3 years, they will not be prepared to wait any longer.
Luai is a left sided halve, same as Latu Fainu and Lachlan Galvin.
Galvin can potentially play other positions, Fainu really only in the halves or as a 9 and we don’t appear to need him as a 9.
** Edit **
His interview this morning indicates we are still chasing Luai, so let’s see what happens.

Last edited:
Interesting that Richardson has relationships with Benji and Robbie from when they went to Souths. Also Ricoh brought Wayne Bennett to South’s maybe he might bring him here as head of footy in 2025 too
Have been thinking similar

Richi has already explained it very clearly.
Top young talent will stick loyal if there is a clear pathway to playing NRL within 3 years, they will not be prepared to wait any longer.
Luai is a left sided halve, same as Latu Fainu and Lachlan Galvin.
Galvin can potentially play other positions, Fainu really only in the halves or as a 9 and we don’t appear to need him as a 9.
If you listen to Richie soeak, it’s unlikely we will pursue Luai.
Ha ha that's funny.
You obviously didn't watch the press conference. He couldn't have been keener on us getting Luai.

Andrew Voss just made the point that any player who was considering signing with us will probably look elsewhere due to the upheaval and instability. There's just too much uncertainty for any manger to point his players our way.
It's hard to argue he's wrong.
I feel sorry for Benji. The events of yesterday probably mean the squad he has now is the squad he'll have to make work.
I like having Shane Richardson running the show, but it's at the expense of the '24 and 25 seasons.
Cash for comment. Brydens sponsor that SEN program. They are not going to bag Lee and risk $$$$$. Surely as a player and manager you would feel you’re dealing with a professional CEO (Richardson) who’s been there and done that. Lee has been the laughing stock of the league for ages, and contrary to what Lee thinks he’s entitled too, no-one is bigger than the club. If he truly loves the club as he claims, he wouldn’t have put the daggers in the club this morning. New chapter, new beginnings. Go Wests Tigers

Ricoh won’t have much say in regards to anything recruitment orientated - it has/will be a clear message that Benji has full control in regards to who comes in and out of the squad.

If Benji believes Luai/AFB fits the vision of what he’s trying to build then it’ll remain that way.

Fulton is also included in that as to my understanding they’ve both been able to move on from previous clashes - if that remains well we’ll find out.

People need to realise the difference between a chairman and a ceo. They also need to understand what makes a really effective chairman, the responsibilities, functions and requirements of corporate governance. I could go through the desired criteria from AICD but the short answer is the polar opposite of LH.
Is that Barry O’Farrell?

Ricoh won’t have much say in regards to anything recruitment orientated - it has/will be a clear message that Benji has full control in regards to who comes in and out of the squad.

If Benji believes Luai/AFB fits the vision of what he’s trying to build then it’ll remain that way.

Fulton is also included in that as to my understanding they’ve both been able to move on from previous clashes - if that remains well we’ll find out.
That's pretty much what he said today.

There's three of them. That means that with 2 halves in a team, one of them would miss out anyway. There is no guarantee that all 3 will turn out good. You think starting with 2 young halves at a club which has struggled for a decade is the way to go? No one to guide them around? Fainu I think will most likely be a great player, but Galvin is very young currently (not ready for 2025 to be paired with another early 20s player), and Sullivan has been inconsistent and injured so far in his NRL career. There's nothing wrong with competition in halves
you have to show a clear pathway for these kids . Signing a 27 year old for 4 years on 1.2 mil , doesn’t do that . I’m not against Luai ! But I don’t understand the effort for the Fainu brothers last year . Galvin will probably end up a centre . I’m just concerned about losing the kids that’s all .

I think people are looking too much into the sponsorship stuff. Even if Bryden‘s pull the plug, someone else will come along. Anyway, aren’t we supposed to have a millionaire backer?
Harry stated a few years ago his days of tipping in big money is over,but he would if it meant saving the club,with him having a major say in how it was spent

Reactions: 851

Latest posts

Staff online

Back