Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

What weve got to sell is..the next 3.5 years of playing in KOE Cup,cause thats where hes almost certain to end up.Hes about 4 or 5 in the halves rankings..
Tjhe real question is does any other club have enough confidence to BUY him at something close to what were paying him
We can't sell his contract - and if he thinks that's a fair deal for $500K per year and there are no other takers there's nothing we can do. We can make him break a contract and unless he has a viable option what can we do.

I think if we wanted him Parra would release him immediately. They think he's past it, all downhill now and in decent money.
I would offer him a deal for the rest of the year as a trial run, but his manager would probably want a 3 year deal to come here
If it’s possible to get him this year I offer 3 so rest of this year plus 25 and 26. However, if it’s after this season I would go 2 years with a CO for 27 just in case we need it.

No one needs to - he has a contract with the Tigers for this season and 3 more and he may not want to go to Canberra so it’s pointless mentioning players who have valid contracts. There's nothing the Tigers can do if he doesn't want to go anywhere.
You are 💯 correct
I was merely pointing out that there has been a number of people on here wishing to offload him but no one has mentioned Canberra as a possible destination

We can't sell his contract - and if he thinks that's a fair deal for $500K per year and there are no other takers there's nothing we can do. We can make him break a contract and unless he has a viable option what can we do.
We were stupid..he got lucky
Moving forward,theres no fun playing in front of a couple of hundred ppl in KOE and wasting his best years
He will learn that the hard way
We both need to find a compromse,and the single biggest variable is him playing well and being an attractive pick up at a reasonable $$
My guess is he will be a Schuster and on our books for for $200k for next 3 years..anything more than that and hes worth having as THE KOE no 7 and back up to the backup!

Allegedly driving with an expired license, allegedly drink driving and allegedly will return positive to an illicit drug.

Young men with so much disposable income and so much time on their hands. It would be nice for them to study or work.

Yeah, young people in general drink and/or dabble in various other substances, with or without much disposable income. It is just part of life's journey for the majority of us around most of the globe.

Very irresponsible though for someone directly educated on the topic and with the means to easily use alternative transport options, to then choose to drive when under the influence.

Close second in the stupidity stakes is having an expired licence in this day and age.

Im on the fence about Sivo, he looks busted will be over 30 if he comes. But he fits our MO of not blocking a youngsters path, in saying that i don't think we have any massive wingers coming through. Maybe the Willet kid fits that mold but i thought he was more a 1 or 6.

The cupboard is bare.

We need some big needle mover recruits in the backs but there's very limited options available.
The key is freeing up enough cash to make someone worthy an offer they can’t refuse. Richo once signed Inglis and a trophy followed, he’s no dunce.

I reckon 6-17 is fine

1-5 is the problem

Bula and Olam are alright, Naden is decent

Rest are trash
IMO, Bula is overrated.
Good with bombs and defence but has a long long way to go in attack.
Not super fast, can't break a tackle, chimes into the backline and gets caught. The wingers are starved. Rarely draws the defence and get a pass away.
The attack has to start again. His tries are from backing up someone else who has made the break.
Fingers crossed it won't take 4 seasons for the penny to drop. It doesn't come natural to him to find a gap or put someone else through a gap.

Members online

Back